Mother of all conception months Graduates

We're hoping to have a 4d scan too after xmas,and I definately wouldn't want anyone else there apart from my own lil family.dh and the boys.Getting it done coz no 1 its amazing,and no 2 to confirm the sex,and no 3 so the boys can see a real looking baby in my tummy.They won't have been at my other scan so it'll be nice for them to see bubs too.
Madcat your hubby must be very close to his mam to suggest that,my dh wouldn't even think of asking his mam,thank god!She's lovely too,but I think scans are nice intimate private moments.

I wouldn't want anyone else at a scan and of everyone MIL is that last person I want to have anything to do with anything. She has to earn that right and she's a lot of ground to make up.

So I've had some news today about work. I'm going to stick it in my journal in a few mins though rather than taking up all our space in this thread!

yes, as you say, its an intimate moment and not one for MIL.

Yes DH is close to his mum, which for me is something im not used to as i have nothing to do with mine and although im a daddies girl we do give each other space.

MIL is a nice woman and im fond of her, but it dont want to include her in the ins-outs of my pregnancy.

Totally agree Madcat, i wouldn't have my MIL at my scans either.

I would have taken my mum if she was still here, to the scans i had at the EPAU that my OH couldn't get to. But that's different, they are moments of terror, not moments to treasure like the normal scans are.

Thankfully i don't think it's something my OH would ever suggest.

im not sure about the 4d scans i think there freaky/scary is it wrong that i think that lol but we might have one done depends how satisfied i am at the 12 week scan i suppose!!

decided to leave th nuchal test for now might have a last minute panic attack an book it if they can fit me in but im going to see how i get on at my 11+4 scan and just have all the bloods the NHS offers!! I'll probably change my mind again tomorrow!!

i wouldnt have a problem taking my mum or MIL in as we're all really close.... my SIL took my mum in and she was there for the birth - guess again its one of the those opinion things ;)

im not sure about the 4d scans i think there freaky/scary is it wrong that i think that lol but we might have one done depends how satisfied i am at the 12 week scan i suppose!!

decided to leave th nuchal test for now might have a last minute panic attack an book it if they can fit me in but im going to see how i get on at my 11+4 scan and just have all the bloods the NHS offers!! I'll probably change my mind again tomorrow!!

i wouldnt have a problem taking my mum or MIL in as we're all really close.... my SIL took my mum in and she was there for the birth - guess again its one of the those opinion things ;)

lol i know what you mean, i think the 4D scans can be a bit freaky too!. Personally i wouldnt+didnt suggest it, but if he wants one done i wont say no either! ! !
AT the private scan DH asked about the 4D scans, and the receptionist started telling us about peoples reactions to them(people who had had the scan), aparently one woman was really upset after hers because she said her baby looked really ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!

lmao i bet the poor woman was crying over her ugly baby - i have seen some minging pics though to be fair lol but lucky the baby usually comes out looking normal/cute...

lmao i bet the poor woman was crying over her ugly baby - i have seen some minging pics though to be fair lol but lucky the baby usually comes out looking normal/cute...

hahahahaha.....so have i, its got to be said!, mind you, ive seen some very ugly babies once they have been born too! (hope mine isnt lol!).
I actually dont think new borns are the best looking species to be admiring, ive always thought this!.

Yeah i agree madcat, most of my friends have kids and over the years there have been some babies where i've seriously had to lie about how cute they were.

Thankfully they've all grown in to proper cute kids, but i think that parents see something more in their babies than the rest of us do, and that is quite natural and correct i think.

I think the 3D scans are pretty odd too. There are always all these (presumably computer generated) blobs knocking about making it look like the baby is made out of congealed custard! But yes almost all babies end up cute even if it takes a few weeks for them to do so by filling out. Newborns are a bit skinny.

yeah thats true there are some ugly babies out there bless them... my nieces were/are gorgeous i bet i have an ugly baby my SIL will take the p*ss if i do!! hoping it takes after DH as he's big eyed and dark haired unlike me!!!

Oh I forgot, I'm 14 weeks today! Yay! Only 6 to go til half way. You must be too madcat!

I think the 3D scans are pretty odd too. There are always all these (presumably computer generated) blobs knocking about making it look like the baby is made out of congealed custard! But yes almost all babies end up cute even if it takes a few weeks for them to do so by filling out. Newborns are a bit skinny.

congealed custard! ha!!, ive noticed that!!!

god yeh bids, i hope i dont have an ugly baby either!, i can just imagine being handled my 'bundle of joy' and think " oh my goodness!!!" lol. I like to t hink im a realist though, i know it will look better when its all cleaned up and in clothes!!

Tell you what madcat, you won't care what your baby looks like, just wait til you smell it! There's nothing like it on earth!

No when it's been born, we didn't bath Byron for ages and when we did we only used water. The smell is just amazing!

Yeah new baby smell is lovely. I remember thinking how yummy my sisters smelled when they were born.

I'm sure it's even better when it's your own wee baby.

I still don't feel like the time is going quicker but suppose I'm 10 weeks on Sunday so that's quarter of the way done.

Oh good gawd there is a woman in first tri talking about sex after birth and she compared the whoha to a welly boot. So not what I needed to be thinking about.

lol Gilz! Most women tend to complain of it being erm tighter rather than baggier but perhaps that depends on how long you wait. I was too sore for months. :(

Yeah new baby smell is lovely. I remember thinking how yummy my sisters smelled when they were born.

I'm sure it's even better when it's your own wee baby.

I still don't feel like the time is going quicker but suppose I'm 10 weeks on Sunday so that's quarter of the way done.

Oh good gawd there is a woman in first tri talking about sex after birth and she compared the whoha to a welly boot. So not what I needed to be thinking about.

oh lovely!!!!

Thats supprising, i wouldnt have thought the baby would smell very nice until it was all washed and clean!, shows how much i know!.

Well i found that as soon as i reached 10 weeks, that from there onwards went a hell of alot quicker!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->