Moving on in the journey from ttc

TTC can really become an obsession. It's a big part of the reason I want to give it up! ha ha I am kind of expecting my post partum hormones to make me broody too. I think it comes with the territory. However, in first tri I had made DH promise to remind me of my vow to never get pregnant again. Oh, I was so sick. I didn't puke a lot but it was constant nausea. Even light made me sick. And the anxiety has been tough to deal with. It's better now but the first 24 weeks especially were filled with freak outs.

I was quite lucky to get pregnant quickly but I was already getting obsessed with peeing on OPK's and pregnancy tests. Think my husband wanted to hide them all. Especially after my loss I was just obsessed as the only thing that would help the hurt was being pregnant again.

I keep getting every illness under the sun and I'm already getting uncomfortable so I'm really promising myself 'Don't do this again!!!!!'

Tricia - Going back to work is hard. I went back when my son was about 10 months properly. We are quite blessed in the UK with good maternity leave and pay. *hugs*

Unexpected- the leave here in the US is not always great! I can have 12 weeks but only get paid for 8 weeks (I get 8 weeks paid only because I had a c section or it would have been 6) I took the full 12 weeks. I am actually lucky though because a lot of people I know don't get any paid!

I don't look forward to being pregnant again, it was a constant worry something was going to happen, and delivery was terrible. I still want Talon to have a sibling though so we will give it one more go. Probably will start trying in August. At least the delivery won't be so terrible next time because dr said it will have to be a c section.

Mariahs Mom can't wait for an update!

SOOO ladies...I just came back from my appt and it went great. The baby was so active. And ITS A GIRL!!!!! :happydance: the stitch seems to be working so we're excited abt that...I'm just so excited...other than that it's pretty much uneventful over here. I'll take uneventful any day

I am SO happy for you!!! A baby girl that's amazing.

So glad to hear everything is ok!

*hugs* Thats made my day :)

So happy to hear things are looking good!

A girl! How exciting! Congrats!

Awh a wee girl :) so so happy all is looking good :) Tricia August is only round the corner . Looks like me and you will hopefully be poas at the same time :)

I'm so happy for you, Mariah! Congrats on a little girl.

afm - in so much pain. I think baby is finally staying head down which is good but she is pinching all sorts of nerves. This sounds silly, but today it felt like she was about to fall out of my bum! I couldn't even stand up straight and we had to make an unplanned visit to the city to see DS' doctor. I felt like a geriatric John Wayne with my bow-legged waddling. LOL And she also pushes down on my varicose veins so I get fire crotch a lot...like right now!!

Only 3 1/2 more weeks until term and then I'm looking up natural ways to kickstart labour. No way could I handle going 2 weeks overdue with how I'm feeling.

Hiya,

I posted in the other thread about a Facebook page. I'm creating it for members of these 2 threads. Once everyone who wants to join has joined I will change it from closed to secret.

Inbox me for the link and your name so I know who to add :)

I'm so happy for you, Mariah! Congrats on a little girl.

afm - in so much pain. I think baby is finally staying head down which is good but she is pinching all sorts of nerves. This sounds silly, but today it felt like she was about to fall out of my bum! I couldn't even stand up straight and we had to make an unplanned visit to the city to see DS' doctor. I felt like a geriatric John Wayne with my bow-legged waddling. LOL And she also pushes down on my varicose veins so I get fire crotch a lot...like right now!!

Only 3 1/2 more weeks until term and then I'm looking up natural ways to kickstart labour. No way could I handle going 2 weeks overdue with how I'm feeling.

Thanks Starry :hugs:

Wow I cannot believe u are 34wks!!!!! I'm so excited for u...sounds like you are in so much pain. I've heard that the 3rd trimester is the most painful & uncomfortable. And "fire crotch" :haha: HILARIOUS. Sounds like the little is ready to come out.

Seem to be quite a few on team pink this time around :) last time I was pregnant EVERYONE had boys. Out of all my husbands married friends all 4 babies were boys. We had them all round last Sunday it was mayhem lol.

It's the same for me. When DS was born all my peers were FTMs and nearly all of them were having boys. And now we're all having/had girls second time around. Though those who are pregnant now I'm not sure what they're all having. My one friend is pregnant with twin boys but I think the other two are staying team yellow so won't find out until the summer. And then a lot of the threads I'm on here at BnB are very pink too.

Been losing little bits of plug today. Nothing major and it's common but I am hoping that means body is practicing for the end. Trying not to get excited though as it's still very early and I started losing bits of plug with DS early in the second trimester and he went full term. I also got loads of BH with him very early on and this time I'm getting hardly any. Of course, his pregnancy wasn't normal in any way.

It's the same for me. When DS was born all my peers were FTMs and nearly all of them were having boys. And now we're all having/had girls second time around. Though those who are pregnant now I'm not sure what they're all having. My one friend is pregnant with twin boys but I think the other two are staying team yellow so won't find out until the summer. And then a lot of the threads I'm on here at BnB are very pink too.

Been losing little bits of plug today. Nothing major and it's common but I am hoping that means body is practicing for the end. Trying not to get excited though as it's still very early and I started losing bits of plug with DS early in the second trimester and he went full term. I also got loads of BH with him very early on and this time I'm getting hardly any. Of course, his pregnancy wasn't normal in any way.

Sounds like your body is gearing up!!:happydance:

eyemom: Sorry to hear about the accident. I am glad everyone is ok though!!! There have been some fatal crashes around here lately and it makes me nervous to drive in my tiny little car, but duty calls ya know?

Mariah's Mom: Glad everything is looking good for you. Congrats and welcome to Team Pink!!!

Tricia: Happy belated 7 weeks to your little one! It really is insane how much they grow and develop in such a short time. Sky is starting to try to climb over the crib rails!! I am going to have to be more proactive. I am so behind on baby proofing the house!!

AFM: Sky is 8 months old today. I love her more and more each day! I am on the fence about trying for another little one. I don't want major surgery, but I would so love to give Sky a sibling and just have another. We can afford another one, but I am thinking it will be around August by the time we officially start trying again, if we try again. My husband is no help on the matter. He says he would not mind another one, but then says that he would be happy with just one too. He then brings up stuff about finances and my health (I really feel I need to lose weight so I won't be burdened by pregnancy weight gain). I understand finances and my health are things to consider, but he gives mixed signals on whether he wants another one. So frustrating!! We are just NTNP because I don't want to go back on hormonal birth control and I don't want the Paraguard IUD, so natural family planning methods it is. Other than that, things are great. Gearing up for Easter Sunday tomorrow !! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->