Mother of all conception months Graduates

I felt one little movement last thursday night, it was like popcorn popping inside my skin, but nothing since then. Can't wait for it to be happening consistently so i know there is a little person in there.

It's weird, my collection of scan pictures are all lovely but i still feel like that could be anyone. Does that make sense? I know i am having a baby but just don't feel like i am. That's probably the stupidest sentence i'll type all day!

Gilz I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes I tell people then this little voice goes ???? Are you sure????? Its crazy, seen it loads too and still feels so unbelievable at times. Its very odd thinking something is in there when you really cant feel it. So surreal.

Having said that think I felt a kick whilst at teaching. All of the sudden got a sensation like someone flicking their finger against my left side. Felt nothing like my usual bowel pops and rumbles. Like you Gilz, always on my left. Everything bigger on that side. Exciting though hope it was :happydance:

Am soooooo comfy in my mat black trousers - from heavenly bump. Like you guys, dont want to wash them. They are my work trousers and have some great jeans too. Its great to be able to wear elasticated waists and not feel ashamed :thumbup:

I have never been a regular forum poster either, but I love this one :hugs:

Right ladies, need help with a little dilemma....

Anyone thought of NCT classes? Really dont want to do the NHS classes, feel they have nothing to offer me. HOWEVER, I am worried that I am going to pay nearly £200 to be trapped in a room with pretentious knobs. OH went with his ex and she LOVED it, which makes me wonder whether I will meet like minded people. She keeps in touch with all the people she met and she is the kind of person I would rather poke my eyes out than sit next too. She is the 'ooh I am a headmistress and am so intelligent and have my own school and my family are nearly royalty' type. Please either reassure me normal people go to these too! OH detested going but thinks it would be worth a try to meet other mums-to-be locally.

I only want to go as I am pretty isolated here, most of my friends have moved away now and it wont be easy to visit. Knowing me I wont go to mum and toddlers either, went with DS and all the other mums talked about was their babys crap.

Do I just need a good slap??

BTW I had been thinking about Mamadonna recently , did wonder if something bad had happened as she had been bleeding. So so so sad:cry: poor love..

Madcat - I had no stretchmarks at all til about 36 weeks when they pretty much appeared over night and everything below my belly button split. :( It was agony and itchy and awful. I've just filled them out again though. lol I just got utterly huge right at the end and there was no elasticity left. I used cocoa butter for all the good it did. I haven't watched Neighbours yet today, is it sad again then? Wish stupid Paul had died.

Molly - Got to say I'm with you on the royal wedding! :D

I got my matb1 yesterday, but early but realised I'm not seeing MW til 28 weeks and am supposed to get it at 20 so rang up. Sending off to work today. I asked for clarification about my annual leave and carrying things over etc and was told HR couldn't possibly tell me that til they have the form. Now they will have it and have the notification form which doesn't include my leaving date as I can't work that out til they tell me about me leave :dohh:. My HR is such a knob!

Gilz - work from home! It's fab! We can be sneaky BnBers...I mean homeworkers. ;) On the pram front I think if your Oh walks loads he will find a carrier much better. On the peeing issue, I have to confess to really almost never doing exercises and have never wet myself in my life. My mum has never done them, has had 4 kids and is 64 (I think) and has zero incontinence. I reckon it's probably more about genes. Though if you have a major birth thing leading to prolapse that's a bit different. If we're talking heartburn I'm all for the rennies too. Much better than vile gaviscon and the likes. I never got very bad heartburn in pregnancy last time but as someone who almost never suffers from it, it was bad enough for some rennies. I don't like to take too much antacid as really it leads to the production of even more acid! Hooray for feeling movements!

I didn't feel like a mum til I had Byron. Pregnancy is like it's own special thing, totally different from parenting I think.

Poor mamadonna :(

Loopy - I'm not sure what NCT means! But it's quite fun going to classes but that sounds like a lot of money! I met a mum at my aquanatal and then a few more at the local breastfeeding/baby group which has sadly been closed down now. :cry:

We got our loft and stair carpets in! :happydance:

madcat, gilz I agree with peanut pregnancy is total different to parenting :thumbup: and I still feel like `it this real...is it really happening? am I having another baby?` and dont laugh but I still look at Oliver and think `is he mine?` I think its mad to think I have a 5yr old and another on the way............its like stark raving mental :rofl:

Madcat - I had no stretchmarks at all til about 36 weeks when they pretty much appeared over night and everything below my belly button split. :( It was agony and itchy and awful. I've just filled them out again though. lol I just got utterly huge right at the end and there was no elasticity left. I used cocoa butter for all the good it did. I haven't watched Neighbours yet today, is it sad again then? Wish stupid Paul had died.

