Mother of all conception months Graduates

I just got a letter from a playgroup worker job I applied for over a month ago asking me in for an interview! I wonder if this is a sign? I'm gonna take the interview!

That's great Ozzie you totally should!

Gilz I quite like this: https://www.misco.co.uk/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=466649&Tab=2&NoMapp=0 and am wondering about https://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Tos...7_Laptop_PSC17E-004001EN/version.asp?PID=1049. Misco are cheapest for HP by miles but the latter site seems to have about £30 of each Toshibo to misco.

Thing is I'm a bit of a processor snob! Since rebuilding my desktop I kind of don't want an Intel and really not a celeron. I like AMD athlon, so I've been using the processor to help narrow down a bit. And I'm afraid I can't get an Acer as that's what we've currently got and we hate it! I'm sure they've changed over the years but it's no good I just can't do it! Did I say I've mostly been looking at Toshiba, HP and Samsung?

The HP one looks ok Peanut. You mentioned Toshiba so that's why I picked the first one from amazon.

I personally love my acer it's been so reliable and I've upgrade both the hard disk and ram over the years to keep up with the new versions of windows.

As for the processor thing I don't personally favour either not in laptop situations anyway. So different if you are building a custom desktop but the processors are all manufactured so similarly in spec etc for laptops I've never personally found one to perform better than the other. Oh unless you are gaming online on the laptop. In that case intel dual core all the way AMD just can't cope.

Oh oh oh I forgot to ask. Are the scans at EPAU less sensitive than the normal scans? It's just I can't see any arms or legs on my scan picture just thought that was a little weird.

Gilz are you comparing to mine and the others' 12 week pics? At your stage there's not much of limbs to be seen. I think my first scan of Byron was 8+6 and he was just a smudge of a bean even with an internal. It's not the scan but the baby!

Just had a chat with my Mum who is a computing whizz (used to teach). She says Toshiba is better than HP but that getting Windows Pro is more important. The cheapest Toshiba I can find with Pro is this: https://www.misco.co.uk/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=473549&CatId= £100 more than that HP and less RAM and smaller HDD. Hm.

Tell me about Acer now. Are they owned by anyone else? I'll have a look and see if any come with Pro.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-Sa...Celeron/dp/tech-data/B0035AXZAE/ref=de_a_smtd

https://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Acer_Extensa_5235_Laptop__LX.EDP03.187/version.asp

Yeah HP and Compaq are the same company make pretty good laptops pretty reliable.

Toshiba I've never owned but the network guy I used to work with swore by them he said it was the most reliable laptop he ever had.

Totally agree with your mum if you can get windows pro go for it. All the home versions of XP, Vista and 7 are like a nanny state. You get limited administrator options etc so I never buy those versions of the product.

Don't know who Acer are owned by, it's just entirely personal for me. They are easy to find replacement parts for too which I like.

Not comparing scans with you guys, I've got a pregnancy app on my iPhone and it shows your ultrasound pictures week by week. From the 8 week onwards ones you can see teeny little arms and legs. Can't see any of that on my scan was just a little worried

On the laptop thing could you hold out until you could go to comet or pc world and actually look at laptops. Don't actually buy one there but you could see if there was anything you really liked and then get it online. Depends if you really need that. I'm happy to buy on spec but my sister for example needs to see things first.

Oh one other thing. You might need to compromise on hdd and ram so that you can get Windows 7 pro but I wouldn't worry about it.

You can get an upgraded hdd for about £50 and ram for about £30. The laptop would be fine in the interim and next time you had some spare pennies or the inclination you could upgrade.

