must haves

Googiepie

Reaction score
So I'm planning on finishing up buying things that I need for little one. What are the must haves? I have some clothes, blankets, and car seat. What are the essentials? I wanna get things I'll need right away and buy as I go. :)

Honestly, what you have plus somewhere for baby to sleep really is the essentials (if you're planning to breastfeed).

For the last month or so when I've gone into a baby shop I just wander round aimlessly because we have pretty much everything really and other things will depend on if breastfeeding works out so I'm not buying loads of bottle feeding bits or a breast pump until I know. I loved the baby swing with my first, it was a lifesaver but I didn't get it til he was three weeks old so if you don't have one then that would be nice to have before baby but not essential.

The only other thing you haven't mentioned is things for bathing baby which I would get beforehand but that's kinda it :)

Somewhere for baby to sleep
Lots of vests and babygros
Hats and cardis/pramsuit
Nappies
Transport for baby (pushchair or sling, you've already got car seat)
Cotton wool for bum changes

I feel like everyone forgets about themselves, breast pads, regular pads, and if your feeling extra extravagant then adult diapers ( I ruined SO many pairs of underwear last time, and want to avoid that as much as possible this time.) I've also made sure I have Tucks as they were a lifesaver last time.

For baby, washing essentials, and as a personal must have is a baby book and if you plan on going out a lot a diaper bag

I have a bathtub from my first so I'll be using that again. I think I'll get a few baby towels. I do have a swing but it's for bigger babies lol. I think I'll get a swing and bouncy chair. I know how much it helped with my first. I need more clothes. Thanks ladies.

For me a bouncy chair and baby carrier were essential but not from day 1.

Plenty of nappies. It's surprising how quick you go through them.

Muslins were essential for me. My dd was a dribbler.

Plenty of maternity pads and breast pads.

Plenty of snacks for you.

After finding out what has and hasn't worked for us with our last 2, these were my Must Haves for the 3rd...

-K'tan baby carrier for the infant/newborn stage

-Tula carrier for when baby is big enough

-Nursing poncho cover so that I don't have to worry about flashing anyone (I'm not brave enough to go without a cover)

-Mod Swad swaddle sack, there are LOTS of similar brands though

-My BrestFriend nursing pillow

-Bouncy seat, something portable to put baby in when I need to shower, cook, etc

-We use receiving blankets as burp cloths, the little ones aren't very effective with the bigger spit ups

Something new I'm trying this time is a bamboo Belly Bandit to hopefully help get things back where they're supposed to be faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->