Mother of all conception months Graduates

ooooooooooooooooooooh yes plenty of :sex: over here :thumbup:

We actually had quite a hot and steamy session the other night very passionate :blush:

The feel good factor is good for your baby hon and so is an orgasm :winkwink:

Bids - there are so many aches, pains, conditions associated with pregnancy that even completely healthy women can have severe problems. Try not to worry, it might not even be that bad, you just need to take each day and symptom as it comes. :hugs:

Gilz - nope! But baby is safe, there's really no reason to avoid it if you want to do it. We've been too busy and tired and I've been too sick. With Byron we managed it twice the whole pregnancy. I was too ill to manage anything. Then after the birth it was 8 months til I was ready. We tried it here and there but it was just upsetting and made me free broken. But others get the horn through pregnancy and never stop! Lol. I would say just do what you want to do.

Great news about the scan madly. My diary's changed so I wanted to bring my mw appointment a week earlier but the surgery seems to be closed. It's never bloody open!

Thanx gilz i just hope its manageable!!!

Im glad you asked that gilz as ive been putting it off now even though im gagging for it lol - but we have all next week off work so i was just going to give in to it then, dont suppose it can do any harm!!!

thanx for the reassurance madly might not wait til next week now hehe ;)

Thanks peanut yeah thats what i will do - ive lived with it this long so im sure it'll be ok plus not much i can do about it now :D

Ladies with DS my sex drive def increased....DH didnt complain :lol: and I have a feeling it may well just be the same this time too :rofl:

I read somewhere when I was having DS that the good endorphines released whilst having :sex: are good for your baby and the more good endorphines you experience the better b/c this makes for a happy, settled and contented baby :thumbup: So :sex: away ladies :wohoo:

LMAO :rofl: I already have all of my referral forms for physio in my mat notes ready to send as soon as needed b/c am sure I will :)

Forgot to say ladies I have my app for my 1st scan :wohoo: it came in the :mail: this morning it was for Monday 4th Oct at 3.45pm but I rang up to change it to Tuesday 5th October at 11.30am b/c I am not allowed to take Oliver with me :( apparently no children under 16 yrs old are allowed in the scan room but can wait in the waiting area with an adult which would mean DH wouldnt be able to accompany me in for my scan so to save alot of hassle I rang up and got an app whilst Oliver is at school for the very next day :) Cant wait ladies I will be 12wks and 2days by LMP :dance:

Yay for your scan!!!Mine is sat 2nd oct so just few days before you,i'll be 11+1 by lmp.Its a private 1 i'm paying for as my 1st hospital 1 is not til 16th nov!!
Can't wait for this scan,can't relax and enjoy things til I see that heartbeat...
Had early scans with both my sons because I was in severe pain,they needed to rule out ectopic,all was good with both and got to see heartbeats nice and early on,so this wait is just killing me!!

On the whole sex drive thing,i'm feeling quite frisky at times,but definately don't have the energy to follow through at the moment!!!!Poor hubby!

Thanks for all the info ladies :thumbup:

Will definitely give :sex: a whirl at the weekend and see how it goes. Since I'm pretty in the mood most of the time I'm sure I'll feel more relaxed after we've done it once and the sky doesn't fall in :haha:

i must admit we havent had any nooky yet!, after the little bit of spotting i had at 5 weeks i ready somewhere it was best not to in the early days, so i havent taken any chances. we will though!:thumbup:

Arraghh!
As some of you may remember, i have a problem with my throat, like a tight sensation/choking sensation.

i saw my doc a week ago who prescribed me medication for stomach acid, it could be this causing the problem but he thinks its anxiety, hes just ruling the 1st thing out.

Anyway, he said it was safe for me to take in pregnancy, the leaflet said otherwise.I went back to him today,he said he still needs to rule out stomach acid and says its safe to take, although nothing has been proven as obviously you cant test on pregnant women.

it was still niggling at me when i got home,so i googled the medication, on the internet it says its not advisable to take within the 1st trimester of pregnancy.

