"My child will never behave like that"

I like the advert where the kid is kicking off so the mum jumps on the floor and starts kicking off too and the kid stops and is like "huh"

Sooooooo funny :rofl:

My friend did this in Asda and it worked, her son just stopped and looked at her like she was crazy and said "mummy why are you doing that?" and she told him that's what he looked like when he does it, and he's never done it since (he's 4 btw)

On topic, I do feel sorry for parents that their children are having a major tantrum, but the parents that are smacking, screaming and swearing their children repeatedly just make my angry.

I have said "my child won't do that" but more I think because I'm desperately hoping he won't have a massive tantrum in a shop.

its how parents deal with situations, rosie used to run off at the school gates every single morning and i'd be running down the street full view of everyone i was fuming then one day i pulled up outside the gates and said get out lol, made her walk in on her own and drove off, she never did it again.
if i was in ear shot of someone saying something i'd be asking them what their problem is.
i live right near a shopping mall and most the toddlers i see rolling around the floor moaning and crying are doing it cos they are bored. if you've got to go shopping makre it short and sweet give them a treat half way through and keep them involved etc i used to get rosie to plan a meal and let her pick the foods off the shelves, everything is about learning and its fun..

Rosie can perform still now and she's 14, but now i get her by the collar and do the talking through my teeth thing, she knows by the look on my face most the time its time to button it :rofl:

There is a massive difference between a kid having a wee tanty at the supermarket, and a kid being just plain naughty and parents not doing anything about it.
We have been lucky with Freya, and have not yet had to go thru the public tanty thing. She's had a few at home - I've just laughed and stepped over her.

I do try not to judge other people on their children's behaviour. Everyone has different ideas about how to raise their children, and who am I to say that what we're doing is any better?

We have been struggling with our 4 year old a lot lately, he's going through a horrible naughty stage and acts up a lot, especially when I'm at the shop or somewhere. I feel constantly judged as I'm a young Mum and have 3 kids and a bump, I get a lot of dirty looks and tuts, it really annoys me. I try my hardest as a parent and think I'm a good Mum but when people make snidy remarks or give me dirty looks it does make me doubt myself, my confidence is low as it is.

I secretly enjoy seeing other kids kicking off, makes me feel more normal and I can sympathise with the parents.

I hate the people who see a child having a tantrum and will either make comments like "Oh, poor thing must be hungry/tired/etc" or go upto the child and say "Aww, what's the matter, are you ok?" and make out the parent has done something, when 9 times out of 10 it's just cos the child is having a paddy.

I have to admit I have said this but that was when I didn't have a baby and had no idea!!!!!! I was very naive! x

Maley has started already and she is nine months!! Mostly i think its boredom and trying to get my attention so when she starts screaming in her buggy at the Boots checkout, i ignore her. Usually after a bit she realises its not working. I do get some looks though...but tbh...i dont care....and if im not in the mood....i say something like...."havent you heard a baby cry before?" and they look away....!

I love how all the people who have said 'i will do this with my child bla bla bla they wont behave like that in restaurants bla bla bla' don't have kids or a baby...

Do you need to have a child of your own to know you could do a better job? I don't believe so, it's people who parent badly that make me so determined to do a better job! Like I said, there's a big difference between looking down on every parent who's struggling with a child, and judging those who are clearly incompetent. I've often felt pity for a parent who's struggling because you can tell when someone is trying to solve the problem, and when someone is choosing to ignore/failing to even notice it!

:shrug: Yes. Unless you know the ins and outs of how they parent every day you shouldn't judge them at all.

I have thought it a few times. But never about the kids, only about the parents. Some just let their kids run around and do all sorts and never once try and tell their child that they should behave. If a child behaves bad and a parent tries to do something about it (whatever way) then I applaud them as they are trying instead of being ignorant.
Rayan has been a little angel in shops until this summer. A few times he started screeming when he was in the cart. I was so ashamed! I must admit it has been a bit our own fault as those times we took him to the shops just before he usually has food and a nap. Haha, that was wrong. Take him in his buggy and there is no problem, he just falls asleep, but put him in a cart at the supermarket and he doesn't feel happy at times like that. So when we figured that out we just went after his nap and no problem. Okay, either we are smart or we are spoiling him, but either way we have a happy child when we go to the supermarket!!

