Mother of all conception months Graduates

OMG ozzieshunni :hugs: am not sure they can sack you though hon? Peanut have you any advice?

I'm on a 12 week probationary period. They have the right at the end of it to say it's not working, but they can find something else. They cannot use my pregnancy as grounds for dismissal.

Glad you're ok Molly! I remember a post on chilli but didn't realise it took such a serious turn!

Ozzie she had better call a bloody solicitor be sued she absolutely cannot let you go on the basis of being pregnant whether you knew before or not!!! That makes mr just bloody furious! You get a record of this conversation. If 12 weeks comes and you've done a good job and she sacks you bloody well sue too!

What a day. First, I got lost on the way to work and was 10 minutes late. Then I got totally nauseous and started crying. The manager took me aside and I blurted out that I'm pregnant :cry: She and the owner called me into a meeting around 4:30ish and she asked if I knew before I started and I said I just found out this past weekend and I was able to call the maternity unit at our hospital to get appointments because they are open 24 hours a day. She said ok and told me she had to be honest, she may not be able to keep me on past my 12 weeks because she is looking for consistant staff (crying now at this point). She said she would phone her solicitor and ask because she currently is being sued by an old manager who was pregnant and got dismissed on unrelated grounds. So, I find out tomorrow what the situation will be. OH says he doesn't care as long as the baby is healthy, but our money situation is such that we can't afford for me not to be working. I'm totally knackered now. It's been an emotionally draining day :cry:
i dont think they can leagally do that hun, they could possible make up another excuse at the end of your trial period and get round it that way, not the pregnancy thing. I must admit i went for an interview at 6 weeks, but i was honest and told them i was pregnant, needless to say i didnt get the job lol.

(ps ive found a pill cutter :) just going to order it now!)

Ozzie you can't be fired because your pregnant. What do you do?
Work your butt off and prove your productive and they won't have a leg to stand on. I would also suggest you contact citezians advise or a union like unison.

You're under no obligation to inform an employer before 25 weeks. I'm just so cross! Evidentally she has made you feel like utter shit. What a weedling cow.

No they cant sack you hon for been pregnant even at the end of the probationary period and if they dont keep you on after probationary period they have to have proven grounds to terminate your employment ie timekeeping or unable to manage workload or whatever and it has to be proven! Considering she has told you she might not keep you after 12wks because she wants `consistant staff` I would say she already has intentions of discrimating you because your are pregnant which she cant and if her solicitor has owt about him/her they will tell her so!

Just before I fell preggo with Oliver I submitted a letter of grievance about the way a manager was treating me to the practice manager of the surgery where I worked! The practice manager was a real nasty witch anyway but I had a right to go to work without being subject to abuse. The day I told her I was preggo she told me that I had thrown a spanner in the works because they planned to sack me later that day for being a trouble causer :saywhat: all cause of my letter of grievance (might I add that I had a diary of events which were about a yr long!) Needless to say they sort legal advice and found they couldnt sack me cause I was preggo not that they had rights to anyway!

the woman has already said she's not going to keep you because your pg, no matter what she saysnow it will be unfair dismissal. obviously this woman is not so bright to do this a second time.

on the Chillie I could breathe i was fine except the lips but i couldn't eat so went 6 - 7 hours without food.
Alarmingly one of my clients already somehow knew I was pg and told me today they couldn't hear him. Totally freaked me out. I'm sure every thing is fine and i doubt i could get a scan on the grounds my psychotic client can hear its voice.

Blimey Molly! Best to close your ears to that. And I agree with you, she's already done herself in saying this! I'd place my bets that the other woman WAS sacked becsuse of pregnancy!

no fear peanout, i can feel all the stretching going on today, didn't fancy my dinner asure sign i'm pg i eat like a pig usually

Spot on Molly and Peanut thats what I was trying to say but I was obviously not as clear :dohh:

i seriously get a bee in my bonnet over unfair dismissal.
thankfully my boss is great i'm still doing my health and social care NVQ level 3 and who ever it was also doing that level its worth 2 A-C a levels. then I'm doing the degree.

:trouble: DH just told me hes going away for two nights FOR HIS CHRISTMAS DO! Driving down south on Sunday 14th Nov staying over on Sunday night and Monday night coming back on Tuesday 16th Nov.........except I am going to the hospital all morning on Tuesday 16th Nov for my GTT tests and he booked the day off work to come with me :growlmad: not impressed in the slighest mainly cause he forgot!

Men in trouble all over.
Peanut tell OH byron is having his birthday with you as you only have 13 more roughly left when he will def be home to celebtrate them

DH says hes not going now :growlmad: but its the sort of guilt trip `I wont go then!`

Oh I hate that madly. I have to admit my OH now doesn't do that but my previous partner was always doing that "oh fine I won't go thing" He knew that I would never be strong enough to say fine don't go and he'd get to go anyway.

Not that I'm comparing your DH to my ex. He was a manipulative ass and your DH is probably just having a bloke moment.

im not thrilled with my DH either. Every now and then the lads all go camping, but its at the top of a mountain, with cliffs and places where you could go flying arse over t*t. The plan is always to camp over night, get pissed light a fire and go on a midnight walk about.

My concern has always been that when theyre so bladdered theyre not looking at what theyre doing&where theyre going, esp on the midnight walk about, im always terrified something is going to happen to DH.

Theres one planned for november, he knows im not thrilled, ive told him he has to be more careful (told him im not ending up a single mum!)but do they listen??

Madcat I am so sorry about your family members, I cant imagine ever having to make that decision its hideous. Not looking forward to my screening but heyho it is the choice we have made. Its when something like that happens that you wonder how anyone could be so ridiculous over the gender (like your 'friend' Madly - what a weird one!).

Molly - sorry you ended up in A&E! From memory piriton is one of the safer antihistamines if one is really needed. I have an emergency supply in as my allergies always get worse (and asthma) in early pregnancy.

Gilz, bugger that the spotting has returned. Its funny since I found out what mine was its gone. But I agree when you know exactly what it is it is easier to get your head around. Hope it goes away FOREVER soon :flower:

I watched The Holiday the other night on DVD. Boy did I cry. Normally I can contain it a little but oh no the floodgates open. Nearly cry every day when people tell me their sad stories, want to take them all home and love them and look after them.

Oh I'm a super crier at the best of times Loopy but pregnancy is making it even worse. I cries at the man in the iron mask the other day.

Not at the bit where people actually die or anything but at poor Leonardo DiCaprio in the iron mask.

I don't even like leonardo dicaprio!!

i cried at the end of Lost (we bought the box set the other week) and i wasnt even sure exactly what was going on! hahaha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->