Whats a girl to do???:cry:

Good Morning Ladies,
Last night I experienced my first sickness of being pregnant not sure if this is good/being so early in my trimester compared to last pregnancy. Also worked out hardcore/but not too much and my muscles where on fire when I went to bed blah. I'm praying I do not experience much nausus this time around with having Karissa I can't just lay down for a hour.

Today is going to be a rough day as I'm taking away my daughter morning nap bc she been napping to much and not wanting her afternoon nap. So I most likly won't be alot today.................... btw on the sex question my oh is really odd about bedding while pregnant we got into it over it and now I'm with drawling myself from him and he can suffer 9 plus months the donkeys butt ):

Madcat..will comment whilst i am thinking about it.. Just about every drug will say not to be used in the first trimester. The drug companies are covering their ass. And no further info will ever be gleaned as no-one is ever going to do trials on pregnant women for obvious reasons. However there is a bank of common drugs that GPs pretty much know from years of use, that are pretty safe and we use commonly despite the cautions on the box. At the end of the day, it is risk vs benefit. If you are suffering and unwell with your symptoms then it wont help the babe and it may be worth accepting a small risk. However it is something that is not overall a big discomfort, or isnt going to cause you harm in the long run if untreated then you can hold off. At the end of the day it is your body, and your call. I would ask myself 'Do i REALLY need this ' and if the answer is no then I wouldnt.

Madly -exciting news about the scan :happydance::happydance: its so exciting. wish i could fast forward!! although am trying to enjoy this pregnancy and just chill the heck out. aint happening yet though :nope:

The sex thing...the medical slant (sorry i cant help it :shy:) is if you have a history of mc then usually avoid...although evidence not really conclusive it will make a difference...if no history then enjoy :thumbup: :thumbup: am avoiding at moment due to my history and age (more at risk of mc), will think about once over 12 weeks or so if things been ok. Its gonna kill me , I get super horny in pregnancy feel like the sexiest thing on two legs :rofl:

Peanut - thanks for that, will retry the ticker thing.

Bids...I have a microdiscectomy for my severe sciatica in august last year. Suffered terribly, was on all sorts of medication which made me comfortable and meant i could wash and dress myself but couldnt work due to the side effects - was a proper space cadet. Was back at work 6 weeks after surgery off all meds. Brilliant. Am really worried, will be referred directly for consultant care because of it but shouldnt prevent normal delivery unless complications arise in the next few months. Like madly said, there is alot of support and things that can help. This is why i am worried about twins !! Know i am gonna struggle with carrying one and cant afford anymore time off sick. OH worried sick as he saw how much i suffered. Keeping my PMA though! Will crawl over hot coals for this :baby:

Loopy you working inmy field I'm STaR worker. MMMMMMM nothining like sumit like that flying through the air at u. Same rules and risk assessments. your Consultant shoulddoit now and on callwould not be good for u. Ae u private or NHS?

oh wow that interesting Molly! I am NHS, I think i will be about 21 weeks when I leave this rotation. I dont think you can get out of on calls till after 20 weeks but dont quote me on it. I just usually hide when it all kicks off :thumbup:

oh peanut having problems doing my graduate ticker???

get on the trust websites its under new mothers, I'm sabp would be gould fun if you were in my trust. Hugs

Loopy you working inmy field I'm STaR worker. MMMMMMM nothining like sumit like that flying through the air at u. Same rules and risk assessments. your Consultant shoulddoit now and on callwould not be good for u. Ae u private or NHS?

oh wow that interesting Molly! I am NHS, I think i will be about 21 weeks when I leave this rotation. I dont think you can get out of on calls till after 20 weeks but dont quote me on it. I just usually hide when it all kicks off :thumbup:

oh peanut having problems doing my graduate ticker???

get on the trust websites its under new mothers, I'm sabp would be gould fun if you were in my trust. Hugs

hahah yes it would be! I am working in my local area which is handy. Will check out the website ta hun :flower:

