Mother of all conception months Graduates

hmm i still don't like but hope they sort you out

Madcat my boss has strep B and both her kids were born by c-section because of this. I thought it was one of the things we were all supposed to get tested for.

yes they swab you, i found out all this from the net after i was asked. its a bit crap they just ticked me off as not having strep B, mind you, it was a student MW i saw at the time so...

student should not be an issue she stillknows what she is doing and is only as good as those who have taught her, ex student nurse in the house lol.

Hi girls
I know a couple of girls who had strep b,and had to have anti biotics when in labour.I know my sister had perticularly smelly discharge sorry tmi,and thats how they found out she had it.It was never mentioned to me at all when I was pregnant with my 1st,I'd never heard of it either til my friend had it.

Gilz,I got a great thing for a pressie when shay was born.I also drive a lot alone with the kids.It looks like a soft toy,but it has a big mirror on its tummy.You position it on the headrest above and facing the baby and once you've positioned it correctly you can see baby in that mirror through your rear view mirror,if that makes sense!!!
I found it invaluable,especially if I was going to my mams or something,I be driving on the motorway most of the way for an hr and a half,so it was great to be able to glance at him and see him all snuggly and safe!
I think you can get them in mothercare or smyths.

I'm no good at nub guesses madcat,so I won't even hazard a guess!I can't even tell if there is a nub on any of my scan pics.

Gilz does that mean you'll be like 8and a half months preg at peter kay?maybe you'll go into labour you'll be laughing that much!

All good here,had great day yest at christening,and yes dh drove me mad the whole way home with his drunken talk!!!!

I'm feeling movement too off and on peanut,sometimes might not feel anything for a few days and then I'll feel it again.Baby has moved right up now,when doc was using doppler last wk she wasn't too far below my belly button,
Madcat there's every chance you were feeling movement,docs say its too early if its your 1st,but they also say for 2nd babies 14wks is when you start feeling it,I've been feeling this from wk 11,and this is my 3rd so I know what i'm feeling,regardless of what the docs say!

Not gonna get new maternity clothes this yr,have some old stuff,but also have found my new favourite pregnancy clothes.leggings and jumper dresses with boots.Bought a load of cheap jumper dresses in primark and tescos,bought them in a bigger size plus they're stretchy,loads of leggings,and i'm a happy camper!!Soooo comfy and can dress them up with good boots and casual with my uggs,so thats me for the winter!

Oooooo, leggings and jumper dresses sound awesome! I haven't worn leggings since I was 10 :haha:

Ozzie I'm afraid your new employer dies not sound reputable either as an employer or as a service provider. :( Wait til to talk to CAB, they will be able to help.

On the movement thing I think it must very much depend on the position of the baby. Even late in the day some mums don't feel much if the baby is kicking to the back. I think we feel the movement in our skin, not out uterus itself so it there is less muscle, the baby is in a position that is close to the skin, the baby kicks to the front, I think it must be possible to feel early.

Strep B testing is not routine in the UK. When my waters went early I found out that hospitals have a policy if bringing you in after a certain length of time to go on antibiotics. I guess this would deal with the infection. Maybe the chances of passing on to the baby are slight under normal birth conditions. Antibiotics during labour is a pain as they are intravenous so can be a bit limiting because of being constantly hooked up. In the states they do routine swabs for it but then when paying for healthcare they'll get everything regardless! Madcat I would chat with your mw if you are concerned. No doubt she will be as to explain why it's not routinely tested.

Oh vbaby I'll be massive by the time of Peter Kay. My sister would actually kill me if I went into labour in the middle of it we've waited so long to go and see him :haha:

If everything is ok after my scan on Wednesday and they work out where my bleeding is coming from I think I will order some maternity clothes. I've got a 15% off voucher for ASOS and it need to be used before the end of October. Wish I could wear leggings but I truly hate my legs. Even at my slimmest they are the area I despise most.

Evening ladies, nice to catch up with everything...

Ozzi congrats on your sweetpea - I felt I had an appleseed forever...and Gilz on your lovely little prune and for all you others with lemons and limes - wow! Yours seem to be growing so much faster than mine!

Well my news....have another child who now appears to have morphed into a teenager overnight. Nightmare. One Kevin was enough, we now have two. At least the three year old is safe for a while. I swear the teenager years are the worst part so far. Evil little creatures.

Gilz yes my little b cups have spilled over into a C cup. I wish I had just bought a bigger bra but was obsessed with getting a maternity one even though wont be nursing for a long time and when I am they will be much bigger still. All mine are underwired and have gone up a chest size too. Bought some off figleaves now so hope they fit, hate the faff of returns. Oh and am soooooooooooo with you on the leggings thing. I am not slim like you so never really had a chance but look admiringly at pregnant women who have these lovely bumps and nice legs peeking out. I tried a strap-on bump in Mamas & Papas and nearly wet myself laughing (trying on mat clothes). OH came to look at outfit and said 'Oh you look so beautiful cant wait til you have one, it is going to really suit you' Awwwww:blush:

No bump yet but my belly appears to have turned into dough. My waist was one thing I like and now it is a doughy mess. Waist too tight on one pair of work pants so was shopping to get simple black trousers. None looked good :nope:

Oh wow Loopy I don't envy you. My dad said we turned into Kevins literally overnight. He said he never thought Harry Enfield would have been so accurate :haha:

Oh I wonder if mothercare do those fake bump things when you are trying clothes. That'd be quite cool. I found mat clothes shopping in Glasgow rubbish. River Island and topshop both claim to stock mat clothes but in reality they don't in their stores here. Think I'll mostly need to Internet shop which bugs me for the exact same returns faff.

Not long till you have a prune too loopy, do you have a date for your next scan yet?

the thing is, im wondering when baby is going to move up into my tummy!. its still in the normal uterus area , at 14 weeks!.

ive been naughty...:-(

ive gone and ordered a doppler from Ebay.

Oh wow Loopy I don't envy you. My dad said we turned into Kevins literally overnight. He said he never thought Harry Enfield would have been so accurate :haha:

Oh I wonder if mothercare do those fake bump things when you are trying clothes. That'd be quite cool. I found mat clothes shopping in Glasgow rubbish. River Island and topshop both claim to stock mat clothes but in reality they don't in their stores here. Think I'll mostly need to Internet shop which bugs me for the exact same returns faff.

Not long till you have a prune too loopy, do you have a date for your next scan yet?

No its not fun at all. Lovely cuddly kids turn into moody monosyllabic cretins who feel life is so cruel when in fact they dont know they are bloody born. This mornings saga was over the youngest eating the last of the cookie crips. There were actual TEARs. So they are banned from the house now. It was either hormones or there is something seriously addictive in them so they are no longer. I have made our eldest watch Kevin and Perry just to show him himself, thought it was funny!

The fake bump was so fun. Tried to put on two but couldnt fit it under the top I had on. Havent been into a mothercare yet, found out on sat the one in Bradford has shut down and the one in Leeds is on a retail park that I cant seem to get to!

My next scan is 10/11/10 so not too long :thumbup:

Definately hormonal, went to a karting British Championship (which OH won twice many moons ago) and being there made me realise what he had achieved and couldnt stop bawling. Ridiculous :blush: I am def def pregnant!

Hahah Madcat...will see you regularly in the first trimester with all your newly created doppler worries:winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->