my cambridge diet journey! UPDATED post 1 2/12/09

lollylou1

Mummy to Belle and preg
Reaction score
so where do i start this could be a long story to begin with.

My name is Lou, im 25 and currently have a baby girl who is 7 months old. whilst TTC i weighed 20 stone 6.5 pounds:shock::shock:
After 18 months of TTC and many tests i realised i had to do anything i could to help with getting pregnant and i knew i had to start with my weight.
i had previously done all the traditional diets such as weight watchers, slimming world and rosemary connely, i had done calorie counting but nothing seemed to work for me, i found out about the cambridge diet and made an appointment.

i started the diet November 2007 and after 21 weeks on the diet i had lost 6 stone!!!! and got my :bfp::happydance::happydance::happydance:

brief discription about the diet for anyone who hasnt heard of it, i had 3 meal replacement drinks or bars a day and lots of water!!! it totals around 400 cals

i had to immediately stop when i got my :bfp: so began eating normal food again, t think to begin with i did eat crap because i hadnt eaten for so long plus all i wanted to eat was sausage sandwiches so it was inevitable that i was going to gain weight, throughout my whole pregnancy i refused to weigh myself, once i actually gave birth i started to feel myself gain weight everywhere!!!
i had always said i would return to the cambridge diet as soon as was allowed this was 12 weeks post birth so on 22nd february 2009 i went straight back to my counsellor and started again the down side of this was when i got weighed i was 20 stone 4.5 pounds:cry::cry: i was devastated but wouldnt have changed it as i had a beautiful baby to show for it.

Anyway i have now been on the diet 19 weeks i have lost 5 stone 6.5 pounds in that time, i will post a before picture, its an awful picture but its my motivation!!! that was taken the day i started the diet and i VOW to never be that person again!!!

if you have read so far then thank you

i should have kept this from the beginning but i want to get to goal so badly and want to have something i can write in and moan when im feeling starving hungry like now as im due on!!!

Lou
xxx

this is me before weighing my heaviest!!!
https://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm2/lollylou1_2008/fat1.jpg

THIS WAS ME TODAY!!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=9775336&id=678415033

so i have added a new pic which shows my total weight loss from start to end!!!

https://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm2/lollylou1_2008/beforeafter.jpg

so this is me after 15 weeks on the diet wearing the same jeans and tshirt (different colour) as in the first picture

Lou
xxx

15 weeks on the diet
https://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm2/lollylou1_2008/Aweek15.jpg

this is me in week 18!! i had lost 5 stone 2.5 pounds when this picture was taken last wednesday night!!

Lou
xxx

18 weeks
https://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm2/lollylou1_2008/SDC11295.jpg

oh Lou!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats flippin fantastic!!!!!! You look brilliant!
I know when I met you I thought you looked great, But I didnt know what you looked like before, and now I have seen, you look soooo good!!
Well done hun :D
xxxxxxxxx

i need to do this diet! My will power is shit, any advice?
lolxx

lol, its bloody hard going, im struggling so badly today as i feel starving due to being due on but i cant praise it enough, i am hoping to become a cambridge diet counsellor when i am finished as this diet has changed my life in many ways, i couldnt be happier with it, i want to be able to help others who want to lose the weight and when i look at those pictures i feel unter disgust in the first one but feel so proud of myself when i look at the others

Lou
xxx

Like i said yest hun!! you look great you should be so proud of yourself :) x x

wow wow wow and wow again sweetie! you've done soooo amazingly! well done! you look beautiful xx

Wow - you look fantastic. I've started a diet today and you've inspired me!!!

*Runs off to start a journal*

WOW!!!!!!!!! Lou you look fab well done you must have got amazing willpower to do that diet - I couldn't do it! Well done hun you should be very proud of yourself and annabelle looks so grown up in the last pic!!!! :shock: x x

wow u look fantastic! how do I start this diet? do you have to weigh a certain amount before your allowed to go on this diet? x

Unbelievable Lou!

You must be made of steel! Keep up the good work and I hope you get to your target weight! Dont get too thin though!! And I definitely think you should become a cambridge diet counsellor, you are living proof that it works!

You should be realy proud of yourself! :hugs:

Jools XX

Thank u all so much for the replies they are very much appreciated, i know i have a hell of a long way to go yet but hopefully i can do it.

I have to be able to complete this diet for Annabelle, i want to be able to enjoy her life with her, i fear she will look at me and be ashamed of what she sees and i dont want that for her, i want to be able to take her to do different things like the themem park and cant do that if i cant fit my fat arse in the seats.

i want to have a child who can be proud of her mummy

Lou
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back