Mum and Baby groups

Layla

Reaction score
Does anyone go?

Did you feel stupid the first time? do you like it, did you fit in?

you get teh idea lol Im thinking of going to one but im a bit scared.

xx

I've never been to one with either of my LO's.

There aren't any at all near us, but i don't think i'd have been brave enough to go even if there was one locally. I'm just too much of a wimp.

I don't go hun, but its great u r contemplating it :wink:

u will fit in dont worry hunny its good for u u get adult talk and baby inter acts

i go and i love it.

its such a nice group. hard working getting to sit down with the mums though as i am chasing Dior and holding Harley but its great.

i imagine you to be very confident layla?

now i have an entire group of friends from what i used to have and all so different to me people i would never think of talking to beofre but they are lovely. all abit older but i do have a old head on me sometimes.

defo go they are fab

do you no all the local ones in your area? if not i have a grat site just type your post code in and it lists them all

i try to give off the impression that im a confident person, but im totaly not lol. its easy to talk on the net coz you cant see the person, face to face im crap lol

I want to go to make new friends, that makes me sound sad doesnt it lol. I have fallen out and driffed apart from my old circle of friends so now i would like to meet people who i have more in comman with and who are on my wave length.

My health visitor is coming on thursday morning to talk about Cobys sleeping, or lack of! so i will ask her then where they are and times etc.

xx

I was so nervous about going to one of these at first. I used to be so bold and confident but find myself shyer by the day.

I confided in another girl how I was feeling and she felt exactly the same, as I think many mums do. I love it now, it really is the highlight of my week! :)

Give it a go xxxx

i go to a couple. my HV made me go to one that she runs with the community nursery nurses when i was first diagnosed with PND. she said it would do me good to get out and would cpome and drag me there if i didnt go on my own accord lol.

anyway, first few times i went i felt a bit out of place, but now i love it! i dont go to one of them as much as the mums are all married to blokes with good jobs. theres nothing bad about that, except i feel a bit left out when all their babies come wearing really nice clothes

I go to one, but if noone is going that I know then I feel really awkward about turning up alone and don't go :oops: . I did take Ella to a music group, but I don't really talk to any of the other mums as I'm quite shy (it's finished for Xmas now anyway). Ella loves going to the toddler groups and I wish that I took her to more.

I am really lucky as one of my best friends runs a group and i went to that. I think it is really difficult to go along on your own. Some groups can be really cliquey. I have found this picking up ds from school. As a working mum I didn't get to take hime to school or nursery but now I'm on maternity leave I tacke hima dn pick him up everyday, the other mums have only just started talkinf to me after 5 weeks!

I go to one on a thursday morning and i love it, was really shy when i first went as i don't have any friends with little babies (is like starting again lol)

They were all lovely though and i look forward to going each week and a few of us text each other the rest of the week, i can see me making some great new friends, i have only been going about 8 weeks or so

It is great to get out of the house and talk to other people at the same stages as yourself

We even all went out for a xmas meal

I highly recomend it Layla

I enjoy going to the baby group! Its thanks to Vicky though becuase if I hadn't met her first I would have been too shy to go on my own! I still hate walking in by myself and like Vicky to already be there so there's someone I know :oops:

Met some lovely people, alot of them dont go anymore though and its alot of mums with little babies and they are a bit clicky then its me and vicky with Kacy and Ella running around lol. Going to go to a group for older babies now with play ect which is good and the kids really enjoy it.

Id say go for it, you will be surprised, may be a bit scary first time and might not talk to amny people but dont let that out you off, keep going and you will meet some great people!

clicks are "groups" so you might get a group of 3 girls who talk to eachother and wont talk to anyone else.........have I explained that right ?

wow i cant believe how shy everyone is! i love baby groups, i've been going to different ones since eva was a couple of months old and they are great. I don't go with the intention of meeting other mams i go cos i think it's good for eva but i have met lots of mams through it. it never occured to me that some of the other parents might feel really shy to be there! I just talk to everyone haha i'm good at asking questions - i think that's the best way to start chatting to people and keep a conversation going.

ask how old their babies is and what their name is etc then i bet you'll be nattering on like there is no tomorrow :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->