My Evening Primrose Oil findings -the good, bad and ugly

If I wasn't TTC I would take it too, all the time I think.

I've decided that this cycle I'll take progresterone for a few days before AF is due to lengthen LP (I'm assuming EPO is going to shorten it again this cycle) and next month I'll be TTC EPO free, and I'll then report back here on the difference.

Hey NorthStar, what kind of progesterone are you going to take? I've often wondered about doing this to try to give implantation a chance... i'm a bit chicken though... especially when the prog. cream I got has 'do not use if you are pregnant or ttc' on it!

Hi googly, because my biggest issue (so far) is around timing the BD as my OH works away 2 weeks out of 4, I need my cycle dates to shift back a few days. My LP was fine(15/16 days) until I took EPO so this is my last EPO cycle, and I'm assuming my LP will only be 8 or 9 days again with the EPO.

About 2 days before I expect AF (I'll be symptom spotting my AF!) I'll start on the mini BCP (which is basically progresterone) and take that for 3-5 days, which will give me a decent length of LP and mean I can time BD for next month for when my OH is home, and I should have a regular LP with no EPO next month - phew!!!

Wow that's quite a mission! Interesting about the mini pill...

I know at least 2 people who got accidentally pregnant whilst taking the mini-pill - though I'm only taking it a few days, it's a handy tip as well if you are going on holiday or something.

And yeah my OH likes to refer to our TTC journey as "Mission Impossible" because of the timing factor, it's a total pain in the arse. If he worked somewhere a bit more accessible I could go up for a booty call, but it's damn near imposssible.:wacko:

Hi I have been taking EPO this cycle and find it interesting people have been having headaches because I have too.
I am a bit disappointed in EPO at the moment. I got a positive OPK (not sure if I Oed though) on day 13 and have had NO EWCM. I am so disappointed. I always get some, but this cycle nothing.
Also interesting the amounts people take I think I may have taken too much and dread how the rest of my cycle will go now.
Thanks for starting this thread. :flower:

Hi Mammatotwo, thanks for sharing your experiences, the headaches seem to be a common SE.

I wonder if you've actually O'd yet, am taking it that you don't temp?

Reason I say that is I felt that my body was gearing up to it but it took a looooong time to actually get there on my EPO cycles.

I didn't find I had MORE EWCM when I took EPO, necessarily... In fact I think it was quite a bit less than 'au naturelle'... but what it did do was spread it <ahem> over a greater number of days... So I had EWCM of some kind for 6 or 7 days rather than 3 or 4. I don't think I really needed it though, and given the ov delaying effect::: sayonara EPO!

I didn't find I had MORE EWCM when I took EPO, necessarily... In fact I think it was quite a bit less than 'au naturelle'... but what it did do was spread it <ahem> over a greater number of days... So I had EWCM of some kind for 6 or 7 days rather than 3 or 4. I don't think I really needed it though, and given the ov delaying effect::: sayonara EPO!

Thanks for your feedback, well next cycle I'll be au naturel also, that is the plan anyway, will see how my body reacts to the latest thing I'm doing to move my cycle dates LOL poor body, there's nothing wrong with my cycle which is prettty regular just not in sync with my OH:dohh:

Are you going ahead with the vitamin B6 next cycle?

One of the ladies on another thread told me it made her LP shorter, but a lot of others have said longer or no difference :wacko:

Hmm I'm not sure on the B6 any more... As the months go on it doesn't appear to be doing too much for me (in terms of lengthening LP). I don't think it's going to be a difference maker anyway...

I'm relying on the FS to come up with something now really! Have first appt on 10 Aug :thumbup:

Hi Mammatotwo, thanks for sharing your experiences, the headaches seem to be a common SE.

Reason I say that is I felt that my body was gearing up to it but it took a looooong time to actually get there on my EPO cycles.

