Mother of all conception months Graduates

Madcat..will comment whilst i am thinking about it.. Just about every drug will say not to be used in the first trimester. The drug companies are covering their ass. And no further info will ever be gleaned as no-one is ever going to do trials on pregnant women for obvious reasons. However there is a bank of common drugs that GPs pretty much know from years of use, that are pretty safe and we use commonly despite the cautions on the box. At the end of the day, it is risk vs benefit. If you are suffering and unwell with your symptoms then it wont help the babe and it may be worth accepting a small risk. However it is something that is not overall a big discomfort, or isnt going to cause you harm in the long run if untreated then you can hold off. At the end of the day it is your body, and your call. I would ask myself 'Do i REALLY need this ' and if the answer is no then I wouldnt.

Madly -exciting news about the scan :happydance::happydance: its so exciting. wish i could fast forward!! although am trying to enjoy this pregnancy and just chill the heck out. aint happening yet though :nope:

The sex thing...the medical slant (sorry i cant help it :shy:) is if you have a history of mc then usually avoid...although evidence not really conclusive it will make a difference...if no history then enjoy :thumbup: :thumbup: am avoiding at moment due to my history and age (more at risk of mc), will think about once over 12 weeks or so if things been ok. Its gonna kill me , I get super horny in pregnancy feel like the sexiest thing on two legs :rofl:

Peanut - thanks for that, will retry the ticker thing.

Bids...I have a microdiscectomy for my severe sciatica in august last year. Suffered terribly, was on all sorts of medication which made me comfortable and meant i could wash and dress myself but couldnt work due to the side effects - was a proper space cadet. Was back at work 6 weeks after surgery off all meds. Brilliant. Am really worried, will be referred directly for consultant care because of it but shouldnt prevent normal delivery unless complications arise in the next few months. Like madly said, there is alot of support and things that can help. This is why i am worried about twins !! Know i am gonna struggle with carrying one and cant afford anymore time off sick. OH worried sick as he saw how much i suffered. Keeping my PMA though! Will crawl over hot coals for this :baby:

thankyou, for your take on this. well, its not a pleasant thing i have, but ive been thinking about holding off until im in the 2nd tri if the problem is still there. Im also thinking of trying some of the self help anxiety treatments to see if thats the root cause first, the doc doesnt think its stomach acid anyway, he just has to give me the treatment for this to rule it it out

if the tablets work, then its acid. If they dont, its something else and the doc moves on and looks elsewhere for root cause. The anxiety self help sounds good x hope you feel better soon :flower::flower:

Madcat..will comment whilst i am thinking about it.. Just about every drug will say not to be used in the first trimester. The drug companies are covering their ass. And no further info will ever be gleaned as no-one is ever going to do trials on pregnant women for obvious reasons. However there is a bank of common drugs that GPs pretty much know from years of use, that are pretty safe and we use commonly despite the cautions on the box. At the end of the day, it is risk vs benefit. If you are suffering and unwell with your symptoms then it wont help the babe and it may be worth accepting a small risk. However it is something that is not overall a big discomfort, or isnt going to cause you harm in the long run if untreated then you can hold off. At the end of the day it is your body, and your call. I would ask myself 'Do i REALLY need this ' and if the answer is no then I wouldnt.

Madly -exciting news about the scan :happydance::happydance: its so exciting. wish i could fast forward!! although am trying to enjoy this pregnancy and just chill the heck out. aint happening yet though :nope:

The sex thing...the medical slant (sorry i cant help it :shy:) is if you have a history of mc then usually avoid...although evidence not really conclusive it will make a difference...if no history then enjoy :thumbup: :thumbup: am avoiding at moment due to my history and age (more at risk of mc), will think about once over 12 weeks or so if things been ok. Its gonna kill me , I get super horny in pregnancy feel like the sexiest thing on two legs :rofl:

Peanut - thanks for that, will retry the ticker thing.

Bids...I have a microdiscectomy for my severe sciatica in august last year. Suffered terribly, was on all sorts of medication which made me comfortable and meant i could wash and dress myself but couldnt work due to the side effects - was a proper space cadet. Was back at work 6 weeks after surgery off all meds. Brilliant. Am really worried, will be referred directly for consultant care because of it but shouldnt prevent normal delivery unless complications arise in the next few months. Like madly said, there is alot of support and things that can help. This is why i am worried about twins !! Know i am gonna struggle with carrying one and cant afford anymore time off sick. OH worried sick as he saw how much i suffered. Keeping my PMA though! Will crawl over hot coals for this :baby:

thankyou, for your take on this. well, its not a pleasant thing i have, but ive been thinking about holding off until im in the 2nd tri if the problem is still there. Im also thinking of trying some of the self help anxiety treatments to see if thats the root cause first, the doc doesnt think its stomach acid anyway, he just has to give me the treatment for this to rule it it out

if the tablets work, then its acid. If they dont, its something else and the doc moves on and looks elsewhere for root cause. The anxiety self help sounds good x hope you feel better soon :flower::flower:

thanks hun, im going to try the self help soon, the doc even gave me the website for it, i'll see if that works first!!:flower:

Oh wow just nearly told my OH's mum about us being pregnant, and she started talking about how happy she was we didn't have kids cos she's too old and they are too much work :cry:

I had to bite my lip and walk out before I started crying. Completely didn't see that coming.

