Mother of all conception months Graduates

With your history hopefully the Dr will be really helpful.

I have to admit that when went to the Drs all he said was are you happy? and then we'll refer you straight to the hospital because of your kidney problems. I'm was in and out in about 3 minutes.

With your history hopefully the Dr will be really helpful.

I have to admit that when went to the Drs all he said was are you happy? and then we'll refer you straight to the hospital because of your kidney problems. I'm was in and out in about 3 minutes.

Oh really?? Did you take your test in or anything?

It's at 9:20am I'm soooo nevous!!

Nope they said that home pregnancy tests are so accurate these days that they don't retest you at the surgery.

xx

Morning all. Gorgeous pets! Will maybe put up some pics later when I'm on the computer. DH spent the night on byron's floor so I had the bed to myself. It kept Byron in bed though. I was up twice urgently needing a pee. Byron's in a right grump today. Between that and the shopping coming dunno how much work I'm going to get done! Feeling sick sick sick. Hope you don't get too bad gilz.

Nope they said that home pregnancy tests are so accurate these days that they don't retest you at the surgery.

xx

Aw that's brilliant :D Do you think I'll be too cheeky in trying to push for a blood test? I suppose AF not being here is a good sign (and of course my tests) but I can't stop worrying.

Morning all. Gorgeous pets! Will maybe put up some pics later when I'm on the computer. DH spent the night on byron's floor so I had the bed to myself. It kept Byron in bed though. I was up twice urgently needing a pee. Byron's in a right grump today. Between that and the shopping coming dunno how much work I'm going to get done! Feeling sick sick sick. Hope you don't get too bad gilz.

Aw bless, I can't wait for my OH to go back to work so I get the bed to myself :haha:

I'm ok now Peanut, just need to get a wee biscuit or something when the cafe at my work opens.

Hope you feel better soon, and at least you have tacos to look forward to today!

xx

Aw that's brilliant :D Do you think I'll be too cheeky in trying to push for a blood test? I suppose AF not being here is a good sign (and of course my tests) but I can't stop worrying.

I think if you explain that you've already had two losses then you'll probably be treated differently. You'd maybe be offered blood tests as rountine due to that. It seems to be different here for us in the UK to the USA, loads of the american girls talk about getting blood tests every five minutes it seems. As much as i hate getting blood taken i'd be interested to know what the results would be...

I know when i see the midwife i get bloods taken but i don't know if hcg levels are even one of the things that will be checked.

lol that you remembered that Gilz. I made DH promise we can have them today! Hope I can stomach them...

lol that you remembered that Gilz. I made DH promise we can have them today! Hope I can stomach them...

I have a weird memory like that, remember completely inconsequential info and forget all the important stuff :haha:

Morning!

sorry to hear your so sicky peanut bean, thats truely horrible.

I woke up with this weird thing again, gagging and thought something was going to come out, i didnt feel sick though, twice thats happened, DH thinks my body is trained not to be sick after all this time though but sometimes the gagging breaks though.

I was up at 3am too going to the loo!.

these are my two babies
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs095.snc3/16239_206215731808_637601808_3521055_5649294_n.jpg

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs429.snc3/24723_398122326808_637601808_4374695_6575714_n.jpg

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs068.snc4/34771_426446341808_637601808_5105609_7675764_n.jpg

both rescue cats, had one 1st, and decided our pet needed a pet!. one just follows the other around all day crying!, pulls his toys all around the house like a dog!

Cuties madcat!

I gag all the time with nothing coming out, I guess it's normal. Kind of!

Aww so cute Madcat. I'm not really a cat person, definitely more a dog person, but all you girls cats are lovely!

Not so good about the gagging or peeing though, i also had to get up about 2ish to pee, seriously hope it's not the begining of things to come as i hate getting out of bed in the midde of the night!

OH you gag too. i thought it was me being weird because perhaps i dont let my self be sick, oh well, kinda normal. anyway i got up and ate some biscuits, put the tv on, let the biscuits go down, and had a light snooze again.

Well, i love dogs too, but im terribly allergic to them, within 5 mins i have full blown flu symptoms, i get in a right state, and then it starts to affect my asthma too. Id love to give my mum in laws dogs a great big fuss but i just cant, i know i'll be paying for it later!.

your pets are all so adorable!

Wow sequeena, you got your hands full girl!! And baby too! Will keep ya busy but lots of fun i am sure :thumbup:

Gilz, we were looking at vizlas, but we wont every get a dog. Have pined for one since a little girl, used to go through books picking which one i would have. The first one i dreamed of was a beagle. Like MadCat both our allergies would make it impossible. I still struggle with the cat.

On the bloods thing, they really dont do HCGs. They refused to do mine even when they thought i was having an ectopic. One off measurements dont mean anything, you need to monitor to see whether its doubling or not. The midwives certainly dont do it. I dont know why its used so much in the USA, and so little here. I have only ever requested them once as an A&E doctor as there was doubt as to whether someone was pregnant and needed to know to plan further management. It was an unusual and complicated case so we did it then.

I looked up what mine should be on Google from my hospital bed :blush: and the 'normal' range for 5 weeks was between 18 - 7000. Thats a ridiculously HUGE range of normal! That why as a one off its pointless.

Oh Peanut sorry you are sick. Hope you find something that helps you get through it x

I suppose that does make sense Loopy, as a off of test it'd be stupid.

It is weird that they are really tracked in the US but we don't seem to bother with them here.

Do you have a date for your checkup scan yet hon?

Well it doesn't make any difference what our HCG is really does it? I mean once it's known we're pregnant and with the ranges being so vast a single test wouldn't mean anything and it wouldn't change the outcome to know it so I guess in the UK we don't bother with the unnecessary expense. Remember in the US people are paying for their care so I often think that they get offered things unnecessarily to justify the cost, iykwim.

I'm doing very badly at getting any work done today and Byron is in the clingiest whingiest mood ever. I just want to go to sleep.

I suppose that does make sense Loopy, as a off of test it'd be stupid.

It is weird that they are really tracked in the US but we don't seem to bother with them here.

Do you have a date for your checkup scan yet hon?

14th Oct, which is the exact date I had already booked for my private scan. At least this scare has saved me £80!

maybe they do these blood tests more in the USA as they do every possible things they can so the doctors can claim more off the insurance?. I do believe the bloods are useful to monitor difficult or threatened pregnancy. In healthy ones progressing well there isnt any point.

How are you feeling gilz, those symptoms coming on nicely? Sounded like they were starting to creep up you?

I'm feeling pretty nauseous on and off, it really seems to help if i can eat something even just a cracker or two when i feel it coming on so i don't know if it counts as morning sickness as such.

No more cramps so far, so that's good, although the top of my right thigh is quite sore today, almost as if i've doing loads of squats which i completely haven't.

No idea if that's pregnancy related of just weird muscle pain.

14th October is just 5 days after my scan so at least we'll both know what's going with our beans a little better soon :hugs:

It still counts Gilz, this is just the beginning. I'm afraid it will probably get worse before it gets better!

Probably the pain is from your ligaments and pelvis beginning to soften up to move about. There are so many twinges and discomforts in pregnancy.

The tinges etc are all pretty bizarre to be honest Peanut, i'm trying to be more positive after tuesday's little meltdown but i do find myself over analyising every little thing.

Like is that pain bad enough on the scale to be something to worry about or it is just stretching etc... does it ever get better and you get to actually relax and enjoy being pregnant?

Hope you have a better afternoon hon, i know you are meant to be working from home but if you're tired wouldn't it be better to have a nap and come back to work later on if you feel better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->