I did not end up Oing around day 13 (no temp rise) but then but have got 3 positive OPK (cd 17, 18,19) with yesterdays -cd 18 being the darkest and I had ewcm. Not a lot though.
I did end up stopping EPO as I thought it was not helping and then I oed after stopping the EPO so maybe that was holding up my Oing???
Not sure if I am that impressed with EPO yet but will try it again next cycle I will just take a little less and stop around Cd10-12 in the hopes of Oing sooner.
Northstar I think I am the same with EPO my body wanted to O but just could not get there until I stopped. Hopefully I will finally get a temp rise tomorrow. I am so hoping everyday to see that temp rise and when I don't I feel so defeated lately :nope:.

googly I am also on B6 but that made my LP move from 11 to 9 last month, hoping this month I get a better result.

I also took soy this month too... are you seeing the crazy try everything TTCer in front of you now :wacko:

How is everyone else going on EPO? Any BFP feelings? Hopefully tomorrow I will finally be 1 dpo depending on that darn temp rising tomorrow.

:flower: I've started taking EPO following on from my MC in July as I thought it might help with the bleeding and to help get rid of what was left after I 'passed' LO. Been for my follow up scan this morning and the lining is thicker than the hospital would like, so I'm going to continue to take EPO until I've been given the all clear from the hospital to start TTC (& I can't wait).
So far I've noticed that I seem to be producing a lot more CM than I would normally :thumbup:, but as I've not had AF arrive yet can't comment too much at this stage. Once AF comes, I will update on my findings

:dust: to all & :hugs: to those that need one

I did not end up Oing around day 13 (no temp rise) but then but have got 3 positive OPK (cd 17, 18,19) with yesterdays -cd 18 being the darkest and I had ewcm. Not a lot though.
I did end up stopping EPO as I thought it was not helping and then I oed after stopping the EPO so maybe that was holding up my Oing???
Not sure if I am that impressed with EPO yet but will try it again next cycle I will just take a little less and stop around Cd10-12 in the hopes of Oing sooner.
Northstar I think I am the same with EPO my body wanted to O but just could not get there until I stopped. Hopefully I will finally get a temp rise tomorrow. I am so hoping everyday to see that temp rise and when I don't I feel so defeated lately :nope:.

googly I am also on B6 but that made my LP move from 11 to 9 last month, hoping this month I get a better result.

I also took soy this month too... are you seeing the crazy try everything TTCer in front of you now :wacko:

How is everyone else going on EPO? Any BFP feelings? Hopefully tomorrow I will finally be 1 dpo depending on that darn temp rising tomorrow.

That is similar to my experience in that it seems to take at least 4 days between stopping taking the EPO to O occuring. The second cycle I took extra EPO and it took 6 days from stopping to O.

So I had EWCM and OH and I were going at it every night and every monrning there was no temp shift! It was pretty frustrating, and like you I find it tough going to DTD every night, when I have to get up for work the next morning.

This month I was a bit better prepared plus OH was not home yet then out of the game with a migraine so it was only possible to DTD the day before and day of O, so I only had 2 days where I was FX for that temp shift

Next month I plan on stopping EPO on around CD6-7 as my regular O was CD10-12 and let Nature do it's own thing, I'l l be using the mini BCP to shift my cycle back a few days.

Will be interesting to see if I end up with another shortened LP, or not....

That is similar to my experience in that it seems to take at least 4 days between stopping taking the EPO to O occuring. The second cycle I took extra EPO and it took 6 days from stopping to O.

So I had EWCM and OH and I were going at it every night and every monrning there was no temp shift! It was pretty frustrating, and like you I find it tough going to DTD every night, when I have to get up for work the next morning.

This month I was a bit better prepared plus OH was not home yet then out of the game with a migraine so it was only possible to DTD the day before and day of O, so I only had 2 days where I was FX for that temp shift

Next month I plan on stopping EPO on around CD6-7 as my regular O was CD10-12 and let Nature do it's own thing, I'l l be using the mini BCP to shift my cycle back a few days.

