My first CLOMID cycle... I want buddies!

Hi.
I got pregnant 1st cycle with clomid with my little boy. We are ttc 2nd now without clomid. But it seems to be taking ages. Hoping for a bfp next week. Good luck . If u need any advice just shout xxx

This gives me so much hope. I had my first round of Clomid & am on the first day of my TWW.
Thank you for posting this... it really makes me feel hopeful after reading so many stories on here about people being on Clomid for ages & having nothing happen.
:)

Good Luck, Naturelady!! I hope this is your bfp cycle!! :happydance: I'm waiting to o and keeping my fingers crossed :hugs:

Update - today is CD15 for me. I got my first "flashing smiley" on the CBFM on Monday (CD13), and today I got another flashing smiley. My body just isn't showing any signs of ovulation so I don't think I am going to get a solid smiley for a while yet. I am beginning to think that the Clomid is just not going to work for me. You'd think after having been given an extra high dose that it would have worked straight away, but so far nothing.

AND I got a yeast infection during our camping trip. Ugh! Those are the worst. I think it is going away now though, thank goodness. I hope that doesn't affect our chances if we do ovulate soon. How are you ladies faring?

AND I got a yeast infection during our camping trip. Ugh! Those are the worst. I think it is going away now though, thank goodness. I hope that doesn't affect our chances if we do ovulate soon. How are you ladies faring?

Oh- so sorry to hear that, but glad it is going away...
I am just driving myself insane every time I get a pull or a cramp, I am symptom spotting... I try so hard to ignore it, but... blood tests for me next Monday :(
Welcome back, though!

Hi Ladies...I'm really stressing out right now about o. This is my 2nd clomid cycle. Last cycle I o'd on cd16 with clomid. Today is cd17...lots of cramps/twinges, but still no o and no ewcm like last cycle. Clomid has done some weird things to my temps this cycle too. They didn't get as high during clomid as they did last cycle and then my temps stayed higher after coming off clomid. :shrug: My temps are usually 36.48 celsius or lower, but this time my pre-o temps are 36.48-36.68. For perspective, my coverline during my first clomid cycle was 36.54. Go figure! I'm nervous ff won't be able to detect o if my temps are fluctuating to where my post-o temps usually go. ARGH!!! I thought last cycle clomid was going to take all the guessing out of my cycles and now I just feel like here I go again with crazy cycles and no consistency :cry: Sorry for the vent...I just feel so frustrated right now!

Blood tests for me are coming up a week from today, so next Wednesday. Fingers crossed for us both, naturelady. It sure does help to know others are out there in the same position I am!! Baby dust to us both. :)

pink_kitty - I feel your pain entirely. I was hoping Clomid would take all the guesswork out for me too... and then I find out that the CBFM that I am using doesn't even show your peak fertile day on the first cycle of use. Yayness.

This long-term making babies stuff is really hard. Just try to keep your chin up and know that we are in it with you, wondering what this or that twitch means. Fingers crossed we all get healthy, happy babies very, VERY soon. Love to all my Clomid ladies!!

Solus- hate to hear about the yeast infection. Those really are the worst! Pink kitty I share in your frustration with the clomid, temps and just out right confusion. It turns out my bleeding is full blown AF... 6 DPO!!! The nurse didn't seem to have a clue as to why it came on so early, way to early for implantation bleeding and too heavy.. So I went for blood work today just to make sure I ovulated and I guess I'll be starting from scratch. I have another appointment Tuesday for results and further direction. Grrrrr. Good luck to everyone! Pink kitty I think you'll O soon!! Fx for y'all!

Solus- hate to hear about the yeast infection. Those really are the worst! Pink kitty I share in your frustration with the clomid, temps and just out right confusion. It turns out my bleeding is full blown AF... 6 DPO!!! The nurse didn't seem to have a clue as to why it came on so early, way to early for implantation bleeding and too heavy.. So I went for blood work today just to make sure I ovulated and I guess I'll be starting from scratch. I have another appointment Tuesday for results and further direction. Grrrrr. Good luck to everyone! Pink kitty I think you'll O soon!! Fx for y'all!

I'm sorry you ended up with af at 6dpo!! That just plain sucks!!! I hope things straighten out for you soon. I certainly wouldn't want to wish this on anyone, but at least we're not alone :hugs:

Pink kitty are you using OPK's to detect ovulation or just temping?

Dang OpheliaVY - that is the worst!!! I hope next cycle things straighten out for you.

It turns out my bleeding is full blown AF... 6 DPO!!! The nurse didn't seem to have a clue as to why it came on so early, way to early for implantation bleeding and too heavy.. So I went for blood work today just to make sure I ovulated and I guess I'll be starting from scratch. I have another appointment Tuesday for results and further direction. Grrrrr. Good luck to everyone! Pink kitty I think you'll O soon!! Fx for y'all!
Sorry to hear about this :(

Pink kitty are you using OPK's to detect ovulation or just temping?

