My first CLOMID cycle... I want buddies!

Update on me: Bleeding for 3.5 days stopped all day yesterday.. Today - spotting again. I did take a PT (at the advice of the nurse) 2 were BFN and the 3rd messed up but I SWEAR there was a line in the window!! I'll be stopping by the drugstore tonight and take another one that isn't a cheapy. lol (POAS addict here and I'm shameless)

Good luck! Maybe wait until FMU to try again? FX'd :)
And thank you!

I'm on my first round of clomid. It seems like everyone around me is getting pg making things much more stressful. I had to use clomid with my first and it took forever to work. I'm hoping this time around doesn't take as long. Looking for some inspiration to keep my mind at ease.

Welcome Jaybug!

How are you ladies doing? Tomorrow is CD21 blood work for me. At this point, I am wondering if I might have possibly ovulated. If I did, the CBFM did not catch it. I guess tomorrow will tell!

Hi all, I'm pretty new, but also on my first round of clomid. I'm currently 7 dpo and trying not to lose my mind with the symptoms that scream pregnancy despite being too early.. I also started bbt late (1 dpo) and today had a big drop (hopeful that it's a good thing). In any case, how long did you all feel the symptoms?

Welcome Jaybug & Calebsmom :)
Solus- today (after work) is CD bloodwork for me. But since I had some strange things happening with my Ovacue this month, my hopes aren't that high.
How are you feeling? FX for good info from your BW!

Welcome Jaybug and CalebsMom fx to y'all this month!

I'm out this month I do believe, so I'm just stalking the thread. Still getting :bfn: everyday.

Naaturelady - I hope you get some positive news with the bloodwork! I think the 1st round for most people is a fluke. I have heard people getting :bfp: on 1st round though. I wasn't to hopefully with my issues. (lie, I thought this would be it - being an optimist sucks) Do you have a f/u appt with the Dr later or will he just give you more meds? I got tomorrow for results on if I did in fact ovulate. If so, I just got AF terribly early (total fluke, right??) and I'll stick to 50mg again. If not.. I'll go to 100 if the Dr gives the ok. Wish me luck.

Solus - Can't wait to hear your news... I bet you did ovulate and the monitor didn't register it. You might be one of the lucky ones to get the :bfp: very 1st round with not a single symptom!!! (I'm terribly optimistic, lol)

Hi all, I'm pretty new, but also on my first round of clomid. I'm currently 7 dpo and trying not to lose my mind with the symptoms that scream pregnancy despite being too early.. I also started bbt late (1 dpo) and today had a big drop (hopeful that it's a good thing). In any case, how long did you all feel the symptoms?

I know nothing of temping, so I can't give advice on the drop. Tried it, drives me nuts. I'm a POAS kinda gal! Sorry! I had terrible moodiness on Clomid.. Started around day 3 and lasted a few days after the last pill. Other than that, not much but bloating. I did get a positive on my ovulation sticks! Are you using those or just temping? Are you being monitored by the dr? Anyway, FX for you!

Naaturelady - I hope you get some positive news with the bloodwork! I think the 1st round for most people is a fluke. I have heard people getting :bfp: on 1st round though. I wasn't to hopefully with my issues. (lie, I thought this would be it - being an optimist sucks) Do you have a f/u appt with the Dr later or will he just give you more meds? I got tomorrow for results on if I did in fact ovulate. If so, I just got AF terribly early (total fluke, right??) and I'll stick to 50mg again. If not.. I'll go to 100 if the Dr gives the ok. Wish me luck.

