Mother of all conception months Graduates

Bids often seems to disappear for long stretches, work maybe?

I feel sick. No, surely not! I hear you cry! DH is doing mr some seasoned roasties which will be done shortly - he worked late tonight. I've fancied them for a few days do I hope I can eat them!

It was awful losing our dog. We found him I think 5 years ago now, he was an absolute wreck. I've never ever seen such a frightened, deformed, abused dog in my life. Turned out he had an owner who'd had him 2 weeks after buying him from a farmer who advertised in a paper! His gums were septic, he was starving thin, he was full of arthritis. It was all so awful. For moths he pooed and weed in the house. He chewed clothes. He was afraid of the wind, plastic begs, a newspaper hanging just slightly over the edge of the table! But we loved and nurtured him and spent a fortune at the vets for his teeth and arthritis. And he became the happiest most grateful dog I've ever known. So we didn't have him many years, we think he was about 12 or 13 when he died. Hexwas a black lab so that's a good age anyway but when considering the state of his health too.

He went I to decline when I was pregnant. He lost proper bowl control and tended to go at night in the bedroom, that was a delight. His legs became so bad they despite the anti-inflammatories and supplements we had to carry him up the stairs and eventually down too. By the time Byron was born we just had to leave the dogs shut on one floor as it wasn't possible to manage Ebin - we got stair gates really early! Ebin was a bit upset by Byron too. Then he took a terrible turn for the worse, was organs failure I guess. He had that peak that dying people and animals have. DH had 2 weeks off work and Ebin got lots of attention then he died soon after. Waited all day for my DH to get home from a late shift. We were going to take him to the vet next day to end it he was in such a bad way but that was all he'd been waiting for. He was gone in the morning. He was always DH's dog really. :cry: So now I've worked myself into floods of tears I only hope you're not all in the same predicament! Lol

My roasties just arrived. :D

Oh honey I am so very sorry :cry: God bless you for taking him in, Our Candy was in a state too when Sean adopted her and Cotton was riddled with fleas and underweight as a kitten when I rescued her from her 'breeder' :growlmad: :cry:

My German Shepherd is black and I came across a picture of a severely underweight black GSD the other day. I won't post the picture as it is severely shocking but I just lost it, I couldn't stop imagining it could have been my girl :cry:

Next Saturday (Octber 3rd) I am doing the annual Waggy Walk for Dogs Trust with 2 of my friends. We've raised just over £62 so far and we're hoping to get to £100 (still waiting for some donations to come in)

Bids often seems to disappear for long stretches, work maybe?

I feel sick. No, surely not! I hear you cry! DH is doing mr some seasoned roasties which will be done shortly - he worked late tonight. I've fancied them for a few days do I hope I can eat them!

It was awful losing our dog. We found him I think 5 years ago now, he was an absolute wreck. I've never ever seen such a frightened, deformed, abused dog in my life. Turned out he had an owner who'd had him 2 weeks after buying him from a farmer who advertised in a paper! His gums were septic, he was starving thin, he was full of arthritis. It was all so awful. For moths he pooed and weed in the house. He chewed clothes. He was afraid of the wind, plastic begs, a newspaper hanging just slightly over the edge of the table! But we loved and nurtured him and spent a fortune at the vets for his teeth and arthritis. And he became the happiest most grateful dog I've ever known. So we didn't have him many years, we think he was about 12 or 13 when he died. Hexwas a black lab so that's a good age anyway but when considering the state of his health too.

He went I to decline when I was pregnant. He lost proper bowl control and tended to go at night in the bedroom, that was a delight. His legs became so bad they despite the anti-inflammatories and supplements we had to carry him up the stairs and eventually down too. By the time Byron was born we just had to leave the dogs shut on one floor as it wasn't possible to manage Ebin - we got stair gates really early! Ebin was a bit upset by Byron too. Then he took a terrible turn for the worse, was organs failure I guess. He had that peak that dying people and animals have. DH had 2 weeks off work and Ebin got lots of attention then he died soon after. Waited all day for my DH to get home from a late shift. We were going to take him to the vet next day to end it he was in such a bad way but that was all he'd been waiting for. He was gone in the morning. He was always DH's dog really. :cry: So now I've worked myself into floods of tears I only hope you're not all in the same predicament! Lol

My roasties just arrived. :D

Oh Peanut I cant stop sobbing!

