My baby is so poorly :(

Olivias_mum

Reaction score
Olivia had an outpatients appointment to see her consultant just as a general check up, whilst we were in the waiting room she got really hot and got a rash all over her body, just looked like a heat rash. When we went in too ser her consultant i asked her to check the rash, she like pushed it with her fingers nand it didnt turn white/disappear (same as the glass test) she ran with her from outpatients to the treatment room in childrens ICU, the nurse put her arm round me and said you dont need to watch this and took me out of the room. they kept saying she has a serious infection and in the end i just screamed at them to tell me what was wrong with her, she has meningcoccal septicemia (the worst kind of meningitis) and pneumonia in her right lung :( i cant believe it shes been through so much and her immune system is just too weak :( xxxxx

Just a Quick update!Shes ventilated with pretty high vent settings and sedated at the moment, its all just kind of wait and see what happens at the moment xxxx

OMG hun - you poor thing. My heart really goes out to you all. This is every mum's worst nightmare, particularly after everthing you've already been thru. There's nothing I can say hun, except I'm thinking of you and your little cherub, and praying she gets better very soon. Keep us posted xxx

You poor thing :hugs: I don't know what to say, other than you and Olivia are in my thoughts! Get well soon Olivia :( xxx

My thoughts are with you and Olivia and I hope she will be feeling much better soon. They surprise us with just what little fighters they are though so keep thinking positive thoughts xxxx:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thinking of you and your brave little girl. Get well soon Olivia x

oh no, I hope Olivia starts to get better soon :hugs:

:hugs: You poor things. Hope she is much much better soon xx

All they are saying is that her chances of survival are very low and if she does survive that theres a very high chance she will have some if not all of her limbs amputated :S :( x

:hugs: Thinking of you both, hope Olivia is much better soon xx

Huge :hugs:. I really hope she gets better, and soon. Thinking of you x

Oh god, poor you and poor Olivia. Don't give up hope hun my cousin had meningicocal septacemia when she was a baby and although she suffered hearing loss in one ear she is now a healthy happy 20 year old. We're all thinking of you :hugs:

OMG come on Olivia you can do it! Get better!! xxxx

I'm so sorry hun.

My daughter was not premature but at 22 weeks old had meningococcal septicaemia caused by pneumonia too. She was diagnosed after a lumbar puncture and was very poorly (the first 48 hours being the worst). To this day (almost seven years on) it remains the most stressful experience of my life so I can empathise with how you are feeling.

My daughter is fit and well now although she does have a degree of hearing loss and is behind in her class (but this could be cos she's an August baby too) but otherwise has suffered no ill effects.

Your daughter is in the right place and getting the right care. She has fought so hard so far, she won't give up now. Keep going. Thinking of you.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->