Motivation Group

Oh id say id don't have time/or don't feel like going to gym, deffo get few wii fitness games! What's helped me alot over the months, esp biggest loser, never sweat so much in my life!

hey :hi: sounds like uve got a good things going there!!...if your weigh ins a thurs u can update us then?!

would be good to get updates from you and all keep track etc.

and i agree with the wii...try getting the dance mat...omg so much fun and i sweat like a trooper :haha:

rachy- hiya & thanks :) yes i can update you then, but i can't get online near as much as id like so as a warning now if i pop on my phone just update i can't go & say well done to everyone on last week losses as takes donkies to go throug loads pages on my phone. Just so don't think am being rude.

iv looked at those dance mats, iv got just dance, just wish you were able to unlock further songs.

i would DEF recommend the dance mat, its a right laugh and u can get different discs with all kinds of songs on!! lol

and i know about being on your phone can take a while lol so dont worry hun :hugs:

hiya! I noticed other thread pretty dead also hardly anyone replies to you. Anyways, my starting weight was 240 in dec, when started proper dieting on other thread was 226. My ticker is at 208. My target is 168, then depending on how i feel & look may brin down to 151 (which is best bmi for me)
Since starting diet in jan 09 not been on any programme or plan all id done was cut down/small portions, eat better & move more was going brilliant. Then i started mini pill things with bums up been a right battle lately to lose 1lb! So thursday gone i started on slim fast after long think what next move was going to be. I can honestly say its fine, having 1 meal a day 2 shakes & 3 healty snacks. Trying my best get in 30 min exercise but with 2 kids am sure keeps me running around enough!
All best to everyone! I can only try to update often as poss but my weigh in now fall on a thursday. :)

:hi:
i started this thread cause the other ones arent updated anymore :)
if your weigh in is a different day thats fine i will still update you. we can always put another weigh in on a thursday if some people cant do a monday.
well done so far! your doing fab.
do u have a time frame that u want to achieve your ideal weight in?
im trying to lose 2stone before summer and am starting the atkins diet tomorrow. it could possibly kill when i cut out my sugar! im addicted :blush:

i wish i had a wii...wanted one ages ago- is it worth getting? i was kinda put off the idea :(

is everyone ok with the layout of our weights in the first page?

please let me know if you want anything changed or if its a muddle- cant decide what order to put it in :dohh::rofl:

rachy - i shall have a look & thanks!

scottishgal- thank you! I would love hit my first goal in time for my 21st bday which is in nov.

maybe a stupid question when you classing as summer starting? Think 2st is good number to start with. You wanting to lose anymore after that?
iv heard of that diet but don't know what you do or eat. Can give me an outline of it?

Can get 'bette value' wii package now which is 139 comes with wii motion & wii resort. We paid 179 for ours in 08. I think its great bit of kit, i enjoy playing guitar hero & dj hero on it too. Also wii plus & games crack me up.

Info On Atkins Diet

The following are allowable foods on the Induction Phase of the Atkins Diet. For foods with carbohydrate, limit total intake to 20 grams of net carbs.
Protein Foods
Most protein foods, such as meat, seafood and eggs, have little or no carbohydrate. However, there are some things to watch out for.
The bulk of the carbohydrate in the diet comes from vegetables. It is important to know the carbohydrate counts of the vegetables you are eating. 12-15 grams per day (not counting fiber) should come from vegetables.
Cheeses
Most cheeses have less than a gram of carbohydrate per ounce, but check labels carefully, as some have more. Atkins allows 3-4 ounces per day during induction. Cream cheese included, but specifically not cottage cheese, farmer's cheese, or other fresh cheeses.
Fats and Oils
People embarking on the Atkins eating plan are cautioned not to attempt to do a low-fat version of the diet. Adequate fat content is vital to the success of the diet. Atkins advises eating a balance of natural fats, and no trans fats at all. Here are some of the things Atkins says about fats and oils:
Eat plenty of cold water fish and other foods containing Omega-3 fatty acids (but if pregnant be aware of FDA guidelines about fish consumption).
Olive oil, especially those labeled virgin or extra-virgin, should be emphasized.
For stir-frying, canola, peanut, and grapeseed oil are recommended, especially if "cold-pressed" or "expeller-pressed".
Avoid corn, soy, safflower, and sunflower oil except in small amounts, and not heated (these have high amounts of Omega-6 polyunsaturated fat). Again, cold-pressed or expeller-pressed oils are recommended. [Note from Laura: sunflower and safflower oils are now available made from seeds bred to have high levels of monounsaturated fat, and low levels of polyunsaturated Omega-6 fats. These are usually labeled "high oleic".]
When choosing mayonnaise, choose regular full-fat mayonnaise, preferably using the guidelines above for types of oils used.
When choosing salad dressings, the same rules apply, and watch for added sugars.
Butter and other sources of saturated fat (e.g. coconut) are acceptable, but again should be eaten in balance with other fats.
Don't use margarine unless it is trans-fat free.
Beverages
Water is the vastly preferred beverage. Atkins advises 8 8 oz glasses per day. If you are hungry and it isn't a mealtime, try drinking water first - you might just be thirsty. Soda water or carbonated water with sugar-free flavorings are OK.
Do not drink any beverage with sugar in it, including juice and cider. Herbal teas, or decaffeinated coffee or tea are good choices, although some people can get away with drinking caffeine (you have to experiment to see if it triggers cravings or slows weight loss). Diet sodas sweetened with sucralose (Splenda®) are acceptable. Clear broths are usually very low in carbs (but, as always, read labels).