Oh it was so sad but so beautiful at the same time. He was so lucky to have your family, and visa versa. What a wonderful life you gave him after such a terrible start. some of these animals never recover and make nervy snappy pets but he turned out wonderfully with you and your families love and nuturing.

I still miss my Jasmine, a nasty dog got her and shook her to pieces. I looked out the window after I heard a noise outside to see her lifeless body lying on the grass. I have made her go out that night, she was deliberating at the door as there were a few specks of rain and i pushed her bum and said 'dont let the rain bother you !'. how i regret that push. we had only just got her back after she got lost for 2 months. turned out she was only down the road, a vet picked her up twice and only bothered scanning her chip the second time. She was fostered and kept running away, I think trying to get back home. Will never forget the day i got the call, burst through the door of the vets blubbing. They had to give me a cup of tea before they brought her through! We had missed her so much, made posters and everything. You wonder sometimes whether its worth it but the rewards are so immense :flower:

Just adding a pic, saves me trying to describe them all!

Left to right: Cassie, Lacey, Casper, Gwyn, Nemo and mummy Cotton
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs296.snc4/41155_1585557004011_1388356992_1529225_5162261_n.jpg

Only Nemo is long haired :D I've kept Cassie, Gwyn and Nemo :) My mum has Casper and a good friend has Lacey.

oh they are precious!!!

Just adding a pic, saves me trying to describe them all!

Left to right: Cassie, Lacey, Casper, Gwyn, Nemo and mummy Cotton
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs296.snc4/41155_1585557004011_1388356992_1529225_5162261_n.jpg

Only Nemo is long haired :D I've kept Cassie, Gwyn and Nemo :) My mum has Casper and a good friend has Lacey.

oh they are precious!!!

They are lovely and I miss having the other 2 with me. They were an unexpected and at first unwanted surprise but I wouldn't be without them :) I was there for the birth, stayed up with them, fed them extra milk so Cotton could have a breather etc. It's been a pleasure helping to raise them and I can't believe they're 14 weeks old :D

Woops, I'm off. OH says we have to get up early (wheeee!) so off I go! Night all xx

Oh loopy I'm sorry I made you cry but now I'm crying for your cat too! Poor mite. You mustn't blame yourself. How awful... :cry: Bad bad owner to allow a dog to behave that way. Pretty much always the owner in my opinion. Even a dog with a dodgy disposition will be ok living in the right and careful conditions. I grew up with cats and dogs but DH is really allergic to cats. We lost my cat when we'd only had her 6 months. She was poisoned. We'll never know how but it was so awful.

Ebin was the hardest work a dog could be. We couldn't do it now we have children and I think most would've had him put down from the start.

You've reminded me sequeena that we were going to get membership to dogs trust and now I can't remember if I got round to it or not. We tried to get a second dog from the trust while I was on mat leave but with a baby it's pretty much impossible for any reputable homes to give them out. I will only ever have rescue dogs though.

I'm sorry for pouring out my sad story and making everyone cry! I don't know where it came from! Bloody hormones! Maybe my subconscious knows it's the anniversary about now.

Thought I'd edit to something useful. Sequeena your cats are gorgeous!

here is my boy now...

Attachments

• tan phone 083.jpg
    tan phone 083.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 4
Ooohh have i missed a kittie thread this evening?, will have to put my pics up tomorrow.

Bids is off work this week and probably not glued to her PC, think shes busy helping her DH replace their kitchen too, and maybe just having a break from B&B too i suspect!

What a beautiful face your boy has loopy!

thanks he is lovely. Took him over to my moms one day, and this guy was talking to her saying that he had seen the ugliest skinnest strangest looking cat he had ever seen. Then he pointed and shouted 'thats the thing there' and there was my poor boy :haha: they arent everyones cuppa but he is the softest thing alive. Like i said, he hasnt been brought up with babies so will have to see how that one goes!

