"My child will never behave like that"

FEDup1981

Mam of two & two angels
Reaction score
It makes me MAD when i hear childless people, parents to be, and parents of exceptionally good children (I mean everyone really) say:

"My child will never behave like that" etc etc

Jack can be handful a lot of the time. He is spoilt, he does like his own way, he hates doing what hes told etc, but at the end of the day he's THREE.

Dont these people think that we TRY to have our children well behaved, polite, quiet, perfect! But us parents know, our children will test us, scream and shout for their own way, all at the wrong times, and theres not a thing we can do. If they wanna have a tantrum, they'll have one.

So it makes me damn well mad, when i read people who havent had children, writing manuals on how to disipline children, or when they say comments like the above. I just wanna laugh, and say well, good luck with that. :growlmad:

Is anyone with me?

i used to say that all the time but in reality kids will act up in the most embarrasing of places! I don't let my kid run around shopping centres etc but he has had a fair few tanrtums in public :) xx

It doesnt stop either jake is nearly 14

Tell me about it. Matts friend married a girl with a child from a previous relationship & is also a school teacher so apparently that makes someone completely able to judge how to bring up a child.

Seth can be a nightmare sometimes. I remember when I was younger thinking "will someone control that child!!", got my comeuppance now though lol

x

woops i say that, but i think its more of a case of i hope she wont act like that! iykwim??

xxxxxx

I say that but with children who are spoilt little shits or who's parents have no control over them what so ever. I know if kids are going to have a paddy there going to have a paddy but its how the parents react that determines my responce.

I agree 100%. On the bride section I saw your comment to one of the ladys and I thought the exact same as you. I was gonna comment but decided against it.
Being a parent is hard bloody work.

I did say that before i had kids :blush:

most of the time they are good holly is just getting out of the stage of showing me up in public :happydance:

robyn is a little madam :dohh:

and samsam is the worse off them all and he isnt even 2 :wacko:

yes they are spoilt and i no that is my own fault but they do get punished if they are naughty by that i mean holly will go to her room robyn will go to the corner and sam well im still working on him :dohh:

any tips for controling a 22mth old :blush:

I'm guilty of saying that but you can tell the difference between a parent who's struggling with a child having a tantrum, and one who's doing naff all to stop their child behaving in an antisocial way.

I don't have children of my own, but I am a cub leader and it's very easy to identify the child who's never been disciplined correctly.

So yes, my children will never be allowed to behave like that without me at least making an effort to prevent it!!

Hm, I've watched quite a few supernanny type programs that say to ignore bad behaviour because to some children attention is attention, even if it's negative :shrug: I don't think it's as black and white as people think.

yep! kids are kids! i agree with blahh - parenting is hard work; children always push the boundaries as they often like to no how far they can go. i don't think i've ever said this, i never no when angel maddi is going to grow her horns :rofl:

I'm guilty of saying that but you can tell the difference between a parent who's struggling with a child having a tantrum, and one who's doing naff all to stop their child behaving in an antisocial way.

I don't have children of my own, but I am a cub leader and it's very easy to identify the child who's never been disciplined correctly.

So yes, my children will never be allowed to behave like that without me at least making an effort to prevent it!!

Hm, I've watched quite a few supernanny type programs that say to ignore bad behaviour because to some children attention is attention, even if it's negative :shrug: I don't think it's as black and white as people think.

This is what worries me if Sam has a tantrum about something while we're out - it's easy to ignore him when we're at home and it's the only thing that works - doesn't take long for him to realise there's no point :lol: ...but if we were out somewhere I think I'd be worried about what people were thinking if I just ignore it... doesn't mean I'd just let him get away with behaving badly :shrug:

yep! kids are kids! i agree with blahh - parenting is hard work; children always push the boundaries as they often like to no how far they can go. i don't think i've ever said this, i never no when angel maddi is going to grow her horns :rofl:

:rofl: Same here! x

Maddi IS the perfect child! *jealous* Shes a doll! xx

I agree 100%. On the bride section I saw your comment to one of the ladys and I thought the exact same as you. I was gonna comment but decided against it.
Being a parent is hard bloody work.

LOL id actually forgot about that, but yeah thats my point.

I never say it because i know full well she's going to be just like that, all of the children in my family are brats, me included, its in the genes :rofl:

she looks cute, but she does have her moments! she has tiny tantrums, you say no and take her away, she screams for about 5secs then does something else, its so funny, james calls it - when laughter turns to cry-e!!

anyway, back to toyahs post - i agree with lynn and blahh, it never is black and white, i too would ignore things or some tantrums at home, but say if you were out and your child was kicking on the floor of the supermarket, i wouldn't just leave them! its very easy to say what your going to do, parenthood has lots of grey aspects :)

I never say it because i know full well she's going to be just like that, all of the children in my family are brats, me included, its in the genes :rofl:

Yeah i can see her being a lil diva just like her mother! :haha: x

aww i can't imagine brooke being a diva, she just seems so laid back! xx

Honestly, when I hear a child kicking off I sympathise with the parents! Different parents have different methods of dealing with things like this, so tbh the only way I would think badly of a parent is if they were swearing and bollocking the child, dragging them roud and rough handling them.

I was in Asda once, and this child threw an almighty tantrum, and screamed the entire way round. The Mum had him in the trolley, ignored him and continued her shopping, smiled at people and had his sibling to look after too. I was SO impressed with her calm manner I nearly said something to her! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->