Mouth ulcers help!

MissR

R+R+J+Dot
Reaction score
I have always suffered from mouth ulcers, they usually come about when I'm stressed so I get them quite often. Recently my wisdom teeth have started to cut through and have given me painful ulcers around where they are growing. They have all been painful but tolerable.

However this one I have right now is extremely painful. The pain has now spread from the side of my cheek through to my teeth and jaw. It hurts to eat or even talk. It is right at the back of my cheek, next to where my wisdom tooth is coming through, sort of between my teeth when I talk. I have tried using bonjela but it just seems to be making it bigger? It will have been there nearly two weeks soon.

Has anyone any secret remedies of how to make them heal faster or to just stop the pain it causes? I can't enjoy any food right now as it hurts too much. Any help/advice greatly appreciated!

Thanks ladies :)

Have you tried using Orajel or the sorts? It's a numbing agent where you can locally numb it. As far as healing quicker, the mouth is filled with so much bacteria, mouth sores tend to take a long time to heal because of it. I bet if you used mouthwash multiple times a day it would help it heal quicker. When I got my tongue pierced years ago, I used mouthwash every hour or so and it was basically fully healed after two days. Of course a tongue ring is not the same as a mouth ulcer, I do think that keeping my mouth extra clean and using mouthwash so often helped it heal quicker than most.

Good luck!

I use to suffer with mouth ulcers but now can avoid them as it's mainly triggered by certain foods with me.

Anyway, one thing you could try is gargling with salt water. I know it's a bit gross but I would do it throughout the day, say every hour or so, but also after eating and that definitely helps.

Hope it gets better soon. Mouth ulcers are miserable.

I second the salt water - if you're getting any sort of food in there it'll irritate them so swooshing with salt water will help keep them clean (and also sting like a bitch, i'm afraid)
I'm concerned you say there is pain in your jaw - are your glands up? I think it may be worth getting it checked by a doc or dentist in case of infection. Hope you're feeling better soon!

I have had mouth ulcers all my life, Stress and sleep deprivation starts them off mostly and using some harsh toothpastes. Try using Corsodyl, usually nukes them!

Thank you for your replies ladies... The ulcer is still going strong and I've tried all the remedies I usually do. However the pain of the actual ulcer has backed off so I'm happy on that part. Instead my wisdom tooth (which is right next to the ulcer and is already halfway out) is causing me pain. My whole gum around it and the half gum that's covering it still is on a lot of pain. It definitely is trying to work it's way out. I'm hoping it will just grow out normally but I'm doubtful. I just want this half of my face to feel normal again :( xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->