Muslim women

Asalamu alaikum sisters, nice seeing fellow muslimahs on here I've only just seen this thread! I'm 21 and have a lil baby boy who just turned 5 months, looking forward to chatting with you all! And congratulations shansam! xx

wa'alaikumasalam welcome to the new sisters :)

Thanks lovelies for the warm welcome, girls Ramadan is coming up pretty soon and as I was pregnant last Ramadan I couldn't fast now I am breastfeeding so I haven't made up my fast from the previous Ramadan, I've heard you should try make up any missed days before the next Ramadan comes in :/ anyone know what I could do or experienced anything similar? xx

Assalamu'Alaykum :)
I didn't notice this thread before! I'm also Muslim, got married last october and fell pregnant straight away with a little boy, just waiting for his arrival now :)
Insha'Allah everyone has a safe and happy pregnancy, ameen xx

Ualekum Salam & welcome. Congrats on your wedding & pregnancy!

Assalamu'Alaykum :)
I didn't notice this thread before! I'm also Muslim, got married last october and fell pregnant straight away with a little boy, just waiting for his arrival now :)
Insha'Allah everyone has a safe and happy pregnancy, ameen xx

Walaikom asalaam wa rahmatullah,

Welcome and congratulations on your marriage and pregnancy.

Asalamu alikumm lovemybaby
Congratulations on your marriage and pregnancy x

Thanks lovelies for the warm welcome, girls Ramadan is coming up pretty soon and as I was pregnant last Ramadan I couldn't fast now I am breastfeeding so I haven't made up my fast from the previous Ramadan, I've heard you should try make up any missed days before the next Ramadan comes in :/ anyone know what I could do or experienced anything similar? xx

If you can't make up for the days you missed before Ramadan you need to pay Fidya (ransom) for each day you missed which is feeding a poor person for every day you missed but you still have to make up for those days after Ramadan even if you paid the Fidya xx

I've missed many days last Ramadan too due to the second mc. As I write this I'm fasting. I did yesterday too but still have another 17 days to do. I should have done them before but as I was pregnant again in February I left it. I even gave money to a needed family just in case. Now I've been doing my calculations & I should have enough time to finish before the 20th ofJuly inshaallah. I work 3 days a week & I don't like ti fast while I'm there because I spend all day talking to people so it isn't pleasant.
Allah knows our intentions & inshaallah we can all be stronger in eeman to complete our duties with our creator.

If you can't make up for the days you missed before Ramadan you need to pay Fidya (ransom) for each day you missed which is feeding a poor person for every day you missed but you still have to make up for those days after Ramadan even if you paid the Fidya xx

there is a difference in opinions to when the fast should be made up in the four madhabs, but all agree that they must be made up.
Neither of the opinions are wrong.
Narrated By Abdullah ibn Abbas: Explaining the verse; "For those who can do it (with hard-ship) is a ransom, the feeding of one, that is indigent," he said: This was a concession granted to the aged man and woman who were able to keep fast; they were allowed to leave the fast and instead feed an indigent person for each fast; (and a concession) to pregnant and suckling woman when they apprehended harm. ( Abu dawd said: This is only when they apprehended harm to their children). [Sunan Abi Dawd:2318]

Imam At-tirmithi said: The practice of the people of knowledge is based on this Hadeeth

The ruling differ depends on the case.

If she feared on her child only then she needs to make up the missed days and feed an indigent person for each fast based on the above Hadeeth.

If she feared on herself only, then she is required to make up for the missed days only without feeding. Because, in such case, she is deemed like the sick and the traveler who were given the concession due the expected hardship and harm that they will suffer themselves.

If she feared on herself and herself at the same time then she is only required to make up the missed days because fearing on herself is stronger and it is the original fear.wallahu A'lam

Salam sisters

Ramadan kareem :)

Walaykum Salam wa'rahmatullahi wa'barakatu

I completely forgot to say Ramadan Mubarak to all you sisters!
Hope the fasting is going well for you all

Btw Omarsmum, it must be lovely being in a Muslim country during Ramadan :flow:

Thats such a lovely idea sister, Mashallah! I like how you are making Eid and Ramadaan exciting for your children ;)

Asalaamu Alaykum

Ramadan Mubarak! There is another opinion regarding fasting and BF/Pregnancy. A minority of scholars consider it to be the case that if a woman misses fasts due to pregnancy and BF she only has to pay fidyah and does not have to make up the fast. This is because pregnancy and breastfeeding can be for some women like a long term illness such as women who have many children and are pregnant and BF for decades thus rendering it virtually impossible for them to make the fasts up in their lifetime. Even if a woman has only one child though the scholars that hold this opinion, believe that even a woman with one child can just pay fidyah as the dispensation is in general. I personally follow this view as it makes a lot of sense to me, I think it is interesting that the whole 'if you fear for yourself' or 'if you fear for your child' criteria are actually made by the fuqaha and not derived from the original texts from Qur'an or ahadith.

SILSILAH FATAAWA JEDDAH’ CASSETTE SERIES (no.25)
OF SHAIKH AL-ALBAANEE -rahimahullaah:
Questioner : “I read in a book that if the pregnant women or the breastfeeding
women fear for themselves, or for their child, that they should
abstain from fasting, and should feed a needy person in place of each day,
and that it is not obligatory upon them to make up the days. So how
correct is this saying? We hope that you can clarify.”
Shaikh al-Albaanee: “Making up the days is not obligatory upon them, but
rather kaffaarah (compensation) of feeding a needy person for each day is
obligatory. This is the correct answer.
As for the aforementioned condition, i.e. that if the pregnant woman or a
breast-feeding woman fear for themselves or for their child, then this
condition is just an ijtihaad (personal deduction) from some of the
scholars, and it should not be put as a duty upon the pregnant woman or
the breast-feeding woman, because the Prophet ( صلى الله عليه و سلم ) said:
<< Allaah -the Exalted and Most High- has remitted fasting from the
pregnant woman and the breast-feeding woman.>>1
Then Ibn `Abbaas said in explanation of His Saying -He the Most High:

[[Sooratul-Baqarah (2):184]]
[[Meaning: So whoever amongst you is ill, or upon a journey, then let him
fast the same number of other days; and as for those of you who can fast
with difficulty, then they have the option of feeding a needy person in
place of each day.]]
Ibn `Abbaas -radiyallaahu `anhu- said: &#8220;Upon the pregnant woman and
the breast-feeding woman is to feed (the needy).&#8221;
Meaning the aforementioned condition is not to be found, i.e. that the
pregnant woman and the breast-feeding woman have to fear for
themselves or for their child.&#8221;
1 Hasan Saheeh: Saheeh Sunan Abee Daawood (no.2408).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->