Molly - Got to say I'm with you on the royal wedding! :D

I got my matb1 yesterday, but early but realised I'm not seeing MW til 28 weeks and am supposed to get it at 20 so rang up. Sending off to work today. I asked for clarification about my annual leave and carrying things over etc and was told HR couldn't possibly tell me that til they have the form. Now they will have it and have the notification form which doesn't include my leaving date as I can't work that out til they tell me about me leave :dohh:. My HR is such a knob!

Gilz - work from home! It's fab! We can be sneaky BnBers...I mean homeworkers. ;) On the pram front I think if your Oh walks loads he will find a carrier much better. On the peeing issue, I have to confess to really almost never doing exercises and have never wet myself in my life. My mum has never done them, has had 4 kids and is 64 (I think) and has zero incontinence. I reckon it's probably more about genes. Though if you have a major birth thing leading to prolapse that's a bit different. If we're talking heartburn I'm all for the rennies too. Much better than vile gaviscon and the likes. I never got very bad heartburn in pregnancy last time but as someone who almost never suffers from it, it was bad enough for some rennies. I don't like to take too much antacid as really it leads to the production of even more acid! Hooray for feeling movements!

I didn't feel like a mum til I had Byron. Pregnancy is like it's own special thing, totally different from parenting I think.

Poor mamadonna :(

Loopy - I'm not sure what NCT means! But it's quite fun going to classes but that sounds like a lot of money! I met a mum at my aquanatal and then a few more at the local breastfeeding/baby group which has sadly been closed down now. :cry:

We got our loft and stair carpets in! :happydance:

:wine: a virtual cheers to your carpets Varnish Bean! Our stair carpets are ripped up too.

The NCT are the National Childbirth Trust organised classes, sure you have heard of the charity, I remember you mentioning the LaLeche League and they are all of the same pro-breastfeeding, pro-natural childbirth (and homebirths etc) mindset. You pay for five sessions, some half days etc at weekends.

Oh Ozzi:hugs::hugs::hugs: poor you take care :flower:

Loopy hon I dont know about NCT either however I loved the NHS sessions plus they showed you around the delivery suite you will be delivering in :shrug: free too...I agree a lot of cash to shell out on summat you may not even enjoy attending!

Yay to new carpets Peanut bet you are glad that's you finished :happydance:

Sorry you are sick Ozzie :hugs:

Loopy I personally don't fancy antenatal of any variety, think my view has been slightly skewed in that all of my friends who went said the NHS classes in our area are pants. If the classes are something you and your OH would go to together and you'd get something from them why not :shrug:

madcat, gilz I agree with peanut pregnancy is total different to parenting :thumbup: and I still feel like `it this real...is it really happening? am I having another baby?` and dont laugh but I still look at Oliver and think `is he mine?` I think its mad to think I have a 5yr old and another on the way............its like stark raving mental :rofl:

im glad you answered that one, because i wondered how you girls who already have children feel, but it seems not much different,
"is he mine??"
brilliant! (at least i know those thoughts happen!)

Peanut, does your house smell nice with the new carpet down?(im a serious new carpet sniffer!!)

BTW I had been thinking about Mamadonna recently , did wonder if something bad had happened as she had been bleeding. So so so sad:cry: poor love..

thank you lolly unfortunatley when i went for th e scan no baby was there i had to keep going back for the next couple of weeks cos i still had a little level of hcg so had to make sure it returned to normal...it has and i have just said bon voyage to the wicked witch and i'm hoping and praying i get a nice pressie for xmas in the form of a bfp!!trying out soy so you never kno,keep everything x'd for me plz

Aw mamadonna huge :hugs: hopefully this will be your month hon.

I was just measuring my massive boobies. Can't believe they haven't gone up another cup size I really thought they were getting too big for this bra again. Not that I'm complaining though, I'd actually rather they shrank again!

:hugs: mamadonna. So sorry for your loss, good luck for next cycle. If you're on it I'll update the first post when I'm not on my phone.

Madly, madcat, I too look at Byron and think how did it come about he's mine?! It's like he has always been there at the same time as being astounding he is there. Really odd! I totally can't picture this pregnancy ending in a baby. I've had a couple of moments of epiphany but it never lasts! Lol

:hugs: Ozzie. Hope it passes soon, just rest and keep trying to eat.

Oh! Knew I'd forgotten something. Thanks all for the happy carpet wishes. DH has to move all the crap up there, heartbreaking as it's easily the best room in the house now, which frees up the rest of the house. Jobs still to do:
Bedroom - caulk cracks in ceiling and paint; decorate and fit out walk in wardrobe; new carpet.
Kitchen - redecorate.
Stairs - there's a small area that needs redecorating.
Roof - fit vents and get leaking chimney breast fixed.
Other - bit of boarding for the joiner to come back to do and fit intumescent strip in fire door frames before we can finally get the certificate for the loft as a habitable room.

bloody migraine paracetamol won'ttouch it who'd call in sick came home an hour early? Seeing Ob tomorrow

Aw Molly sorry about the migraine. I don't even try paracetamol when I have one cos I know it does nothing. Of course can't take my prescribed migraine stuff cos of the jellybean.