So some people seem to be saying that it is absolutely impossible to discipline a child and those of us without children should just deal with everyone's kids' bad behaviour without comment, judgement or annoyance? Obviously all kids have their moments, in public and at home, and there's not much you can do to stop a distressed toddler having a tantrum.

BUT, what about the 7-year-old who is takes the service bell off my work counter and runs away with it, ringing it incessantly? What about the kids banging on our glass windows until we have to tell them to stop, because the parents are oblivious? My mom certainly has children and she doesn't just smile indulgently and say "well gosh it's hard being a parent after all..."

I say it if parents have no control what so ever, but if you can see the parent is trying to quiten and control them I totally understand! x

I once seen a girl have a tantrum outside a shop and her mother walked away from her, she soon stopped and run after her mum :rofl:

So some people seem to be saying that it is absolutely impossible to discipline a child and those of us without children should just deal with everyone's kids' bad behaviour without comment, judgement or annoyance? Obviously all kids have their moments, in public and at home, and there's not much you can do to stop a distressed toddler having a tantrum.

BUT, what about the 7-year-old who is takes the service bell off my work counter and runs away with it, ringing it incessantly? What about the kids banging on our glass windows until we have to tell them to stop, because the parents are oblivious? My mom certainly has children and she doesn't just smile indulgently and say "well gosh it's hard being a parent after all..."

Still think it's a lot harder being a parent than you'd think. I've had days where Amelie has been screaming and screaming all day long, or just whinging and I end up ignoring her :shrug: I don't care if strangers look badly at me for it.

Tyler has screamed around town, around asda and people look all the time as if to say arnt you going to comfort him etc... well what do you want me to do, carry him in my arms, push the trolley/pram and my shopping!!!!! FFS :grr:

Tyler has screamed around town, around asda and people look all the time as if to say arnt you going to comfort him etc... well what do you want me to do, carry him in my arms, push the trolley/pram and my shopping!!!!! FFS :grr:

Yeah i remember once we were in m&s when she was about 6 weeks old and amelie was screaming and screaming for no apparent reason. She had had a nap, feed, bum change.. all the usual stuff and I was carrying her :dohh: Anyway people were looking at us like I was the worst mother in the world and people were coming up saying 'AW ITS COLIC' er, no, it's not? or 'AW SHE WANTS A BOTTLE' :| So rude. As if I'd starve my child.

I once seen a girl have a tantrum outside a shop and her mother walked away from her, she soon stopped and run after her mum :rofl:

I do that with Caitlin!!! :D LOL :rofl:

She did it in the middle of town once and I walked away and shouted 'bye' she was screaming and kicking and flinging on the floor and she just suddenly jumped up stopped crying and shouted 'mummy wait for me' LOL xx

I love how all the people who have said 'i will do this with my child bla bla bla they wont behave like that in restaurants bla bla bla' don't have kids or a baby...

Do you need to have a child of your own to know you could do a better job? I don't believe so, it's people who parent badly that make me so determined to do a better job! Like I said, there's a big difference between looking down on every parent who's struggling with a child, and judging those who are clearly incompetent. I've often felt pity for a parent who's struggling because you can tell when someone is trying to solve the problem, and when someone is choosing to ignore/failing to even notice it!

:shrug: Yes. Unless you know the ins and outs of how they parent every day you shouldn't judge them at all.

So i need to have a child of my own to know i could be a better job than some one who is dragging a child down the street shouting things like "If you dont shut the fuck up im going to kick your fucking head in you stupid little c**t?" at a 3 year old?

I think not.

So i need to have a child of my own to know i could be a better job than some one who is dragging a child down the street shouting things like "If you dont shut the fuck up im going to kick your fucking head in you stupid little c**t?" at a 3 year old?

I think not.

I didn't really include parents who abuse their children :wacko:

My no 1 pet hate is parents trying to tell me how to look after there child, im talking about basic things like changing a nappy or making a bottle. Or if i offer advice they say some thing like "oh what do you know, you dont have kids"

Yet they know iv got an nvq in early years care and education. I dident spend nearly 2 YEARS learning about everything to do with babys and children from birth to 8 and not learn how to change a nappy or make a bottle.

Iv helped my mother rase my brothers and sister, i worked at a playgroup for over 3 years and look after my cusins one of which had adhd and aspergers. Some times im looking after 4/5 children and babys at a time.

Yet i cant give any help or advice because i havent popped one out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->