My 1 year transformation (post partum)*Update for baby #2!

My 18 month goals (will update in 6 months as always)

Deadlift- 210lbs
Bench- 100lbs
Squat- 140lbs

:wacko: Haha, that's lofty!!! Here's hoping!! I am NTNP right now so if I get my BFP then these goals will have to wait at least another year and half!

Well done lady you look fab!! Did you start off on a certain weight and then gradually build up??

Do you mean the weights in the gym? Yes I make sure to add weight each time, right now I'm squatting about 120lbs, deadlifting 165lbs and benching about 75lbs, and I add a good 1-5lbs to each working set each week.

I'm doing a program called Westside for Skinny *******s

Aliss, you look fab!

I have to say I really do admire and look up to you and feel quite good with the weights I'm deadlift and squatting at the moment (60kg for both which in your lingo is around 133lbs - I actually did one deadlift at 80kg but this was quite tough and I would have definately worked by body to failure) Haven't done any benching yet as I don't often get time to even consider getting over to my friend in Epsom to use the gym and don't have a bench at my house :(

You're definately inspiration to alot of people and it's great to have you around to show others that they don't need to starve themselves or spend hours slogging away on a treadmill :thumbup:

Thanks! I have an allergy to the treadmill, seriously 20 minutes and I am itching to get off :rofl: I do cardio 2x a week max and boy do I luuuurve my food (I'm at around 1900 calories now!)

133lbs! Damn girl that is impressive!!!! It took us 7 years to build our home gym so eventually you get all the pieces and parts :) :happydance:

I do use kg's and lbs, both, LOL, my plates are in KGs and the DBs are in lbs so I tend to use lbs as most strength standard charts do too!

Good job!

I know what you mean - I do intervals on the cross trainer and I'm like eugh! Get me off this thing haha!

Thanks! That's the same weight as me so I was quite shocked that I managed it tbh :haha:

It's such a shame you're the other side of the pond, you'd made a fab gym partner.

I'm starting WS4SB this week (well, I started a few days ago) and love it, today was Romanian deadlifts at 60kg/133lbs (3x12) and oooh boy I'm gonna feel it.

The worst thing is getting out of bed the following day :haha:

:rofl: That will be me tomorrow!

OH and I played with technique today, this afternoon I did 6 x 75kg deadlifts for technique (which is gonna make me sore as this morning I already did my dynamic rep lower workout)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k62OWYNpDCc&feature=BFa&list=UL87sOOYsO9x0&index=24

You look awesome!
Sexy fit, but also like you could hold your own in a bar fight, you know? :) :winkwink:

Huge well done aliss!

I'm using 4.5kg weights, that still like beginner?

Wow! You look fantastic. I see what Iloveshoes meant now when she said you're her guru :haha:

Major well done!

x

Thanks ladies! And you all are doing fantastic too!

Huge well done aliss!

Yes :haha: But there is NOTHING wrong with that, as long as you toss them and go heavier when you're ready for it!

I used to:
Run 1 mile in 20 minutes (and that's when the gym teacher just gave up timing it)
Struggle to doing a dumbbell press with 5lbs
Get winded walking up stairs
Be 150lbs (BEFORE pregnant hah. I think I turned 21 and went "whoah!")

So now deadlifting 75kg/165lbs is very easy! 7 years, but still. It's all about progression and pushing yourself :thumbup:

Huge well done aliss!

Yes :haha: But there is NOTHING wrong with that, as long as you toss them and go heavier when you're ready for it!

I used to:
Run 1 mile in 20 minutes (and that's when the gym teacher just gave up timing it)

So now deadlifting 75kg/165lbs is very easy! 7 years, but still. It's all about progression and pushing yourself :thumbup:

I cant go heavier atm i havent got any heavier ones lol! I do kinda toss them, what i do, do feels like having an effect but i can feel them getting lighter at the same time.

You seen these shaker weights, whats your thoughts on them? I personally burst out laughing :haha:

Huge well done aliss!

I used to:

I cant go heavier atm i havent got any heavier ones lol! I do kinda toss them, what i do, do feels like having an effect but i can feel them getting lighter at the same time.

You seen these shaker weights, whats your thoughts on them? I personally burst out laughing :haha:

Shaker weight! Looks like a giant battery operated boyfriend except without the fringe benefits! You'd be just as well off buying a giant dildo!

It sounds like they are too light for you, can you get a new heavier pair? Maybe used? I bought a Bowflex Select tech set which I admit is very expensive but worth it. Once you can easily do it, it's time to move or you don't progress.

Jenny :rofl: You can walk a mile in less! hah

giant dildo's are cheaper!

i dunno you should see how slow i walk
i'm like a human snail :rofl:

Huge well done aliss!

I used to:

Shaker weight! Looks like a giant battery operated boyfriend except without the fringe benefits! You'd be just as well off buying a giant dildo!

It sounds like they are too light for you, can you get a new heavier pair? Maybe used? I bought a Bowflex Select tech set which I admit is very expensive but worth it. Once you can easily do it, it's time to move or you don't progress.

Jenny :rofl: You can walk a mile in less! hah

Lmao!! :haha: Ive actually just been browsing argos, got little sale on pair 6kg chrome ones, is 4.5kg to 6kg to big of a jump?
Also, whats best exercise for bingo wings, thing 1 part this is holding me back at the moment, thank you!! Your a great help.

Sadly bingo wings are a result of diet not exercise. You could do dips, but not much can be done until the fat is gone. Personally I do dips, chinups, and bench press. Heavy bench presses are #1 for me.

4.5-6kg is not a bad jump at all. Go for it.

Sadly bingo wings are a result of diet not exercise. You could do dips, but not much can be done until the fat is gone. Personally I do dips, chinups, and bench press. Heavy bench presses are #1 for me.

Thanks for that!

What exercises do you like best with dumbells?

Thanks for that!

What exercises do you like best with dumbells?

For tricep?

I'd military press and/or chest press.

Some people do kickbacks and extensions BUT those are really for advanced people who have maxed out their potentials on the compound lifts (bench press, military press)... for some reason are very popular in beginner DVDs though? lol

You would be better off doing body weight dips and pushups to work them than trying to isolate them with a 4.5 or 6kg DB

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->