I'm so not well again today. Definitely shouldn't have gone back to work yesterday I've just made myself more ill. Feeling thoroughly sorry for myself cos I'm all alone with the dog, it's actually pathetic of me.

Anyway to cheer everyone up here's my weird dream from last night.

I was a huge nightclub and there was an old school rave night on. Lots of glow sticks and neon clothes etc. Everyone round about me was drunk or taking drugs etc but I was sitting on the floor eating a bag of raw pea pods and mange tout :saywhat: I hate peas!! People kept standing on me when they were dancing so we went home.

Then the baby was born and it was a boy, but it hated me. He had wee jaggy teeth and kept trying to bite me when I picked him up. We got home and I realised that my OH hadn't let me buy any stuff like bottles or clothes or a crib! So the baby went in a shoe box wrapped in a jumper and we fed it cheerios!!

I think I've actually lost my mind :rofl:

Morning all!........Brrrrrr...im chilly!

Peanut, happy 19 weeks to us (&Vbaby for tomorrow),im glad you find it hard to believe this pregnancy will result in a baby too, i just thought it was me with weird thoughts like that!.

Gilz, loving the dreams, your baby sounds super scary with those teeth!.

I woke up at 4 for a wee,couldnt get back to sleep, i seem to be aching alot in the night too, aching back, aching pelvis, even my knees ached, im wondering if this can be helped with a pregnancy pillow or not?, not super keen on them(barely enough room in our bed),but im wondering.:shrug:

Happy 19 weeks Madcat, Peanut and Vbaby :happydance:

I bought one of the pillows Madly recommended cos I'm so uncomfy. I tried the whole normal pillow between my legs but it wasn't doing anything for me at all.

Gave in and bought a doppler this morning. Feeling so stressed about the effect my kidney is having on the jellybean. Madcat how do I use it?

Happy 19 weeks Madcat, Peanut and Vbaby :happydance:

I bought one of the pillows Madly recommended cos I'm so uncomfy. I tried the whole normal pillow between my legs but it wasn't doing anything for me at all.

Gave in and bought a doppler this morning. Feeling so stressed about the effect my kidney is having on the jellybean. Madcat how do I use it?

oh your poor kidney, i never knew having just one could complicate things so much in pregnancy, i guess if it was detrimental to baby docs would have told you(?). Hope it eases up for you thou.

Oooooo What doppler did you buy? Anglesounds?. Some girls complain the battery it comes with isnt very good, mine was fine though, but i did buy a new spare just incase. You'll need some baby oil to smother on you(this is what i use),apply it to your lower stomach right down to your pubic bone and around. Make sure you got your volume on (lol!!...no heart attacks before we even start huh!) and the head phone are in properly. Place the doppler(gentle press, not much pressure at all needed) down by your public bone and move it left to right, if nothing - do the same but moving up a bit each time,you'll probably pic up the sound of the placenta 1st&might think its the heart beat, i usually found bubs HB not far from the placenta so jiggle the doppler around the area (even tilting the doppler one way or other a bit) until you pick up a similar noise to the placenta but sounds more like horses galloping!. that will be the HB.

Other sounds will be your hb(slower obviously) from arteries. if you hear a swishing noise (like a tennis racket being swiped thru air) thats baby flinging its self around!.

Any probs when you get it, just ask!

heres the sound youre looking out for (not be confused with all the others in there!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpZQroodZlE

Yeah I bought the angelsounds one cos I've heard good things from you and some other girls about it.

I'm sure the docs are on top of things I'm just a stresser by nature. Usually my OH would keep me in check he's very calm and collected but even he sounds a little worries these days. That's just cos he's not here though.

On the positive though we are going looking at prams on Saturday. Just want to try to find one we both like. Then I'll keep an eye out for a good deal once we've had our scan after new year.

Oh and odd piece of info for the day. Did you know if you shine a torch on your tummy your baby will move away from the light. The babycentre app on my phone told me that this morning. Apparently it's a good way to stimulate movement if you haven't felt any for a while.

oh i heard that things about the light, didnt know it was now that it had any effect though!!:thumbup:

i think you should be ok with the anglesounds, just make sure you start low on yourself (even now my :baby: is still pretty low down), and as you move it around make sure you move it VERY slowly as its easy to skim right past the HB, its actually taking me a bit longer to find it now, it seems to move around alot more (where i used to find it in the same place), even then, sometimes i find it, then10 seconds later its gone!!. I just love listening out for all the other movements in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->