My birth story a month late

Twinssurprise

Reaction score
At 33 weeks I was admitted to the hospital for a week for losing my mucus plug. I was dialated to 3 and 75% effaced. I was completely over being pregnant by this point and so uncomfortable and now being told I was on strict bedrest. I was released at 34 weeks, able to come home with my kids and stay off my feet. Relatively hard considering me and my children live alone. However I officially made it to 36 weeks and 2 days pregnant.

Heres my story

Saturday morning I woke up and was so excited to have officially made it to my 36th week mark the day before that I was going to take my kids out to breakfast sicne we had been stuck inside forever. The night before me and my bf had gotten into an argument so we weren't exactly speaking and he was at his place. Around 9:30 I got a contraction, sort of painful but whatever by this point in the pregnancy everything was painful. Got 2 more 10 minutes apart. I was still laying on my bed while my kids were laying on the bed with me. I thought I had to pee during the last contraction and couldnt make it. I leaked onto the bed, the floor and into the bathroom. where not much came out. Decided that maybe I should smell it and voila its not urine. I texted my bf to let him know I think my water broke. Then I decide I'll call my mom to come sit with me just to make sure, I didnt want to end up back in the hospital for no reason.

I couldnt get a hold of her so I sat it out alone, contractions kick in hard! Im bending over in pain and there about 3 minutes apart and its only about 10am. My water continues to lead out of me all over the house and my kids are standing back unsure of what to think at this point. I finally get them to go to their room and shut the door so they dont see me in pain. Im nearly in tears by now as Im calling the doctor and the contractions are coming hard. I managed to leave the wrong number for the doctor to call, I left my bf's number. By this point Im just trying to find a sitter for my kids. I couldnt get a hold of anyone, finally called a cousin who was working but managed to find an aunt who could come get the kids. Being as she was 30 minutes away I called a girl in my neighborhood to see if she was home, she wasnt. :dohh: Finally she sent her bf over and he took me to the hospital with my kids in tow.

He gets us there and the staff realize I dont have much time, they get me in a bed naked, no time for a gown even and check me, yes my kids are in the room sitting there with their carseats in their laps in complete shock, oh my poor babies I felt so bad. I kept yelling at the nurses to calm down in front of my kids while trying to get my kids excited by saying they were going to meet their brothers today. I was checked and at 8 centimeters. I was trembling and in walks my bf, to grab my kids to take to my aunt who had just arrived. He comes back in, Im being wheeled as they give him a gown. Going down the hallway I had the incredible urge to push, it hurt so bad I will never ever forget that pain. I hadnt had pain relief yet. I get to the operating room and they administer my anesthesia while Im laying down I wasnt allowed to sit up at all. All of this happened within 20 minutes of me arriving at the hospital and only a little over 2 hours of my first contraction. I was cut from the bottom of my belly button to my pubic bone, different from my previous csections.

Both of my boys were born very healthy and able to stay with me the entire hospital stay. Carter weighed in at 6lbs 1oz and Cole at 5lbs 15oz, they are now a month old, and Im enjoying every minute of them until I return back to work next week. Its still just me my 2 other kids and now the babies until I get my house rented out, but we've all really settled in well.

Well first of congrats! Second, I am almost 33 weeks and I was put on bed rest as well so now your scaring me! haha I know that the normal is 34 weeks with twins but it is just so close! I cant believe it :)

Congratulations on your twins! And thank you for sharing your story with us. :)

Congrats - sounds like you just made it to the hospital! I bet the kids enjoyed the adventure. Thanks for posting - i really hope i can make it to 36 weeks too.

Awww. Congratulations, and thanks for sharing the story. The image of your kids sitting in the room while you were being checked is both hilarious and frightening. You're such a good mama bear to have been so worried about them not seeing you in pain. :flower:

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your story!!

Congrats on ur boys! Glad u r all doing well. If you were dialated to 8 y the csection sounds like ur labor progressed well. just wondering:0)

Congratulations, thanks so much for sharing. Bet it's still hard to believe it all happened that way! Well done xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->