my epiphany (sp?)

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
was lay in bed lastnight and i had an epiphany...lol.. just thought id share...

rhys has a new best friend called Samuel, he lives on our road and there is a day between them age-wise. they play really well together and have play dates 2-3 times a week as well as playgroup together.

anyway, rhys and samuel have been invited to a pirate themed party next week and yesterday when we went to samuels his mum had bought some black cards for the kids to make their hats for their outfits. oufits... hmm... hadnt even thought about an outfit, or a hat, or anything really! so the kids decorated their hats with paint and glitter and we cut them out and they looked really really good. rhys had so much fun with the paints and helping make the hat..

back to me lying in bed... i was lay there thinking of how much fun rhys had with the activity and how well behaved samuel is and it was like a light went on in my head. activity=fun=good behavour! its not like i dont do stuff with rhys but he tends to play with toys rather than do activicties like painting and colouring.

so today i went out and bought some craft stuff and we have started making a 'old macdonald' poster with all the animals and we spent the morning learning animal names and noises. we've had so much fun! we're gonna take it to playgroup on wednesday to show everybody,

so really, ive had a change of heart about how i spend time with rhys. we're now gonna have a structured day of different activicties as well as toy time and story time. hopefully this will improve his behaviour and he'll go to bed earlier too

Glad you've found something he loves to do! Kids thrive on routine and knowing what is going to happen and when. I bet he will love doing more messy stuff with yout :happydance:

And then maybe you'll get a good nights sleep :-D

Glad you've both had such a lovely time! I hope I end up being a Mum like you are and do stuff like that with Ally :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->