Hey NorthStar - I stalked your chart - congrats on delaying your ov and getting some good timing going on your BD! It's good that you know what things like EPO do to you so you can use it to your advantage eh...

Hmm very similar experiences with EPO. I am hoping too that my LP is not short again. Fingers crossed that we both have better luck.
On a good note my temp rose this morning but I also got another very positive OPK. Not going to worry as my temp has risen so I have Oed now just waiting for a few more higher temps to confirm the O date.

Northstar this is my 1st day of my next cycle and i am just taking EPO on it's own with just my extra supplements. We will see when i get my ovulation dates this time i'm also charting too x

Northstar this is my 1st day of my next cycle and i am just taking EPO on it's own with just my extra supplements. We will see when i get my ovulation dates this time i'm also charting too x

Hey Jodes, sorry AF showed, though I know your DH was away working at the best time last month:dohh:

Yay for charting, I'll be really interested to hear your experiences this month, is it the 500mg capsules you are using?

Not much to report from me, apart from my skin has continued to be good, so I'm happy with that, I'm anxiously watching my chart for signs of impending AF since I ended up having to take EPO this cycle as well!

Hey Jodes, sorry AF showed, though I know your DH was away working at the best time last month:dohh:

Yay for charting, I'll be really interested to hear your experiences this month, is it the 500mg capsules you are using?

Not much to report from me, apart from my skin has continued to be good, so I'm happy with that, I'm anxiously watching my chart for signs of impending AF since I ended up having to take EPO this cycle as well!

No worries i was kinda expecting it to be negative this cycle. No i thought i would try taking 1000mg this cycle 2x500mg and see whether this makes any difference in EWCM. I've also bought some Flaxseed Oil capsules for after ovulation so fingers crossed. x

No worries i was kinda expecting it to be negative this cycle. No i thought i would try taking 1000mg this cycle 2x500mg and see whether this makes any difference in EWCM. I've also bought some Flaxseed Oil capsules for after ovulation so fingers crossed. x

Most people seem to take a higher dose than me, so 1000mg will prob be fine for you, I think I'm jsut quite sensitive to it. You could try the cough mixture for 5 days approaching O as well - just a thought?

Hi Ladies, I'm going to join you next cycle. For the past 3-4 cycles I had a very short folicular (sp?) phase. I O-ed on day 9-10. And my cycle went down to 22-23 days:( At least the LP length seems fine. .
One cycle was an IUI cycle, so it was monitored closely. O-ing that early was very bad, I had 2-3 follicles and they didn't have time to grow, they were all around 14 mm. So I need to lengthen the follicular phase. Fingers crossed that it works. I will let post how it goes. I never have headaches, so it will be interesting to see if I'll get the same SE as many of you did.

Hi Ladies, I'm going to join you next cycle. For the past 3-4 cycles I had a very short folicular (sp?) phase. I O-ed on day 9-10. And my cycle went down to 22-23 days:( At least the LP length seems fine. .
One cycle was an IUI cycle, so it was monitored closely. O-ing that early was very bad, I had 2-3 follicles and they didn't have time to grow, they were all around 14 mm. So I need to lengthen the follicular phase. Fingers crossed that it works. I will let post how it goes. I never have headaches, so it will be interesting to see if I'll get the same SE as many of you did.

Good luck with your next cycle, and I hope the EPO helps you, come back and post your findings next month! We've got a mixed bag of results on this thread, some good, some bad, some no change. I normally O CD10-12 I think, so EPO DEFINITELY delayed the O.:wacko:

Most people seem to take a higher dose than me, so 1000mg will prob be fine for you, I think I'm jsut quite sensitive to it. You could try the cough mixture for 5 days approaching O as well - just a thought?

I've bought some of that too :flower:

I'm sure that worked too - I hope it wasn't the Asda own make vomit flavoured one ha ha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->