Thanks, OpheliaVY, for the positive energy! I am like you, I thought/hoped that this would be it, but understand that it wasn't too likely. I do have a f/u with my Dr, but it isn't until October 1 (since we are going to be out of town for a little bit). I was planning to call & ask if I could get the next higher dose of Clomid to take on vacation with me in case AF comes, so I don't have to skip a month (I never know when AF is coming).
Do you think that's nuts?
FX'd for your BW results- hoping for good news for you :hugs:

Thanks, OpheliaVY, for the positive energy! I am like you, I thought/hoped that this would be it, but understand that it wasn't too likely. I do have a f/u with my Dr, but it isn't until October 1 (since we are going to be out of town for a little bit). I was planning to call & ask if I could get the next higher dose of Clomid to take on vacation with me in case AF comes, so I don't have to skip a month (I never know when AF is coming).
Do you think that's nuts?
FX'd for your BW results- hoping for good news for you :hugs:[/QUOTE]

I don't think that's crazy at all. I ask for meds all the time since the worst they can do is say no! I don't take no for an answer though. :) Have you asked for Provera to help start AF so you're not waiting and waiting? My Dr knows I hate waiting! We're becoming great friends! lol yeah right, I'm sure he's sick of me.

Can't wait to hear yours and Solus' results and I'll share mine tomorrow.

:holly: <-- Prob my fav smiley ever!

I don't think that's crazy at all. I ask for meds all the time since the worst they can do is say no! I don't take no for an answer though. :) Have you asked for Provera to help start AF so you're not waiting and waiting? My Dr knows I hate waiting! We're becoming great friends! lol yeah right, I'm sure he's sick of me.

Can't wait to hear yours and Solus' results and I'll share mine tomorrow.

:holly: <-- Prob my fav smiley ever!

I haven't thought of Provera... maybe if I don't get AF soon, I will ask my Dr for that- Thanks for the suggestion!
Looking forward to hearing your results, too- my hope for mine is that it gives me something to work with- some identifiable thing to solve!
:holly: That made me laugh at the end of a hard day!

Well, according to my temps I have still not ovulated. I thought I might have ovulated yesterday because my dyslexia played tricks on me, so I thought my 97.8 reading was a 98.7 reading. LOL.... what can I say? Temp is still low today and going in for blood work in a few hours. I prolly won't get the results for a few days yet, but I am already wondering what will be the next course of action. Since they started me on this very first cycle on 100 mg by mistake, I wonder if they will go up on the next cycle to 150 since I didn't ovulate on time this cycle? I guess we will see.

I know nothing of temping, so I can't give advice on the drop. Tried it, drives me nuts. I'm a POAS kinda gal! Sorry! I had terrible moodiness on Clomid.. Started around day 3 and lasted a few days after the last pill. Other than that, not much but bloating. I did get a positive on my ovulation sticks! Are you using those or just temping? Are you being monitored by the dr? Anyway, FX for you!

I am usually a POAS girl too but decided to try this too. I did get positive OPK's (I test 2-3 times a day). I was moody and now I'm just weepy and feel physically uncomfortable. Hubby feels the bloating, especially on the left, so I know I'm not hallucinating. I had a big drop yesterday (97.60 down to 97.18) and today it was up (97.73). I have learned that can be something or nothing which is why temping sucks. ](*,) No RE yet, my OB is letting me do 2 cycles of clomid before sending me on so no real monitoring either. :wacko:

Hi everyone I've been ttc for over 3 years now I've never had a pregnancy
I was given clomid last year by my gp for 3 months and this was unsuccessful
so me n the hubby were refered to the fertilty clinic I had an uss and it was normal had my bloods checked on day 3 and they were Normal hubby's sperm test all normal aswell, we went to our second appointment and the dr said he wants to try me on clomid again for 6 months I'm not due to start it until next month and I'm very nervous and scared incase this doesn't work for us again the doc said after the 6 months with clomid if there's no positive outcome we'l have to go dwn the ivf route. I'm 24 n I just can't believe that it might have to come to that I thought if have some more options before ivf.

Welcom Cais2013 - Fertility, or lack there of, is extremely frustrating! My advice to you: If you're 24 and everything is normal as far as b/w, spermies, uterus, tubes.. etc. Give it some time and get a 2nd opinion. The IVF route should be a last resort and surely there's a million other things a Dr can do before that even comes up. Normal, fertile couples with no issues have only a 15-20% chance to conceive each month. Crazy, I know! Clomid should just be the 1st step. My Dr said after that we can try femera. Then there's injectables and IUI's... That's just a few different methods I know of before IVF should even be brought up. I'd tell my Dr he's a nut if he mentioned that to me. Def do research on everything. TTC is an emotional roller coaster so being educated is the number 1 way to help acheive that goal faster. Don't be afraid to ask questions. If you don't like the answer, go ask a different Dr. FX for you!