DS loves huskies, and was showing me some on youtube. Found one video of a husky howling every time the little baby cried. The baby stopped crying for a minute , and when starte again the dog started resumed. He basically sang the baby to sleep it was so cute :haha:

Good it sounds like Bids is going to be having a nice, albeit busy time.

Thanks for sharing Peanut, a good cry does you wonders sometimes. It is also nice to remember our lost ones. It bring many a happy memory as well as the sad ones.

Thanks for tonight ladies it has really taken my mind off the stressful last 24 hours. No more bleeding since or pain so hopefully got a reprive. Not too worried about the 3ww now have a reasonable scan to hang my hat on.

night night :kiss::kiss:

Night loopy. I'm glad you've enjoyed the chat and it's helped take your mind off things. I'm off to bed too. It's late late late!

Night loopy. I'm glad you've enjoyed the chat and it's helped take your mind off things. I'm off to bed too. It's late late late!

it sure is. taking day off tomorrow too for a bit of R&R. BnB stops me getting up and cleaning so has been a good diversion today!

MatCat, will look forward to your piccies x

Thought I'd edit to something useful. Sequeena your cats are gorgeous!

Aw thank you Peanut :) I really love them all but my pride and joy is my German Shepherd :blush: She's from working lines (parents work a farm) but because she is black nobody wanted her :( She's turned out to be the most loving, obedient and craziest dog I've ever owned!

here is my boy now...

Oh he's goooorgeous! Before I moved to the house I'm in now my neighbour had 2 siamese cats. Lovely!

AFM if I'd OV'd as normal AF would have been due today... she's not here thank god and I'm constipated which is GOOD. However it's only just gone 7am so she's got all day :( I'm ringing my doctor at 8am and hopefully I'll get an appointment for 9am xx

Oh wow i go to bed and you lot all start posting pictures of your pets.

Well here's some of mine too :haha:

Beau when he was 8 weeks lying on my leg

Beau chilling on his pillow and Rogue who was our little bitch, sadly we lost her 11days before her first birthday due to hip displacia which is so rare in beagles. Beau has now been sternly warned that he is never allowed to die :blush:

Back to the pregnancy related chat, felt really :sick: this morning, but no biscuits or crackers in the house!! Had to drive to work thinking happy thoughts to calm the nausea. Feel a bit better now i've had my hot chocolate though :thumbup:

Attachments

• Baby Beau.jpg
    Baby Beau.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Beau 2.jpg
    Beau 2.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Rogue 01 (Medium).jpg
    Rogue 01 (Medium).jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 0
Aw beau is lovely, sorry you're sick hun :(

Here are my other 3

Candy - 13
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs211.ash2/47421_1605477542012_1388356992_1583832_7654859_n.jpg

Sky - 22 months
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs352.snc3/29229_1491691817440_1388356992_1281726_7555140_n.jpg

Luna - 15 months
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs615.snc4/59507_1632988909779_1388356992_1643493_7713120_n.jpg

Awwww they are lovely Sequeena. We'd both really love an german shepherd or an alsatian but they are so hard to get without hip problems these days because of a lot of irresponsible breeders.

It would break my heart to have to go through the hip problems again with another dog. Once the baby is born and a little older we'd love to get a Hungarian Visla so think that maybe our next dog.

Awwww they are lovely Sequeena. We'd both really love an german shepherd or an alsatian but they are so hard to get without hip problems these days because of a lot of irresponsible breeders.

It would break my heart to have to go through the hip problems again with another dog. Once the baby is born and a little older we'd love to get a Hungarian Visla so think that maybe our next dog.

GSD/Alsation are the same breed hun just different names xx Sadly the GSD is one of the most popular breeds in the world and they've been shockingly ruined by a lot of breeders :(

I have vizlas in my street :D A lovely man is the breeder and he bred his bitch to the vizla that won best in show at Crufts this year! :happydance:

So are you excited about phoning the Drs this morning and getting things organised like the midwife etc?

So are you excited about phoning the Drs this morning and getting things organised like the midwife etc?

I hope so! I would really like a blood test just to be sure but will see what happens when I get there :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->