Muslim women

I heard that too fairly recently SR, thanks for posting. I suppose it has roots in the principle, "la yukallifullahu nafsan illa wus'aha"!

Ramadan Mubarak sisters:flower: hows everyone doing?

Toddler + fasting = jihad :rofl:

We're fasting 15 hours here, it's ok. The day is a bit long but we're not waking up before noon (I'm putting omar in bed late at night). I avoid going out during the day as it's too hot (& night :rofl: we're stuck at home)

Once he goes to bed, I have time to pray & read Quran. I'm not going to the mosque as I can't leave Omar.

Asalaamu Alaykum

Ramadan Mubarak! There is another opinion regarding fasting and BF/Pregnancy. A minority of scholars consider it to be the case that if a woman misses fasts due to pregnancy and BF she only has to pay fidyah and does not have to make up the fast. This is because pregnancy and breastfeeding can be for some women like a long term illness such as women who have many children and are pregnant and BF for decades thus rendering it virtually impossible for them to make the fasts up in their lifetime. Even if a woman has only one child though the scholars that hold this opinion, believe that even a woman with one child can just pay fidyah as the dispensation is in general. I personally follow this view as it makes a lot of sense to me, I think it is interesting that the whole 'if you fear for yourself' or 'if you fear for your child' criteria are actually made by the fuqaha and not derived from the original texts from Qur'an or ahadith.

SILSILAH FATAAWA JEDDAH’ CASSETTE SERIES (no.25)
OF SHAIKH AL-ALBAANEE -rahimahullaah:
Questioner : “I read in a book that if the pregnant women or the breastfeeding
women fear for themselves, or for their child, that they should
abstain from fasting, and should feed a needy person in place of each day,
and that it is not obligatory upon them to make up the days. So how
correct is this saying? We hope that you can clarify.”
Shaikh al-Albaanee: “Making up the days is not obligatory upon them, but
rather kaffaarah (compensation) of feeding a needy person for each day is
obligatory. This is the correct answer.
As for the aforementioned condition, i.e. that if the pregnant woman or a
breast-feeding woman fear for themselves or for their child, then this
condition is just an ijtihaad (personal deduction) from some of the
scholars, and it should not be put as a duty upon the pregnant woman or
the breast-feeding woman, because the Prophet ( صلى الله عليه و سلم ) said:
<< Allaah -the Exalted and Most High- has remitted fasting from the
pregnant woman and the breast-feeding woman.>>1
Then Ibn `Abbaas said in explanation of His Saying -He the Most High:

[[Sooratul-Baqarah (2):184]]
[[Meaning: So whoever amongst you is ill, or upon a journey, then let him
fast the same number of other days; and as for those of you who can fast
with difficulty, then they have the option of feeding a needy person in
place of each day.]]
Ibn `Abbaas -radiyallaahu `anhu- said: “Upon the pregnant woman and
the breast-feeding woman is to feed (the needy).”
Meaning the aforementioned condition is not to be found, i.e. that the
pregnant woman and the breast-feeding woman have to fear for
themselves or for their child.”
1 Hasan Saheeh: Saheeh Sunan Abee Daawood (no.2408).
He also said in Majmoo' al-Fatawa, 15/227, 'The correct view concerning this matter is that pregnant and breastfeeding women have to make up the fasts, and what was narrated from Ibn Abbas and Ibn Umar that pregnant and breastfeeding women have to feed the poor instead, is a weak view that goes against the Shareeah evidence. Allah says (interpretation of the meaning): &#65533;but if any of you is ill or on a journey, the same number (should be made up) from other days.&#65533; [Soorah al-Baqarah (2): 184]

Religion is serious matter and one should be clear about the rulings In regards to it. Most agree the missed fast has to made up , there is just difference in opinions of the Fidaya.

The Hadith you mentioned about just paying Fidaya is classified weak, I did extensive research when I was missing fast due to pregnancy, and asked many scholars in regards to the matter and all said the same thing, the fasts have to be made up. When one makes the intention of doing something for the sake of Allah, it's made easy upon them insha'Allah.

Allah knows best.

I havent said anything wrong, I said this is a third opinion of some scholars, which is true. There are some other scholars who held this view as well not just Shaykh Albanee. I had a book of Ramadan Fataawa but cannot find it now and the same view but held by another scholar was mentioned in the book.

Majmoo al Fataawa is a work of Shaykh Ibn Baaz not Shaykh Albanee and what you have quoted is from shaykh Ibn Baaz Rahimahullaah so Shaykh Albanee did not contradict himself on this issue. Also other scholars who generally held the view that the fasts had to be made up and/or fidyah paid did make rulings in certain individual cases telling the women involved that due to them having so many fasts to make up that they should just repent and not have to pay the fidyah or make them up. I did said a minority of scholars hold this view but it was also a view held by a minority of the sahaaba and the salaf and thus following this view is valid. Btw the hadith in question is universally agreed upon not to be weak but is hasan, however the view expressed in the hadith is not from The Prophet Salalaahu Alaihi Was Sallam but some of the sahabaah and it was this viewpoint not the hadith itself that was declared weak by Shaykh ibn Baaz Rahimahullaah. There is no question that the actual narration and wording is authentically reported as hasan is the second highest classification of ahadith. Imam Nawawi RadiAllaahu Anhu also believed this hadith to be hasan. My father in law is an imam and has studied extensively and while he does not generally follow this view himself he does accept it as an Islamically sound opinion. While I am not telling anyone to adopt this view; nor the two other commonly held views on making up fasts, it is an obligation for me to put the information out there if I know it.