Nah I'd rather buy on spec. See this laptop came from DH's dad. It's possible he stitched it up as it was an ex work one which might be why it's been so crap. I'm really disinterested in laptops generally and have a better understanding of desktops having had two of my three PCs essentially handbuilt. I'm not quite as up to speed as I used to be after bying an HP but this spring we had to rebuild it after the motherboard mashed and all the USB and network connections vanished from it! (My mum's so cross about the power pack going on this beautiful new case!) But I can't really transfer my PC knowledge to laptop so I'd rather go on spec. I guess for me the important things are to have a good amount of RAM, a good processor, Windows Pro (I've only ever had pro), a decent sized HDD, wifi and on the more peripheral a DVD writer. Beyond that I'm not fussed. I need to be able to get online and have enough memory to work through my office virtual network. We'd like to use it to watch DVDs. DH will write on it so will just need open office. We won't use it for gaming (probably though all those delicious sims games I've not played in an age suddenly spring to mind...) nor for film streaming or whatever. So if it's a reputable brand and got the basics that's it really. Maybe we sould just get one of the two toshibas... I'd always rather spend a bit more for better quality. I think of things as an investment and given the limitations of upgrading laptops better to start out as well as can be afforded. Hm. This is all most likely instead of a double pram! I'm exchanging the shiny.

Which do you think looks better?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-Sa...Celeron/dp/tech-data/B0035AXZAE/ref=de_a_smtd
https://www.misco.co.uk/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=473549&CatId=

Hm Misco one seems better I think. DH will check up on our choices on Which tomorrow too.

ok I have no idea on computer I'm using Matts Toshiba my motherboard crashed and died on mine. I have found some useful Info girls Sorry I couldn't find anything on the maternity unit but I have found the the NICE Guide lines on maternity care rather useful document. If you are in the UK they should offer you that care no questions barred and if your hospital don't offer it they should send you to another or private!!!!!

Thank you loopi full marks on numeracy and borderline on literacy, I am dyslexic and assessor knows this as I am high functioning I may not require

Well done Molly that's great.

Sorry Peanut I got a migraine so spent all night in my bathroom being sick and crying.

The misco one looks better plus it has the capacity to take the RAM up to 8gb although I'm sure you'd need to be running Windows 7 64 bit version for that. But you should be able to at least double the ram to 4gb if necessary.

ok baby talk again please i'm lost, i can use a laptop just not understand the jargon. as my grumpy teenage brother in law found out last night.

shoot i went from an olive -prune - lime in 24hrs? how can i not feel that? all i have is a tiny amount of firmness that OH can now feel.

:hugs: Gilz sorry you were ill. It's so horrid. :(

DH is going to check on which today but I'm thinking that toshiba one will be my best bet, bit of an investment. Feels like a fantasy, I haven't sorted the roof vents we nerd to pass our loft as a room yet so I must be mad to spend the money on a laptop! Since getting his iPhone though DH's writing has gone leaps and bounds because of blogging and twitter so he reckons having a functioning laptop will also really open things up for him. Funny as he's normally so unbothered by this sort of thing!

Anyway thanks for your help gilz and I hope you feel better today. Sorry everyone else for the pages of laptop talk! I'll get back to whinging about nausea now!

ok baby talk again please i'm lost, i can use a laptop just not understand the jargon. as my grumpy teenage brother in law found out last night.

shoot i went from an olive -prune - lime in 24hrs? how can i not feel that? all i have is a tiny amount of firmness that OH can now feel.

well you might be wondering how you cant feel a lime, ive just used that ticker page to find out what i am,:baby:is the size of a lemon, so why cant i feel that?, where is it?. My uterus is still in the 'normal uterus area'(if you get me), still buldges out a bit&firm, but i dont think its ready to go on the move any time soon, surely a whole lemon isnt still right down there?? lol:coffee:

Dh is wondering if he can find the money for a 3D/4D scan at 24weeks, i think he wants one done more than i do, i dont mind to be honest(esp as its alot of money). The he says it would be nice to take his mum along. Well i told him if we do get one done id like it to be just us, think hes a bit disspointed. Im a very private person and just dont want anyone else there, esp his mum, would anyone else feel like that?.

oh yeah madcat hon I def dont want MIL there if we do manage to be able to afford a 3d/4d scan :trouble: She would drive me mental and I wouldnt enjoy it so much......no just me, DH and Oliver if we manage to scrape the money together unfortunately financially its not looking great :(

glad im not the only one who thinks like this then. I just dont want her there, shes a lovely woman, but shes all probing questions about the pregnancy already, i just want some privacy at scans!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->