My first CLOMID cycle... I want buddies!

I'll try to keep this short since this is my 1st time ever posting. I've been an avid stalker for some time now. :) I was on depo for many years and last injection was 8/12. I'm a proactive person, so when my period didn't return after 4 months I started pestering my OB for provera. He finally caved 6/7 months in but the 1st round didn't work. 2nd round of permarin and provera didn't work either. I was really anxious/nervous thinking something was wrong; ashermans syndrom, cervical stenosis.. I was stressed!! So one more round of premarin/provera before big tests like HSG's. Thank goodness it WORKED and AF arrived. I immediatley asked for Clomid and he complied with no fuss.. :) So here I am today, still moody from the side effects but I finished the last pill 8/22 and received my 1st positive OPK (solid smiley on Advanced Clear Blue Ovulation Test) I used to temp but haven't this round. I honestly didn't think it would work! I hope mid-September I get a BFP and that'll be that! good luck ladies. It's a long road.

Welcome OpheliaVY!! I hope we get out BFPs together in September!!

So what CD are you on now? I finished my last Clomid pill (actually pills due to nurse mishap) today which is CD 7 for me. I had a bad headache yesterday, but today feeling pretty stinkin' good lol. I have noticed an occasional twitch in my uterus/ovaries so I am hoping they are waking up. I am also having a lot of thin, watery CM. We go camping this weekend with our whole family, and I am really hoping our fertile time comes after that but I don't know. Awkward LOL!

I'm on cycle day 11. Which is why I was so surprised to already get a solid smiley! I've had bloating, sharp stabbing pains in my boobs, and some pains in my ovaries. I'm also having watery discharge. I took EPO to help with CM and just ate my weight in pineapples for a snack! Lol the moodiness was the worst side effect for me. It makes me crazy emotional. :/

It would be awkward to be with the family during your most fertile time. We are also going away with the extended family for the long weekend but we have to do what we have to do. At least my hubby is ok with it! I hope we get our BFP in September! I don't think I can handle another round of meds. Are you temping or using OPK's? Is our Dr. Monitoring you for the cycle? (Mine isn't)

My doc is not monitoring me by ultrasound, only by blood work on CD21 to see if I have ovulated. I used temperatures in all previous cycles to be sure I had ovulated, but this time I am using CBFM to make sure we are BDing at the right times. After that I will probably do some temping just to be sure I did infact ovulate. I have been a little emotional at times too with the Clomid, but sometimes I just have moods so I am not sure if it is due to the medicine or not lol.

I told hubby we need to do what we have to as well. May have to take a late night car ride away from camp. Haha!! *blushing*

My doc is not monitoring me by ultrasound, only by blood work on CD21 to see if I have ovulated.

Mine, too- I am glad to see that someone else hasn't yet been ordered to be monitored by ultrasound while on Clomid- I was beginning to loose faith in Dr.
Thanks for posting that!

Sure thing naturelady - that is what we are here for after all, to encourage and reassure each other!! :D

I will be leaving on a camping trip on Friday so if you don't hear much from me for a few days that is where I am. My hope is that I start into my fertile time right after we get back, but we'll see what happens!

Well, I'm cd10 today and no twinges from the clomid. I had lots of twinges by now last cycle and o'd on cd16. Getting worried. :cry: I do have watery cm so I'm hoping that's a good sign. I've been using robitussing to help with cm...at least that seems to be working!! :) Just getting over the hot flashes that seem to be a side effect I get with clomid.

Aww hang in there pink_kitty! Are you using OPKs to help pinpoint ovulation?

I had some hotflashes, too. I am on CD8 today and not feeling much different other than moody, but I have had a really hard day so I don't know that it is due to the Clomid.

FX!

Have any of you had splitting headaches on the days after Clomid? I took my last dose Monday; and Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (today) I have had the most debilitating headaches- and nothing other than going on Clomid has changed.
And, of course, I am TTC & these are my higher fertility days, so every day I have been struggling with the decision to take something (after exhausting all natural remedies- ginger, herbs, etc).
What would you do? Is anyone else dealing with this?
Thanks!

I DEFINITELY had the splitting headaches, especially on CD 6 which was my fourth day of taking the pills. I work at home, so I just rested a lot to get over it. I know what you mean about taking meds.... I mean if I have to I will, but I try to avoid it when possible. My headaches are much better now since I am off the Clomid.

Side note - Clomid seems to have caused my BBT to be REALLY high, like post-ovulation high. Anyone else noticing high temps from Clomid? I sure hope it doesn't mess with my chances of getting prego.

