Mummy's expecting multiples...

live_in_hope

VR miracle Mummy now TTC 3rd (not VR)
Reaction score
hey :wave:

Firstly, yay! :dance: we're in first tri!! :dance: congratulations to you all! Xxx

This is my 3rd pregnancy after vasectomy reversal. 1st pregnancy we had our beautiful Daughter in Sept 11. I had a mmc last time then hubby scarred over so he needed another VR which was performed in Sept this year, now we are thrilled that we have been successful again :dance:
I posted in my journal a pic of all my frers at 11dpo and this one is a million times darker...infact, my 11dpo frer from this time, was darker than my 15dpo from ny last preg! :shock: and somebody is guessing it could be twins.

For those that are expecting twins, were your tests particulary dark, did anything stand out moreso than when you were expecting a single baby? We dont have twins on either side of our family so just a simple wondering really.

Thank you all in advance and good luck with the rest of your pregnancies xxx

HCG can vary so widely from woman to woman and pregnancy to pregnancy that the only sure what to tell is by a scan. I have been miserably sick with this pregnancy (before I even hit 4 weeks)... got my + at 10 dpo. I was not sick at all with DS. I'm also over 30 and was on clomid so the odds I could have multiples is high-ish. Anything is possible!

Hi and congrats! I think sometimes dark tests can mean multiples. I am a twin and this time I got my BFP at 8 dpo. By 11 dpo my lines were much darker and I have one little babe in there. My twin sister had hcg levels in the Twin ranges and they were tripling every 24 hours. They did an US suspecting twins and it was also just one babe! Unfortunately I think it's one of those things that have to wait for that first ultrasound. Congrats again and I hope this is your sticky little bean (or two!)!

hehe thats what I said, of course it varies and not only that, the tests will vary too, different batches etc. My 1st bfp was 5years ago when I was 26 so Im a lot older now (i certainly feel it):haha: and Im sure the frers have changed somewhat over the years. Interesting though. My last preg that i sadly lost. I had bloods done and they asked me if i was sure of my dates and when i said yes, they told me it was really high and could be multiple or molar. It was neither:shrug: and funnily enough, that was the preg that had a really faint tests and took ages to get darker (i say ages, felt like it, but where you'd normally see progression of some sort each day, it was more 2-3days) xx

Will you be able to get an early scan? I have one Wednesday... As much as twins would be a blessing... Financially I am hoping for one healthy little baby!

My test line was WAY darker than the control line, and I was full out vomiting from 4.5 weeks. I for sure thought twins, but just the one little boy in there!
Unfortunately for me, high hcg meant lots of intense symptoms, including HG :(

I wondered this question myself in a couple pregnancies when I had dark test lines and symptoms that I never had before, but it was always only one baby. In a way, I was kind of glad because my hcg levels run twin high in a normal pregnancy and I suffer from HG so if I ever had twins, I would hate to see how miserable I would be. Even when I miscarried my levels would be in the high thousands whereas typically if you're going to miscarry it doesn't go over 10,000. Usually when I would become pregnant there would be a few moms with multiples due around the same time as me, but come to think of it, I haven't seen many multiple pregnancies on here recently so it is bound to pop up that somebody's got to have two in there somewhere...

Will you be able to get an early scan? I have one Wednesday... As much as twins would be a blessing... Financially I am hoping for one healthy little baby!

yes, ive got a scan booked for 23rd jan, il be 7w+2 :thumbup: same here really, financially, two would be quite a life changer....but to even just be pregnant is an absolute miracle at this moment in time so it most certainly is a blessing xxxx
Good luck wednesday! :dance: let me know how you get on! :thumbup: xx

My test line was WAY darker than the control line, and I was full out vomiting from 4.5 weeks. I for sure thought twins, but just the one little boy in there!
Unfortunately for me, high hcg meant lots of intense symptoms, including HG :(

ah no, sorry to hear that, I was one of the lucky ones in my pregnancy with my daughter and only actually felt sick, was never actually sick....but im 5 years older now and with every preg being different...who knows :shrug:

I wondered this question myself in a couple pregnancies when I had dark test lines and symptoms that I never had before, but it was always only one baby. In a way, I was kind of glad because my hcg levels run twin high in a normal pregnancy and I suffer from HG so if I ever had twins, I would hate to see how miserable I would be. Even when I miscarried my levels would be in the high thousands whereas typically if you're going to miscarry it doesn't go over 10,000. Usually when I would become pregnant there would be a few moms with multiples due around the same time as me, but come to think of it, I haven't seen many multiple pregnancies on here recently so it is bound to pop up that somebody's got to have two in there somewhere...

ooh I wonder where they'll pop up! I would be extremely shocked if it was me, and for the past two days, ive hardly felt anything.....i would be worried but reading through my old preg journals, i had very little symptoms until end of week 5....which is end of next week....so im remaining neutral at the mo....worrying wont do any good. Im planning on doing another digi on friday, a week after the last one, to see if it goes from 2-3wks, to 3+ weeks on the display :thumbup: xx
Congrats on your preg! Will you have an early scan? Xx

I've had my twins but it was no different than my singletons in fact I tested 5 days before AF and it took a while to go positive. My singletons implantation etc were more painful than my twins I also had implantation bleed with singles and none with multiples xx

And I'm sitting over here crossing my fingers to no twins!! I grew up the youngest of the family with older fraternal twin sisters. Let me tell you, it was an adventure!! What my poor mama went through with those two little terrors ;) My grandpa's sisters both had fraternal twins too, so I know it's in my genes. I keep telling hubs it has me worried!

I got a strong positive on an early pregnancy test too, lines got dark fast and experienced severe morning sickness by 5 weeks. TERRIFIES me to think that those are signs of multiples, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed I'm just a weak stomach. My first OBGYN appt is tomorrow and I'm hoping she sends me for some scans to find out because I don't wanna worry for weeks on end.

Anyone know if you can feel your uterus sooner with multiples?? Can the doc actually do a physical exam and get a sense if you may have more than one??

Well.... Had my scan today. And there are three babies... THREE!!!! Utter shock. All measuring on time with strong hearts.

Oh my nmariern:shock:!! Did you get a pic? Would love to see! I'm sure this will take a little while to sink in. Congrats!

You can't see the babies in this one but its the only shot with the 3 little bubbles

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 68
Here's baby 1

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 33
Baby 2 and 3

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 33
Oh my goodness congratulations! That is wonderful! I'm actually quite envious.

I'm still in shock. I go back on the 20th to see if they are all still cozy down there. If they are ... My gyn won't see me and I need to find a provider who does high risk... My husband can't stop smiling and I keep thinking about how this will require me to drive a mini van ;)

O.M.G!!!!! Wowzers!! :shock: bet you're still in shock
, congratulations! Wow and to think we were just really talking about twins, but triplets! :shock: wow! I bet hubby looks like a cheshire cat! :haha: how are you feeling about it all? Wow, just wow! Xx

Huge congrats to you hun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->