Just temping...I haven't had much luck with opks in the past. I might buy a couple today though just because I'm getting desperate to know what's going on. I'm getting so tired of the guessing. It's been this way for 11 months now and I thought clomid had taken away all the guessing. I'll try to be patient :wacko:

Today marks six days of the darn blinkey smiley. I want a solid already!! I have tried ovulation kit predictors in the past without luck. Looks like things haven't changed much! I also still feel no signs of oncoming ovulation, so I am thinking that by CD21 blood work (Tuesday) it is going to look like I'm not ovulating. I wonder what my next dose will be since this one was 100 mg? I guess we will see.

How are you ladies doing?

Today marks six days of the darn blinkey smiley. I want a solid already!! I have tried ovulation kit predictors in the past without luck. Looks like things haven't changed much! I also still feel no signs of oncoming ovulation, so I am thinking that by CD21 blood work (Tuesday) it is going to look like I'm not ovulating. I wonder what my next dose will be since this one was 100 mg? I guess we will see.

How are you ladies doing?

I am in a similar boat, Solus- I use OvaCue to predict & got my high readings with "confirmed" O on the 30th-- then the night before last got another "confirmed" O (9/4). After some research, I have come to the conclusion that the most likely thing that happened was that I tried to O & failed & my body tried again. Which means neither happened.

I am only on 50 mg at this time- for my first round- and getting blood work next Monday, to see what's up. Is 100 mg the next step? Do they do 150 mg?

I am trying to be positive (for us both) that this means that the Clomid is working like it is supposed to, but needs to be a higher dosage.

FX for the future (and I will still be testing the 16th if I don't get AF, since hope springs eternal...)

Well, they accidentally started me on 100 mg for this first round, which is why I am even more frustrated it is not working. Since they made a mistake on this first round, if I don't ovulate, I am not sure what will come next.

Fingers crossed for us both. So what CD are you on currently, naturelady?

Well, I am on CD 24 (but I have super irregular periods- so they had me on Progesterone to clear me for some sample testing and then put me on Clomid CD 9- 14, assigned BD days 14-18, then blood tests day 27, poas tests the following week, and Dr appt follow up).
If I ever regulated to a normal 28-30 day cycle without being on BC, it was a total fluke.
Which makes it tougher, because I can't even use CD to figure anything out.

To my knowledge, the half life of Clomid is around 6 weeks, so it will be in our systems for a while. I found a few people on another forum that said that they have been given 150 mg after 100. So, it appears as if they can still increase your dosage.

Don't loose hope for next month!

I'm not sure how to use the quote system on this thing yet. So I'll try to reply to a few in this quick reply thing..

Solu - I've heard that the FM and Clear Blue Advanced ovulation tests use the 1st month as a base line to our hormones. I got 10 blinking smiley the first round without Clomid. 2nd time w/Clomid - 2 neg - 2 blinkies - 2 positives. I haven't taken anymore since AF or whatever this is that's happening right now.

Naturelady - I'm sorry your cycles are so irregular. I feel your pain. That's why we're here, to get and give support :) I hope your BW says you did O; but if not, at least it tried to gear you up and there's hope that the next round with a higher dosage will do the trick! FX!!

Pink lady - I'd def get some ovulation sticks to confirm O. I couldn't imagine not POAS and having to guess! lol That would drive me CRAZY!

Update on me: Bleeding for 3.5 days stopped all day yesterday.. Today - spotting again. I did take a PT (at the advice of the nurse) 2 were BFN and the 3rd messed up but I SWEAR there was a line in the window!! I'll be stopping by the drugstore tonight and take another one that isn't a cheapy. lol (POAS addict here and I'm shameless)

I'm not sure how to use the quote system on this thing yet. So I'll try to reply to a few in this quick reply thing..

Solu - I've heard that the FM and Clear Blue Advanced ovulation tests use the 1st month as a base line to our hormones. I got 10 blinking smiley the first round without Clomid. 2nd time w/Clomid - 2 neg - 2 blinkies - 2 positives. I haven't taken anymore since AF or whatever this is that's happening right now.

Naturelady - I'm sorry your cycles are so irregular. I feel your pain. That's why we're here, to get and give support :) I hope your BW says you did O; but if not, at least it tried to gear you up and there's hope that the next round with a higher dosage will do the trick! FX!!

Pink lady - I'd def get some ovulation sticks to confirm O. I couldn't imagine not POAS and having to guess! lol That would drive me CRAZY!

Update on me: Bleeding for 3.5 days stopped all day yesterday.. Today - spotting again. I did take a PT (at the advice of the nurse) 2 were BFN and the 3rd messed up but I SWEAR there was a line in the window!! I'll be stopping by the drugstore tonight and take another one that isn't a cheapy. lol (POAS addict here and I'm shameless)

Ophelia...ooh - a line in the window?! :happydance: Get more tests!!! I'm really hopeful for you :hugs: Let us know how it goes!

Well it looks like ff thinks I o'd. :happydance: Finally!! I'm cautiously optimistic in case it changes its mind. FF can be finicky and change o days on me. So here's hoping it really was o!! Next cycle I'm going to get some opks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->