Aww girls scans ahoy!!!!!
for a girl with no sex drive I have had to many of those dreams. now i need the energy poor OH won't know what hit him.
My cousin - the mother of 5 offered the titbit that orgasm increases blood flow so is good for baby lol. that was a very weird conversation. Made it to 6 weeks!

night shifts are for policies loopy loads of fun.
hope they let you go community or something the junior docs etc are always getting the worse end of the stick

night shifts are for policies loopy loads of fun.
hope they let you go community or something the junior docs etc are always getting the worse end of the stick

thats a great idea Molly never thought of requesting a swap. As a GP trainee the community stuff is far more relevant and educational. In my hospital the psychiatry trainees decided the GP trainees should cover the inpatient wards - the busiest and most stressful jobs. My 12 hour on call last night was a nightmare. Ran from one crisis to another all evening. Would love community - they may consider it x

there is a VERY pregnant doctor at work at the moment, she isnt on an inpatient ward though but has opted to continue on the rota for nights due to the drop in wage xx

Madcat..will comment whilst i am thinking about it.. Just about every drug will say not to be used in the first trimester. The drug companies are covering their ass. And no further info will ever be gleaned as no-one is ever going to do trials on pregnant women for obvious reasons. However there is a bank of common drugs that GPs pretty much know from years of use, that are pretty safe and we use commonly despite the cautions on the box. At the end of the day, it is risk vs benefit. If you are suffering and unwell with your symptoms then it wont help the babe and it may be worth accepting a small risk. However it is something that is not overall a big discomfort, or isnt going to cause you harm in the long run if untreated then you can hold off. At the end of the day it is your body, and your call. I would ask myself 'Do i REALLY need this ' and if the answer is no then I wouldnt.

Madly -exciting news about the scan :happydance::happydance: its so exciting. wish i could fast forward!! although am trying to enjoy this pregnancy and just chill the heck out. aint happening yet though :nope:

The sex thing...the medical slant (sorry i cant help it :shy:) is if you have a history of mc then usually avoid...although evidence not really conclusive it will make a difference...if no history then enjoy :thumbup: :thumbup: am avoiding at moment due to my history and age (more at risk of mc), will think about once over 12 weeks or so if things been ok. Its gonna kill me , I get super horny in pregnancy feel like the sexiest thing on two legs :rofl:

Peanut - thanks for that, will retry the ticker thing.

Bids...I have a microdiscectomy for my severe sciatica in august last year. Suffered terribly, was on all sorts of medication which made me comfortable and meant i could wash and dress myself but couldnt work due to the side effects - was a proper space cadet. Was back at work 6 weeks after surgery off all meds. Brilliant. Am really worried, will be referred directly for consultant care because of it but shouldnt prevent normal delivery unless complications arise in the next few months. Like madly said, there is alot of support and things that can help. This is why i am worried about twins !! Know i am gonna struggle with carrying one and cant afford anymore time off sick. OH worried sick as he saw how much i suffered. Keeping my PMA though! Will crawl over hot coals for this :baby:

thankyou, for your take on this. well, its not a pleasant thing i have, but ive been thinking about holding off until im in the 2nd tri if the problem is still there. Im also thinking of trying some of the self help anxiety treatments to see if thats the root cause first, the doc doesnt think its stomach acid anyway, he just has to give me the treatment for this to rule it it out

Yeajh thats my one fear loopy Iv asked to switch my next week ones as I want to get my blood presseure back up and feel better, it seems ok today so a nice rest of a month then back on for 2nd Tri. Inpatient is very risky as your always the onse to "blame" for stuff. I'm rehab so its less risky but the idea of only 2 of us on at night is a bit dodgy when you don't feel well. Hopefully some MS will kick in and occy health wil say u need to relax lol.

:sick:Goodness me, i went to have pie & mash this evening. I just could not eat the pie, i couldnt stand the taste, the smell,you name it!.
I think the sickie feelings are passing, but there as still alot of foods that leave me feeling :sick:at the thought of, or taste of!!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->