Mother of all conception months Graduates

i wouldnt dare brush my kitties teeth!, no no no!

yes bids, absolutely pointless spots, im trying to cox them to come out at least with germaline, bloody days they have been there, red blotches on my mug!, how attractive.

lol gilz doctors can be soo thick. Midwife was very exact 12 weeks 5 days lol so will suffer it out til 2nd tri wahhhhhhhhhh. We just went with the combined test as it took 2 people to get a vain was just easier to say do it than go away and think about it

Matt put it like theis (midwife gave 1 in 75 as an example) you would still stick around if you had 74 out of 75 lottery tickets to listen to the draw so I gues test is there to prep us.

Yup Loopy we brush our dogs teet why do you ask?

I had my ortho appointment at hospital today. Consultant had a huff because he found out I was pregnant and couldn't have x-rays. Then he examined me and told me I need steroid injections in both hips and that if I don't I'll end up immobile during the pregnancy. That's a huge no no for me as my mum had dvt when pregnant and then died from a dvt turning into a pulmonary embolism ( lung clots)

When I asked if there was a risk to the baby he said em don't really know but I'm sure it'll be fine. Needless to say he was politely told where he could stick that til I've spoken to my obstetrician!!

Man dont you just love orthopods....caveman mentality. Uuuughh if its broke, fix it, shouldnt be there cut it out, if it hurts to move jab it. Ooooohhhh whaddya mean there is a REAL person attached to the diagnosis???? Oh bugger it they may go away and let me do my job. Dumb asses.

Not sure about risks of cortisol injections in pregnancy, dont know what doses they use - would expect it to be quite high as it would be meant for a medium acting solution. Perhaps in the second trimester, would avoid anything unless dire need in first trimester. From vauge memory think can cause adrenal suppression but not sure what the stats would be. Just thinking out loud really dont know much about it at all. Think you did right to wait to see what Obs say.

On the toothbrushing thing, took Alf to vets the other day and she checked his teeth and made some comment about all his tartar. Felt like a bad mum, had kitties all my life and never brushed them. Anyway been quite funny, he is a laid back chappie and the fish flavoured toothpaste :sick: sent him WILD!! Like catnip x1000...was trying to eat the tube and he ran off with the little kitty brush to try and pull all the bristles out.

Just wondered how many people actually did it...

lol! fish flavoured tooth paste!!. no, ours wouldnt tolerate that, but, we only ever feed them on biscuits and the vet has told me its good because biccies help crack tartar off the teeth!

Beau doesn't mind getting his teeth brushed now that he's used to it. We just do it as a matter or routine same as filing his claws. Sods law dentistry is another one of those things you find that is never covered by pet insurance so we decided prevention was easier.

Oh and thanks Loopy will definitely hold fire on the injections just now. Mr Ortho man seemed to think that it would only have a localised effect and couldn't get near the baby. Backed up with his em I don't think so statement there was no chance he was getting to do anything today.

:hugs: gilz

We brushed our old dog's teeth and also used a seaweed powder thing we added to his food that made a big difference. His teeth were horrendous though. When we found him and took him to the vet his guns were all septic. :( Can't imagine trying to clean a cat's teeth!

I feel really cross and fed up.

tried cleaning mollys teeth once bit of a laugh shes on the crunchies so no prob there. she also has vet/needle phobia so poops on the table she's virtually a house dog so bad mummy has made her have her jabs she will be going in this year for them though as i want to be able to walk her alot when I'm on Mat leaveand not worry at what shes sniffing.
Stayed off work with migraine symptoms hada 2 hour nap and am looking forward to going back to bed.

:hugs: gilz

We brushed our old dog's teeth and also used a seaweed powder thing we added to his food that made a big difference. His teeth were horrendous though. When we found him and took him to the vet his guns were all septic. :( Can't imagine trying to clean a cat's teeth!

I feel really cross and fed up.

whats up peanut?? :hugs:

:wave: Ladies :kiss:

Just catching up :dohh: I have been MIA for a few days struggling with work and I am ill and feeling sorry for myself.....I have a flu bug ugh!

madcat hon.....re the temp thing and hot baths they tell you not to over-heat yourself cause your baby cant regulate its body temp sorry this is all I know on the subject. I have hired a doppler from ebay for 9.99 a month (infact I have a missed delivery note so I think the postman tried to deliver today but I was at work!) They contact you by email towards end of your month and ask if you want to keep and you just pay subsequent 9.99`s until you are ready to send back :thumbup: I wanted a loud speaker one so we can all listen inc DS and not one you listen to using headphones and to buy they are extortionate so I though hiring one for a few months prob two/three max would be a far cheaper idea :) I too have been feeling baby move from about 10+2wks and I just know its my baby so you are prob right if you think you have felt baby move :wohoo: My baby is a little wriggler and never keeps still :dohh: I can feel it totally move position its an amazing feeling!

Congrats mamadonna and welcome to grads :wohoo: :bfp:

Hope you are ok peanut hon :hugs:

Loopy I love crown point :) infact its my birthday monday and DH is taking me pram test driving and we are going to mothercare too :)

Good news.......my gorgeous beautiful baby niece is currently position number 5 in the Leeds baby of the year competition :). We are hoping she goes through to the next round of voting :)

Sending all my love to you ladies :kiss:

Another week of work! No word on the qualification thing so I'm just gonna ride it out and let what will be will be. :hugs:

oh no ozzie hon :hugs: work has been pants for me for the last few days and I have struggled on despite been dead on my feet :( I hope they sort it out real soon the stress wont be doing you or baby any good at all! Cant you have a word with them :shrug:

I'm not stressing about it. Honestly. It's not worth it. I feel strangely at peace right now and I know we will be ok no matter what.

:hugs: thats exactly how I feel hon :thumbup: financially we could be in a better place for having beanie baby. I only get smp and we like other people have a mortgage and debts :blush: but well life is for living and things will be just fine.....I feel at peace over it too and I know we will work summat out!

Ditto Madly, we plan on getting married to that might have to wait awile lol. pram test driving is fun i liked toys r us for that

Thanks Molly :) I just think `what will be will be` I give up stressing :dohh: we are so unlucky but when it comes down to it we sort things out :)

I cant wait to go test drive :) I have a few in mind I want to check out and since MIL has offered to shell out for whatever we want we dont really have a budget...not that we are taking advantage, we will except what MIL wants to contribute of her own choosing and pay the additional if there is any ourselves!

lol same here with my dad I know he will pay the lot though nearly £500 but will last years. and will hopefully take a buggy bored i dnt think i could handle a twin lol

Well Morning all!.

My Doppler arrived this morning, ive preped it, ive drunk(just waiting for my bladder to fill!), if i cant hear anything god only help me!

not sure whats going on with the weather out there, i think we have a hurricaine going on or something!.

Yeh i dont feel t he movements often Madly, maybe on 3 occassions, they just dont feel as strong as gas and certainly not as strong as a muscle twitching, i can only assume thats what im feeling, its very very light.:wacko:

Oh thats it, Take That are back on tour in May, gona have to have this baby quick and then run to the nearest arena lol!!!

:happydance:YAY!! i got the hearbeat!!, really strong and clear, didnt take long to find either. :baby:is still quite low down in me, dont think he or she intends to pop into belly quite yet (at least i know bloated belly is just that at the moment!, bloated!). Heard alsorts on there too, some which must be movement, another sound which must be the placenta/blood flow etc.
I heard mix views on the Anglesounds but i have to say im very pleased with mine!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->