My 1st Christmas Journal 2017

Twag

Mummy to Elliot & Izzy <3
Reaction score
Eeeeek doing my 1st Christmas Journal and I am so excited for Christmas this year I cannot wait to see the kids reaction to it all :cloud9:

So I would like to introduce myself and my family:

I am 37 years old DH is 39 and we have 2 little people Elliot who is 3 (4 in February) and Izzy who just turned 2. We also have to furry babies Chloe (8.5) and Shyla (3) who are Shar Pei

So this year my siblings and partners have decided we are doing a secret santa with a £5 limit to make it more interesting!! Annoyingly I have my youngest sister (there is me the eldest, 2 sisters and the youngest my brother) she is quite picky but I think I have found the present for her :thumbup:

We are doing Elf’s for the 1st time this year we have Elvis the boy Elf and Ella the girl Elf and come December they will be up to mischief (that is if I can pri Elvis away from Elliot at night :haha:)

I am also going to do a Christmas Eve box this year which will be left by Elvis & Ella for Elliot & Izzy :thumbup:

My ideas for that is going in the box are:

- New Christmas PJ’s (got from Sainsburys in 25% off)
- Christmas Themed sticker books (got these from Osbourne Books)
- Christmas book (Ordered 10 Little Elves from Amazon)
- Reindeer food
- Nice Certificates (ready to print)
- Christmas DVD
- Sweet treat (Kinder Reindeer)

My Christmas List for this year are:

Elliot

&#8226; New Dinosaur bedding
&#8226; Avengers Hulk figure
&#8226; Books &#8211; Stickman, Highway Rat & 10 Little Superheros
&#8226; Superhero Dressing Up &#8211; Hulk, Spiderman & Captain America
&#8226; Wooden railway set
&#8226; Wooden train shed
&#8226; Storm trooper figure
&#8226; Travel dry ease books & pens
&#8226; Watch
&#8226; Melissa & Doug magnetic superhero dress up set

Stocking

&#8226; Socks &#8211; superhero
&#8226; Scooter pulley
&#8226; Small fire engine
&#8226; Small ambulance
&#8226; Electric toothbrush &#8211; Minions
&#8226; Spiderman walkie talkies
&#8226; Avengers squish ums
&#8226; Tube of smarties
&#8226; Chocolate coins

Izzy

&#8226; Books &#8211; Spinderella, Scarecrows Wedding
&#8226; My Generation dolls clothes &#8211; 2 sets (my mum has got her the doll)
&#8226; Travel dry ease book & crayons
&#8226; Happyland Fairy house
&#8226; Vet dress up
&#8226; My little vet cases
&#8226; Scooter &#8211; micro mini 2 go deluxe
&#8226; Scooter basket & pulley
&#8226; Melissa & Doug Magnetic Princess dress up

Stocking

&#8226; Hair clips x 100
&#8226; Socks
&#8226; Toy wand
&#8226; Electric toothbrush (princess)
&#8226; Peppa Pig squash ums
&#8226; Tube of smarties
&#8226; Chocolate coins

I am getting my 2 nephews & 4 nieces PJ&#8217;s for Christmas as I always have didn&#8217;t last year and they all moaned so I will again this year lol

My 3 Godsons also having PJ&#8217;s and then our friends son & daughter PJ&#8217;s

Our friends little boy (age 3) I have got Paw Patrol Puzzle

Our friends 2 girls I have got the eldest (age 3) a Frozen Adventure Elsa and the youngest (not yet 1) Vtech crazy legs learning bug

Elliot&#8217;s best friend who recently moved to Germany I got her a Trolls Busy Book as she loves Trolls

So I ordered everything yesterday from either John Lewis or Amazon and it will all be arriving shortly :happydance:

Then comes the task of wrapping which I always love the idea of but by the time I have finished I am done :haha:

This year I am doing the kids in special paper so they think the toys they put on their Christmas list have come from Santa & the stocking fillers
And then a different paper for everything else :thumbup:

Oh and I'm EXACTLY the same with the wrapping haha. I think, yay this is gonna be so fun, after an hour I'm like omg never again :haha:

Bev - you know me a bit of a control freak so I have had excel lists and budgets going for a while I have just been waiting the go ahead from DH to spend :haha:

Talia - I found a lovely little template online for the Nice certificate so I have created one for them both :thumbup:

Yeah wrapping I find is like ironing I like it for the most part but then I get to breaking point :haha: I am ok if I have some wine and watch a film whilst doing it :wacko: :blush:

So the 1st of my items arrived yesterday and now I have so many parcels in the garage I think DH might blow a gasket :haha: not sure where I am going to hide it all I am thinking loft :shrug:

Where does everyone else stash Christmas gifts?

That's great the first of the items arrived :dance:

I hide presents in a big storage cupboard on the landing. Holly never goes in there as it's dark and she thinks it's scary, and James doesn't have the strength to open the door yet, so I think the hiding spot will work for a while!

Yeah we are in a new build and they do not come with much storage - we do have a huge boarded loft though so I think they may have to go in there as the kids definitely can't get in there :haha:

So I really want to put up the dec's :wacko: DH is talking about getting some new ones this year - I suggested getting a small real tree for the orangery and let the kids buy some decorations to decorate it :shrug:

We are planning on putting up the decorations on the night of the 30th so they are all up for 1st December and the kids will wake to decorations which I think will be so magical :)

What things do you guys do with decorations?

Also yesterday I went to Wilko and got a whole load of craft stuff so we can make Christmas crafts - I plan on making with the kids:

- Snowmen with cotton wall balls
- Christmas paper chains
- Christmas baubles
- decorate some paper Christmas tree's

Any other idea's?

Also I have asked my sister if she can make a Christmas card for me using the kids hand or foot print so I can use it to make Christmas cards for this year - does anyone know any good websites that you can upload a picture and then print Christmas cards from?

That's a good idea to let the kids decorate their own little tree and I love the craft ideas. I might have to try some of them with mine :)

They both really love doing craft stuff and I am hoping it will help with some calm weekends with the winter weather :haha:

Hopefully it will. It can be so hard to get out and about in winter with the horrible weather!

Yes we definitely get cabin fever :wacko:

I am rubbish generally at crafty things but I am trying to be better and I always get excited about it just hope they work out but will be fun anyway!

My presents are just in the boxes they were delivered in(some condensed down as amazon ae mad for packaging) in my room. Theres not a huge amount of space but I don't need much space haha

OMG my John Lewis delivery has come and it is in 15 different boxes!!!!!! that is crazy :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->