Mother of all conception months Graduates

Thanks loopy I'm hoping what Bids said is right and that it starts going faster from 9 weeks.

Only 10 days til my next scan, hopefully after this one I'll actually be able to get a bit excited again.

Lol, one of our friends said to me, "Ok, now make the 9 months hurry up." :rofl:

its much more believable after the scan, although, even afterwards you have moments when you wonder if what you really saw on the screen could possibly be 'in there'!. I was watching:baby:bouncing all over the screen today, i was lying thinking "well, you just wouldnt believe it"lol, its hard to believe when youre not feeling anything i think!.

Yeah, I've seen pictures of what 5 weeks is supposed to look like and I'll flip through the progression week by week and I'll just cry cause I can't believe that's growing inside me!

Ok, I'm sitting here looking through all the stages and bad me, I watched some women giving birth :blush: but it still doesn't feel real! I want to take another test just to be sure! When does it start to feel real?

Aww you lot are softies. I was going to take my pic to work but thought no one except you girls would appreciate a 6 week scan
Just returned fromA&E been banned from touching chillie as i am more sensitive now. found out the ghard way with swollen stinging lips

Ozzie it starts to feel real with sickness, then scan, then movements but nothing really feels real til there is a baby in your arms!

Well since tea I've been feeling the best I've felt in days! Still sick if course just not cripplingly so. I'd like to think I'm turning a corner but really I know it's because I ate some pasta for tea instead of total crap.

I was speaking to my gran and she never got morning sickness! Maybe I'll be lucky! :haha:

Maybe! As big sufferer (as I'm afraid you'll soon learn on this thread) I would hope everyone could escape it.

Been sick again. :( Just as I was feeling better. All because of a toast crumb when I cleaned my teeth. Feel awful now whereas I was feeling pretty good before. :(

awwww peanut can u gargle? maybe try that with water to clear your mouth biefore brushing?
Eugh feel like crap this morning thinking i should have stayed at the hospital then wouldn't have made it to work today

I'm not very good at gargling at the best if times, think I'd struggle with nausea. Totally unfair though as I felt just fine!

Morning everyone. What's everyone up to today? I'm working from home unless I feel well enough to pop to the office for a bit, share my news and do acres of photocopying. Got to try and set in place contingency plans for my events next week in case I'm too ill at some point.

Mornin ladies :kiss:

Firstly i must apologise for any mistakes in my post i am currently on my mobile phone cause our damn broadband is down as is our phone line and vision tv :growlmad: we r waiting on an engineer to fix but it may not be until the end of the week so i may not be around much until we are back up and running :(

Madcat so pleased your scan went well and love the pics :)

Loopy hon i av bought my mat clothes from next on line so far but in leeds the best place is crown point at george and new look who both do mat ranges of course as well as mothercare :)

Peanut hon my sickness is turnin a corner too or at least i think it is sometimes and then it hits back with a vengeance :( mine is worst mid aft through to bed time and i also tend to suffer with heartburn too :dohh: needless to say i am sleeping with a bucket by the bed :wacko:

Ozzi hon we will be finding out babys sex mainly cause dh wants to :) my agreement is only on the provisor that we have an agreed name for him or her so far we have decided on a boys name but not a girls which we are finding really difficult :) we have discussed a few irish names and we both like Aina pronounced o-n-ya or Anya but we are still out on debate :loopy:

Olivers party went well all the kids enjoyed themselves! I am currently laid in bed enjoyin my time off work before am back in on friday!

Morning All.

What a day yesterday was, we told everyone too. Our news has been a bit bitter sweet though as another member of the family was aparently pregnant same time as me but we didnt know about it. Turns out the other couple in the family were told their baby had Edwards Syndrome, very very rare thing but plentyworse than Downs, they were told if the baby was born it wouldnt be able to do anything, it could just lie there only so they were advised to abort, it went ahead yesterday.
Before we knew about it we were trying to phone them with our news. Now no-one knows when to say anything.

What with all that, visiting, and an hour 1/4 scan we were both knackered and slept like logs!

And so another day of gagging and retching began this morning, before i even got a toothbrush in my mouth, im waiting for the ultimate moment to attempt to clean my teeth!

Oh Madcat that's so sad for your family. It must have been hard for you yesterday.

I'm feeling terrified again today, just after starting to feel a bit better again over the weekend.

My pink cm and spotting is back again. I'm just so exhausted of it and it's still another week and 2 days til my next scan!!

yes, the timing of it all hasnt been great it has to be said!.

Oh hun, you know, i think this spotting of yours is going to be one of these things through your pregnancy, a bit like peanuts was(i think it was her anyway). You seem to just have this spotting on and off and although its horrible and it puts you on edge its probably nothing to worry about, you might find it stops altogether once you get into 2nd tri. x

Thanks Madcat i really hope it does stop. Or even if it doesn't i'd love them just to be able to say at my scan "oh look such and such is wrong so you are likely to bleed all the way through"

It's just fear of the unknown as usual i suppose :blush:

Yes madcat mine went on and off to 12 weeks. I agree with madcat, Gilz, once it's started I think it's more likely for there to be more but it not to be more of a cause for concern. Try not to panic. :hugs:

madcat what awful news! :( And rubbish for you not knowing where to put yourselves. It so often seems to happen that way in families. When DH and I got engaged my Dad had a heart attack so that put everything out the window. (His attack wasn't BECAUSE we got engaged!) I just realised that I announced our pregnancy on fb on baby loss awareness day too. :dohh:

Glad the part went well Madly. What about Aoine (pronounced ain-ya)? I work with someone with that name, it's lovely I think. Sorry your sickness is neverending too. I rang the doctor this morning hoping for something to help me with migraines and/or sickness. First he misread I was 31 weeks, kept on about early labour and I was like well that's not going to happen yet! So it's a good job we realised his mistake or I might've been taking bad meds! But there's nothing for either. He thinks acupuncturists won't work during pregnancy. Think I'll have a look into it but it's not going to be a quick fix by any means. I'm currently announcing all over work trying to set some plans for if I can't make anyhing.

we just cant believe the chances of us both getting pregnant the same time, our 12 weeks scan was the same day, same hospital, we know this because we saw them there but they didnt see us!. And now this. And as someone else said, they day our baby is born is going to be the day they think they would have had their baby too!.

Never rains when it pours!

:hugs:Aw Madcat thats horrible news:hugs:

Gilz my spotting started at 9 wks,and was on and off until last wk,so a good 4 wks.Haven't had it since last tues so kinda hoping thats it finished,but wouldn't be at all surprised if it does came back again.
Even though I know baba is safe and sound its still scary to see,roll on your nxt scan.xx

Ozzie we're definately finding out the sex,wish I could find out now!!!
We have 2 boys so a girl would be lovely,but sometimes i feel boy vibes,so have the idea in my head its another boy,and the idea appeals more and more!I think after all the spotting and getting that scare that just a healthy baby will be great.x

Madly we're doing Irish names too,well seen as my boys are shay and oran it would be silly not to stick with Irish names,plus our surname is brennan so Irish names go really well with that!Plus we're irish!!!!!
At the moment,now dh doesn't agree, but i'm thinking finn brennan,or Keavy brennan.
My hubby comes out with all sorts of ridiculous names,so we haven't even started discussing names properly.I think I'll just wait til we know the sex,then at least we'll only have to think of 1 to agree on..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->