moving from a sleeping bag to a duvet.

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
how do you go about it?

if joshua has a cover in his cot he always pulls it over his face.

at the moment hes in a sleeping bag and he moves so much in the night.

how would i keep the cover from not going over his face.
wouldnt he get cold if he wrigglles and has no covers over him.

help wanted please.

We've never used a sleep bag for our LO. She's just over 6 months now. We've always used blankets and sheets.

We tuck the blankets in tight under the mattress and it is only around the middle of her chest.

That being said, she's not a restless sleeper yet and the one time she's moved, I didn't tuck it as tight as daddy and she wiggled out of the blankets all together to the top of the crib...

I would suggest making sure tucked tightly and maybe just check the first few nights and retuck if it loosens...

However, someone else may be better to advise since we've always used blankets and so she's used to them and maybe has better ideas...

Good luck!

thank you.

another thing.

when joshua is in his sleeping bag he only has a long sleeved vest on but im guessing he would wear a sleep suit when we use a duvet.

i know we are not ment to use a duvet til LO' are a year old.
is that so they won get too hot as they can control their tempreture?

Hmmm - don't know that answer to that.

Could it also be a chance of suffocation if they got it over the head but couldn't get it off? I know before our LO was born and I wanted to get a duvet and cute covers, hubby told me we couldn't until she was like 3 or so and understood how to get out from under. I like in Holland though so I don't know if our duvets, etc. are different/heavier.

We 'make the bed' at different places as the baby gets older. So, like now, the blanket (which is smaller than a regular one) is actually doubled over and tucked under at the bottom so the bed is made at just under half way. If you can picture that...

Maybe check with your midwife or doctor to make sure or maybe someone on here will know the reason as I'm not really sure.

Better safe than sorry! :)

yes i will ask her next time i see her.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back