Oh wow just nearly told my OH's mum about us being pregnant, and she started talking about how happy she was we didn't have kids cos she's too old and they are too much work :cry:

I had to bite my lip and walk out before I started crying. Completely didn't see that coming.

my dad has always said that to me, im seriously not looking forward to telling him!!!!

don't worry you two my parents always insisted we should be married but the were really pleased that we are pregnant and don't care that we're not married.

Just knocked £20 off the sky bill not bad for 5 minutes work

Aw madcat that's so rubbish hon :hugs: I naively just thought everyone would be as happy as we are about the baby. Silly me :dohh:

Aw madcat that's so rubbish hon :hugs: I naively just thought everyone would be as happy as we are about the baby. Silly me :dohh:

My OHs dad is not going to be happy at all. He never knew about the mc. My dad wont be overly chuffed either x

sorry Gilz, it feels so barbed and personal doesnt it. Glad you felt a little better this morning. My tiredness is kicking in feel wrung out but grateful to have symptoms x

Aww hugs girls there is enough love here!

:wave: Ladies

How is everyone?

I am still full of :cold: which doesnt help the tiredness or lack of energy at all and I have a terrible cough :( I still have nausea and heartburn and other than that dreading going back to work tomorrow :loopy: I am in for three days however I have negotiated with DH for him to do to school run on tues my next day off so I can have a lay in :)

Lol i can't decide where I am but I believe i will be 7 weeks 1 days for my scan.
https://www.pregnology.com/faralong.php?month=5&day=12&year=2011
that sight is real fun.

Hope all you girls are ok. Eugh Madly work, has any one started thinking about Mat leave and when they will return to work?

Aw Gilz :hugs: I just don't get people, it'll be your baby not theirs so what does it matter how much work it'll be? People are weird. You and your OH be happy, that's all that matters.

Molly I expect to finish at the end of March and want the full year again if we can possibly manage financially. Had a long talk with tax credits yesterday which was confusing as we think about different scenarios. My pay rise is likely to price us out of tax credits by about £200. Ace! But I'm sure it'll make all the difference when we're trying to find £16,000 for childcare. :(

I'm a bit improved today. Can't believe how much two hard long days has destroyed me. Just hoping second tri might be an improvement but as it wasn't last time I'm not holding out!

i think the tiredness thing is starting to hit me!, ive been feeling really sleepy by the afternoon, ive had quite a few naps already!.

Im still wondering when my former appitite will return mind, a friend of mine said her returned with vengence around weeks 12/13!. However, my love for chocolate has returned!.

Lol that's good madcat, I've been off choc too. I'm feeling better than I have done all week now. Had about three small teas, cheesy mash at 5, scrambled eggs and noodles at 6, a variety of choc biscuits now. Also had a calippo and some yummy live yoghurt I've almost been craving but good as it was it was still pretty tasteless! Got to keep the food and rest up and by Sunday I might have enough energy to assemble our new computer desk and arrange everything there.

How's everyone else doing today? Hope your cold is better soon madly.

Molly - I've totally started thinking about my maternity leave. I hope to work as close up to my due date as I can as I'm probably only going to be able to take 6 months off.

My OH makes really good money and my wages are ok but we still have all our money separate. We do have a joint account but that's only for the house bills, so I'll need to go back to work to pay all my bills cos the maternity pay at my work is just the standard it's not subsidised in any way.

:wave: Ladies

Well I was thinking about mat leave earlier funny enough :wacko: and I was thinking of finishing end of march 2011 taking the full 39wks smp but this would mean I will have to return 29th Dec 2011 :loopy: which I most certainly do not want to do.....so I might edge into beginning of April 2011 and finish then....I might loose a week when I have my scan anyway and that would mean I would return in Jan 2012........however I would have my WHOLE annual leave entitlement to take between Jan 2012 and March 2012(end of annual leave year) so it depends if work would allow me to tag in on end of mat leave or not :shrug:

I am telling my boss I am preggo tom :( I am anxious to say the least but due to events at work whilst I have been off this last week I feel I need to. I am not happy at some of the things that have happened and are continuing to happen and I want to protect myself and LO b/c I fear the situation may just continue and/or escalate :( It doesnt make me feel happy and I know a risk assessment will need to be done so I am protecting myself and my LO by telling him tom! Things will have to change he will have no choice but to implement changes once he knows I am pregnant. Maybe I am taking advantage of being pregnant but I am honestly and truly worried :cry:

Evening ladies

madly i think you have given me your :cold:

was suppose to go riding with OH tomorrow in the forest but feel too rubbish, was really looking forward to it but wasnt sure what i would manage due to lack of :sleep: so he is going with next door neighbour which they will both enjoy. And i get to do nothing yah! Just rest and pamper myself..

my plans for mat leave...work at late at possible, will prob change my paediatric job which should be next to a GP post which should be easier on the baby bump (no nights or 12 hour nightmare on calls). Then going to have as long as possible, hopefully a year then if I manage to find a job share partner then go back at 50% time. I will be sooooo happy. Couldnt afford to do that will DS but figure as this will be my last baby am going to try and enjoy every second. My training will be six year long instead but who cares??? Will be ready for retiring by the time i formally qualify!!

Was reading back that most of you would like a little girl??? We are def team pink!!! ALL boys in our family x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->