Solus -- I haven't been temping with this cycle because it's just been so aggravating. I did pop the themometer in my mouth yesterday morning and it was 98.41 (it's usually 97.7-97.9ish) so I was excited that it just may be a rise in temp to confirm ovulation. This morning I took it again.. 97.something; didn't even bother to care since it was low. Boo! Bummed out today!

Do you think the Clear Blue Advanced Ovulation gave me a fasle positive peak? I know it can give multiple high fertility days because of the clomid, but the insert said it shouldn't when it comes to peak days. I started testing the last day of clomid pill. 5th and 6th day were negative, 7th and 8th day were high fertility, 9th day is when I got peak and automatic smiley on day 10. I didn't trust it so I got out a never used before holder and tested. It was negative. :/ I knew the 1st test is just a baseline to go from so a few hours later I POAS and it was high fertility, and the next day was solid smiley. I'm so confused! I go for bloods on Tuesday to confirm ovulation but frankly I can't wait that long. This 2ww is going to drive me nuts. I'm tempted to go buy more ovulation sticks and continue POAS just to see what they say. I'm crazy!

Have you started using your CBFM yet? Are you going to back them up with regular or digital OPK's?

OpheliaVY - could it be that you just got a bad temp reading this morning? I know for me oral temping wasn't always reliable at times.

I can understand how you would be confused. I am using the CBFM for the first time this cycle and I am already feeling confused and haven't even used it yet lol! I am not backing the tests up just because they are already so expensive. We will see what happens.

So far my body temps are still sky high... I freaked today thinking that maybe I was already pregnant from the previous cycle so I took a test and it was negative. If they go up from here, I will be in the 100.1-100.9 degree range for ovulation. Yikes. That just doesn't seem right!

I am starting to notice a lot of twinges and crampy feelings down in my ovaries. I hope they are gearing up!! I took my first CBFM test today and it showed not fertile. My hope is that my fertile time holds off just a few more days while we are camping so we can get busy when we get home. :D I am not having any cervical mucus right now so I am hoping I start to get a lot of that soon as well.

Fx for us!

Have fun on the camping trip! Fx you'll be fertile when you get back! Are you taking anything to help with CM? Clomid can dry it up. I heard robitussin or mucinex helps. I took EPO up until solid smiley but never got EWCM. Just some watery CM.

We are going to use PreSeed if we aren't getting good EWCM. So hopefully that will do the trick!! We are about to head off to camp... we shall see what Tuesday holds!

Aww hang in there pink_kitty! Are you using OPKs to help pinpoint ovulation?

I had some hotflashes, too. I am on CD8 today and not feeling much different other than moody, but I have had a really hard day so I don't know that it is due to the Clomid.

FX!

I used opks last cycle and did get a positive...and thought I had 2 days of positives. I'm going to start using them again today (cd13). I've started having a few twinges today so I'm hoping I'll o even if it is a few days later than last cycle, which was my first clomid cycle.

I was reading another one of your posts about temps. My temps jump up to post-o levels while I'm taking clomid. My first clomid cycle my temps then dropped back down to normal pre-o levels 2 days after my last pill. Now this cycle my temps haven't dropped down to my normal pre-o levels. I'm hoping it won't interfere in detecting o. Why can't things just be consistent? haha!

Hi.
I got pregnant 1st cycle with clomid with my little boy. We are ttc 2nd now without clomid. But it seems to be taking ages. Hoping for a bfp next week. Good luck . If u need any advice just shout xxx

Hi.
I got pregnant 1st cycle with clomid with my little boy. We are ttc 2nd now without clomid. But it seems to be taking ages. Hoping for a bfp next week. Good luck . If u need any advice just shout xxx

I'm on my 2nd clomid cycle and you gave me hope by sharing that it worked for you in your first cycle. Thank you!!! GL to you in getting your bfp next week :hugs:

Update: 6 DPO and I have some bleeding. Spotting brown and some red. It's not enough for a tampon just a panty liner so it doesn't ruin my panties. Idk if this is a good sign or not. It just started so I'm anxious to see how long it lasts.. I thought it might be too early for implantation bleedin?!?. I guess only time will tell. At what point should I test? I was thinking around 9-11 but I don't think I can hold out that long. I'm suppose to have BW done tomorrow to confirm ovulation. So this bleeding kinda has me confused on what to do. Sigh!! So frustrating.

Solus, I'm excited for an update on the camping trip and to see if your high fertility kicked in during the getaway.

Hi.

This gives me so much hope. I had my first round of Clomid & am on the first day of my TWW.
Thank you for posting this... it really makes me feel hopeful after reading so many stories on here about people being on Clomid for ages & having nothing happen.
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"