Update on me: B/W results stunk like a skunk. Progesterone is at .7something so if I did ovulate it was very very very weak. He did say that starting AF 6 days after my + OPK leads him to believe I have a luteal phase defect. (googled it and it's common after depo shot) So he upped my Clomid to 100.. I can't start until I have AF again. Which isn't due until 10-1 (damn it I hate waiting) That is if it even starts like it's suppose to, which I highly doubt.. If not... I have to take provera for 10 days to induce it (but not until AF is a week late 10/7), AF could start 3-14 after last Provera pill (10/21), add another 5 days for CD 5-9 (10/26), That means September and October are totally a bust! ARG!

This girl doesn't like to just sit and wait around.. so tonight I'm going to get some Fertility Blend and see if that helps any whatsoever.(any thoughts?) At least I'll be doing something. I'm also monitoring this cycle starting today, CD 10 with my POAS addiction!

Hi Opheliavy thanks for the advice I'm really trying to stay
Optimistic and hopeful and hopefully the next 6 months will
Work out and ill not even have to considerate it. How has your
Mood been with allof this sometimes I'm fine n then I see a prego
Lady which I see alot of I work in a doctors, n then I jus hit rock
Bottom I'm so sick of constantly thinking is this the month and then
Of course it's not I just recently bought pre natal vitamins and omega
Capsules I read that they help with fertlity probly nonsense but I'm goin
To give it ago. N then i start my clomid again on oct, I really hope everything works out for you this month it's Such a struggle and i dont think anyone
who has never been in this situation will ever understand how mentally and physically draining it can be be on a person Try and take care of yourself and baby dust to all you girlies xxxx

Argh, OpheliaVY, sorry to hear that the BW wasn't the best news- I had my fingers crossed for you :(
As far as Fertility Blend, I have heard good things, and IMO anything like that (a non-drug, do no harm type thing) is a case of "it couldn't hurt". If I hear of any success stories, I will let you know!

To give it ago. N then i start my clomid again on oct, I really hope everything works out for you this month it's Such a struggle and i dont think anyone
who has never been in this situation will ever understand how mentally and physically draining it can be be on a person Try and take care of yourself and baby dust to all you girlies xxxx

I'm probably considered clinically depressed but I just turn that depression into obsession really. I've had to take my facebook down a few times because I can't stand to see all of these pregnancy announcements. Drives me mad. I believe I watch 16 and pregnant/Teen Mom just so I can curse at the TV. lol I just know that it'll happen one day. If my cycle works out the way it's supposed to I'll be taking Clomid next month so we can be buddies. :) baby dust to you hun! It'll all work out!

Argh, OpheliaVY, sorry to hear that the BW wasn't the best news- I had my fingers crossed for you :(
As far as Fertility Blend, I have heard good things, and IMO anything like that (a non-drug, do no harm type thing) is a case of "it couldn't hurt". If I hear of any success stories, I will let you know!

Thanks naturelady! I've read good things about it and I'll try anything.

So you're on CD 28 and had B/W done yesterday? When will you know the results? Surely you'll get them before your f/u on the 1st.. Right?

I hope AF doesn't hold out on you. If Clomid made mine come on early hopefully it'll make yours come on time! FX But that means you'll be skipping a cycle too. Blah!

I'm probably considered clinically depressed but I just turn that depression into obsession really. I've had to take my facebook down a few times because I can't stand to see all of these pregnancy announcements. Drives me mad. I believe I watch 16 and pregnant/Teen Mom just so I can curse at the TV. lol I just know that it'll happen one day. If my cycle works out the way it's supposed to I'll be taking Clomid next month so we can be buddies. :) baby dust to you hun! It'll all work out!

Omg!! I'm convinced I watch teen mom for the exact same reason!! I get so angry at them and then yet I tune in for the next show. Go figure! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->