I also have other long term health problems (CFS) which mean that many years I have physically been unable to fast but was completely unable to make up those fasts when I tried at a later time consequently I ended up with over 200 fasts to make up. Upon asking several people of knowledge they told me to just pay the fidyah for those fasts as due to my health problems I may well never be able to make those up. Erring on the side of caution as some scholars believe the fidyah is accumulative if the fasts are not made up by the following year, I paid to feed one poor person per day of fasting missed plus an additional poor person for each year that had passed without making up that fast. Of course if my health improves enough to be able to make up all these fasts in the future the scholars advised me I would be obligated to make them up once more. I think if you ask the scholars and trust in Allaah you cannot go wrong, and some people push themselves to fast against medical advice putting a strain on their health. Xx

Anyway don't think I'll be posting on this thread again as its clear I'm not welcome ma3asalaama all

Subhanallah sister, what made you feel this way?

I've also heard that Shaykh Bin Baz holds that same view, not 100% sure I will have to find the proofs for it xx

Certain people on this thread have made it clear that they don't like me and I don't want to tread on anyone's toes. It's a long story may Allaah guide us all xx

Aww that's awful :(

I hope you do stick around I like your posts
Only Allah knows our intentions And may he guide us all
Ameen xx

Summer rain, cross posting is not allowed per forum's rules & TOS. If you have issues with other members report it (I'm sure you know how to report a post)

I don't see anything going wrong in this thread. If other members don't agree with your post it doesn't mean they're picking on you.

I honestly think you are the one who have issues with "other members". I kind of know what you are referring to but I want to keep it out of this thread.

It's nice to have group thread without ill feeling for a change. I didn't want to post as a mod in this thread but your comment was uncalled for.

Now back on track ladies.

Certain people on this thread have made it clear that they don't like me and I don't want to tread on anyone's toes. It's a long story may Allaah guide us all And may your ramadan be beneficial, Ameen xx

Sister I surely pray that I havnt offended you... And I'm not the cause.. I just tried to clarify matters to the best of knowledge insha'Allah, and as Muslims it's our duty to help one another. There is soo much we learn from discussing and sharing, and there is soo much information out there and even I get corrected, but it's no reason to be offended.

I dearly pray that if anything I said offended you, you can forgive me insha'Allah.

My intentions were pure and Allah knows best.

May Allah Azza wa Jal guide us all to the best of knowledge.

Summer rain- I wouldn't think you need that particular view point in any case as you suffer clear medical issues which generally falls into the excused category with regard to fasting. I know this issue is contentious like wudu , it was long believed that a husband was unable to nullify his wife's wudu and vice versa but I have recently understood that any contact between them nullifies wudu. I suppose with fasting and other "uncertainties" it is always best to err on the side of caution. My mother has missed long periods of fasting for various reasons and has lost count of the amount of days she needs to make up so tries as best as she can. xx

SubhanAllah sisters let's all come down a bit. Dialogue is a healthy method to learn from each other and we shouldn't take others comments personally as they are aimed at clarifying that which may be misunderstood or unknown.

Let's have a group hug :friends:

Asalamu alaikum girls

Eid Mubarak! For tomorrow ofcourse

What have you guys got planned? :D x

Wa allaykum al Salam sister. Nothing much, we are not in a mood for celebration :(

The situation in hometown (Syria) is horrible :cry:

Eid Mubarak sisters :hugs: :hugs:

taqabalallah mina wa minkoum!

We're going to Eid prayer then maybe to the beach and then the inlaws inshaallah. And ofcourse will probably be eating lots of eid biscuits! LOL

You got any plans BabyJan?

@OmarsMum the situation is absolutely heartbreaking Allahu mustaa'an. Do you have family still in Syria? May Allah swt protect the people of Syria ameen.

taqabalallah mina wa minkoum!

We're going to Eid prayer then maybe to the beach and then the inlaws inshaallah. And ofcourse will probably be eating lots of eid biscuits! LOL

You got any plans BabyJan?

@OmarsMum the situation is absolutely heartbreaking Allahu mustaa'an. Do you have family still in Syria? May Allah swt protect the people of Syria ameen.

My parents lives here but Many of our family members are still there :( my aunt moved from Allepo to Damascus few days back as their houses were bombed & now she's staying at my patents place with her daughters, husband, son & grandchildren :(

My brother & his family moved with us 3 months back, some of our relatives moved to Lebanon (the situation there is not better now) & others are in Egypt. It's very difficult to get visas to the gulf countries those days. My inlaws are still there & they're refusing to leave their house to come here :(

I really hope it will end soon, all what we read on Facebook is about the bombing & the airplanes flying at 3 am around houses. It's heart breaking :(

Yeah sobhanallah I've heard that things have been bad in Lebanon too for people fleeing Syria. hasbunallah wa niama wakeel I'm really hoping it comes to an end soon too, I will make dua for your family specifically inshaallah as well as all of the people of Syria of course xxxx

Bintummi: I will start of the day by going to the eid prayer which will be held outdoors in accordance to the sunnah, then inlaws for dinner probably, my family have gone Egypt for Ramadan and eid so I can't spend time with my them :[
This will be LO's first eid so hopefully we do have a good day insha'Allah

Omarsmum: subhannallah May Allah ease the suffering for the people of Syria, inshallah you do have a good day ameen x

Taqaballahu Minaa Wa Minkum xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->