Mother of all conception months Graduates

Well I can't go on much longer with my hair like this! I dye it black so you can imagine how the grey shows up :dohh:

i found this info on the net
THE REASON WHY YOU SHOULD AVOID HAIR DYING DURING PREGNANCY IS because of all the hormones the condition of your hair often changes (for good or bad depending on the individual) and the end result may not be the colour you were after, dying your hair has not shown any harm to unborn babies.

I'm half way through my hairdressing qualification. You can have your hair coloured during your pregnancy, most good hairdressers will insist on a skin test 24 -48 hours before you have the colour to check you don't have a reaction (this is because your hormones in your skin and hair change during pregnancy), some hairdressers will not do this test but I would highly recommend it and if you have a reaction don't have it done. Most good hairdressers will also do a strand test (they take a few strands of hair and place it in the colour they'll be using this is to check for any side effects and to see if the colour takes correctly) Some hairdressers will also not do it at all just because of the possible risks. No one knows for sure if it's safe to have your hair coloured but that also means that it's not been proven to harm the baby.
I'll be working with hair colour every day when I go back to college in September and I'm 26 weeks pregnant.
If you were just having foil highlights as they aren't going directly onto your scalp then you should be fine just make sure the room is well ventilated if you do go ahead
If you do decide to do your hair at home I use nice and easy, which is nice, just look for a colour with a low strength peroxide.

all seems ok!

I think there have been experiments about dying your hair in pregnancy but nothing for certain has been concluded!

i found this info on the net
THE REASON WHY YOU SHOULD AVOID HAIR DYING DURING PREGNANCY IS because of all the hormones the condition of your hair often changes (for good or bad depending on the individual) and the end result may not be the colour you were after, dying your hair has not shown any harm to unborn babies.

I'm half way through my hairdressing qualification. You can have your hair coloured during your pregnancy, most good hairdressers will insist on a skin test 24 -48 hours before you have the colour to check you don't have a reaction (this is because your hormones in your skin and hair change during pregnancy), some hairdressers will not do this test but I would highly recommend it and if you have a reaction don't have it done. Most good hairdressers will also do a strand test (they take a few strands of hair and place it in the colour they'll be using this is to check for any side effects and to see if the colour takes correctly) Some hairdressers will also not do it at all just because of the possible risks. No one knows for sure if it's safe to have your hair coloured but that also means that it's not been proven to harm the baby.
I'll be working with hair colour every day when I go back to college in September and I'm 26 weeks pregnant.
If you were just having foil highlights as they aren't going directly onto your scalp then you should be fine just make sure the room is well ventilated if you do go ahead
If you do decide to do your hair at home I use nice and easy, which is nice, just look for a colour with a low strength peroxide.

all seems ok!

Thanks hun!! yay :)

my husband told me my roots needed doing yesterday, and i knew that for him to point that out, they must have been bad!, i could no longer carry on looking like britney spears on a bad hair day.

Ooooh they must have been bad for a mean to notice! that is bad! :haha:

and on that account, im off to dry it all now, and watch some TV&get my husband off his PS3.

Im also VERY VERY Thirsty!!

I'm drinking for England!!

Night night... big brother time! xx

DH just told me I dont need to dye my hair I look lovely as I am :dohh: am like `god you obviously dont pay much attention to me then do you!` men :)

lmao... he's learned well hasn't he?! They must talk about it with their mates " Whatever she says always say she looks lovely the way she is, that'll always win you some points!" :haha:

Mornin All!.

well for the 1st time for what must be years, i had to get up in the night and have a wee!. 3am and i lie there in bed wondering if i could ignore it, tossed this way and that way but after realising i was starting to get stomach ache i had to give in!. wonder if was a one off or more to come!!:shrug:

Morning :)

Well with my illness AI have a weak bladder anyway and usually get up once or twice a night but I'm getting up about 4-5 times now :wacko:

I'm just sat here colouring my roots :wohoo: no grey for me anymore lol

Morning :)

Well with my illness AI have a weak bladder anyway and usually get up once or twice a night but I'm getting up about 4-5 times now :wacko:

I'm just sat here colouring my roots :wohoo: no grey for me anymore lol

LOL!!, im a natrual blonde now!!, looking really classy!!:rofl:

well, i joined our library this morning!, - exciting huh!!, picked up a baby book but i think youre right, ive read more on the internet!!.

Are you still getting the lower tummy cramps?(or heavy aches as i call then), mine seem to come and go now as appossed to the last few weeks when they were always there, (.)(.) getting a bit more sore now though.

LOL out of the blue i decided to fry up some mushrooms and have mushrooms on toast for lunch, bloody yummy, cant remember the last time i did that, i didnt even like mushrooms last year anyway!.

Annnd now I want mushrooms on toast!
I've just walked round the supermarket heaving at everything I looked at for tea :wacko: I ended up buying something for oh and ds and a tin of beans for me to have beans on toast if I'm up to it.

I'm not really having the heavy pains atm... though they do seem to come and go along with twinges every now and again. I'm hoping this is normal! I'm sure it is.

I'm so happy I've just done my last dig and got 3+... I've been wanting to do one for days and I wasted a load testing too soon and oh said I was silly and couldn't have another but I bought one from the supermarket and did :haha:
I've promised hand on heart thats it for me... no more testing! I've got my scan on the 31st anyway so I'm sure I can wait that long lol

Thats the thing these days... you can read everything you need to know online without buying books or going to the library. Still good fun though :)

y'know im ot feeling iccky at all, but for me thats probably a good thing (mentally).

ive only had that heavy feeling maybe twice today, and like you say the occassional twinges, which i seem to feel mostly in the evenings when im lying down watching tv.

I have to admit i used an OPK today(theyre as good as a Preg), its all reasurance, you wouldnt believe how dark the test line on those go!, i mean the line goes almost purple while the control line is just a pinky colour!, both shoot up straight away. I guess at this stage its the only thing you can do, different when you can feel a baby moving around. its a hell of a waste of money though!!!.

Not long till your scan now is it?, bet your nervous/excited all in one, i phoned my clinic who are trying to fit me in for about 8 weeks, i dont have a date yet though, that forum really messed us up didnt it?.

Oh you can say that again! I'm constantly on edge thinking something is gin gt o wrong. I've looked at the stats and once ytou find our you're preggo then there is only a 10% chance of mc but I'm thinking why are there so many girls with tickers regarding losing their babies :(
I do keep trying to tell myself that forums to attract people who've had problems so it's not a true bearing on 'real life' ahhh what will be will be! Just gotta try and get through these early weeks as best we can.

I am really looking forward to my scan and yeah... really scared... as soon as I see that heartbeat (hopefully) I'll breath a big sigh of relief then once a heart beat is seen the mc rate drops to 5% so thats a bit better!

Oh gosh don't tell me that about opks lol I've got about 20 in my draw still :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->