Special Additional Foods
Small daily amounts of the following foods can be added (count the carbs):
2-3 tablespoons of lemon or lime juice
2-3 tablespoons of heavy cream or one ounce of sour cream
10-20 olives
half a small avocado
controlled-carb convenience foods, such as low carb snack bars
Extra Fiber
Atkins recommends psyllium (the main ingredient in Metamucil® and other fiber supplements) and flax seed meal for more fiber.
Sugar Substitutes
Atkins prefers sucralose (Splenda®). Small amounts of saccharine (such as is in Sweet N Low®) are acceptable. Note that the powdered forms of these sweeteners have added carbs, usually 1 grams per packed. Where to Find Liquid (No Carb) Sources of Sucralose

What Not To Eat

Foods Forbidden on Atkins Induction
Basically, the rule is that anything not on the Acceptable Food List isn't allowed. These include but are not limited to the following:
Grains and anything made with them, including bread, cake, pastries, or anything else made of flour
Any food that includes added sugars (list of ingredients that mean "sugar"), which is most processed food
Fruits and fruit juices
Dairy products except for cheeses and cream in limited quantities as noted on the acceptable foods list
Starchy vegetables such as potatoes, beets, corn, etc. (starchy veggies are listed at the bottom of the low carb food list).
Legumes (beans and peas)
Watch out for deli salads, which often have added sugars
No alcoholic beverages
No nuts, although they are encouraged after Induction
What Foods Can Be Added After Induction?
Nuts, as noted above - 1-2 ounces per day are encouraged.
More vegetables
Fresh cheeses (cottage, ricotta, etc.)
Seeds (such as sunflower seeds)
Other foods as listed on the Atkins Carbohydrate Ladder
Other naturally low carb foods - examples: coconut milk, unsweetened soy or almond milk, shirataki noodles, some soy flours, and other specialty low carb foods.

Sorry if that doesnt make sense- copied from internet

Im not sure what im classing summer as to be honest. Im gonna see how much i can lose in a few weeks and go from there.
If i lose 2 stone that would take me to around 10stone- 140lbs.
May try and lose a wee bit more but to be honest im quite tall and a curvy person as it is and id end up too skinny but still heavy- does that make sense?

i LOVE my wii.....honestly babe if u can afford one...get one...lol!!...go quite cheap now aswell...and the games are classic!

and the front page looks great!...and not confusing or anything :thumbup:

i'll wait and see.
im buying a laptop for my 21st so it wont be just now but maybe at some point.
im off to bed girlies.
talk tomorrow- i will need my bum kicked into shape! my tummy hurts just thinkin bout it :cry:

:rofl:

night!! :sleep:

:hi: Everyone thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Vickie and am currently doing weight watchers. I started in January and have lost 37 pounds to date :thumbup: (I don't do weight in stones sorry! :blush:)

oh and my start weight was 250 :blush: am currently at 213 and plan to get down to 145/6 (a healthy bmi for my height)

:hi: vickie!!

your doing really well so far!!

i start atkins diet tomorrow and havent lost any weight yet. only put it on :(

i will update first page now.

dont worry it doesnt need to be in stone!! :thumbup:

thanks :) I'm really happy with the program so far. I don't find it limiting which is great :thumbup:

Good luck with the Atkins, I know a few people who have lost a lot of weight on that diet

:hi: vickie!!

wow looks like ur doing fab with WW!!!...yay!

n ill have kicking shoes on tommorrow...man ill need it too!! lol

oh really?

my mum started it about a month ago but im such a fussy eater so going to find it tough i think.

do you know if they've lost a lot of weight quickly?

what kind of diet do you have on weight watchers? is it just smaller portions of your normal diet?
do you do much exercise? you've lost so much weight already and its only been a few months! i think thats great :) i am looking to do the same if i can stick at it

im away to do some sit ups before bed rachydaz :rofl:

will report back with how many i manage without passing out!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->