• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My first month of OPK... surge coming??

Jokerette

Mama of 2
Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first month doing OPK's. This morning was CD 14 test... It looks like it is getting darker to me... do you think I should test again tonight? Days CD 11 and 12 were midday tests, the rest were all first morning urine. That could be why 11 and 12 are lighter.

I do not have any EWCM yet... any comments, thoughts? Its fun to test!!!
Is it looking like I might surge soon?

Attachments

• opk.jpg
    opk.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 61
I would deffinately be testing twice a day for the next 2-3 days, you should get a positive very soon. I would say maybe even this evening or tomorrow ! :)

Get BDing good luck !

you should not do opks with first morning urine..
best time to test is between 10 am and 8pm most ppl test twice a day around midday and 6pm.
keep testing

oooh, really? I did not know that! Why is it bad to do opk's with first morning urine?

I have EWCM!!! Woo hoo... cant wait to get home from work tonight to do another OPK

its just because the lh hormones builds up throughout the day :)

I just reread my directions and they say "first urine of the day"... I wonder why that is. I just did another test and there was barely anything... the faintest of a line... should i get a different brand? these are just CVS cheapies I guess

Attachments

• opk2.jpg
    opk2.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 14
I had the CVS ones too and wasn't sure why they said to use FMU when I had read that LH builds up throughout the day. It's all so very confusing!! I guess if you did FMU it could pick up if your surge happened the previous day, but then there's also the possibility of missing your surge if it's short. I find myself doing it 3x's a day this week...which feels ridiculous and I still can't help it! :shrug:

Lisa did you get positives? At what time did your strongest lines show? I wonder if I should go buy another kind....

Well, I started getting paranoid that I was going to miss my surge. So I went and bought the Clearblue Digi's, which I did get a positive on. I was silly and had already thrown out my CVS ones, looking back on it I wish I could have tested with a CVS one too. This month I am using both CB Digi's, and IC's...alternating and wishing for the best. I would love to only use the digi's but they are so stinking expensive. So, sorry for the long post with nothing useful to say! :haha:

LOL... no problem! I was tempted to do the same thing... but then i figure I'll just BD every day for a while and it wont really matter.. and ill keep doing thr CVS brand a couple times a day... my husband is happy about that!

I just ordered some IC opk's and some IC hpts :)

Gotta love those online purchases, haha. I'll keep you posted as to whether or not I like the IC OPKs. I mean, I do like them so far, just worried that I'm missing my surge. Good luck to you, keep in touch! :hugs:

I will definitely keep in touch! Good luck to you too!! :)

No positive yet :( I hope I didn't miss it. I just bought some clearblue digitals and that was a neg. I kind of thought I'd Ov by now. I'm on CD15. My last four cycles have been 29,27,26,28. Do you think I missed my O?

No positive for me yet either!! Boo!

Your pos might still be coming, maybe you have a luteal phase that's 12-ish days, and if your cycle is going to be 28 or 29 days, your OV day could be CD 16 or 17.

Sooo - I was in CVS earlier and bought more OPKs (it's a problem, I know). This time I got the mid-stream ones. The instructions for these say "For best results, perform the test at about the same time each day, between 10am and 8pm". How weird that the instuctions vary!!

Haha Lisa we need to stop shopping! Just kidding. Any OPK + for you yet? What cycle day are you today? Today I'm CD16... FX for both of us!!!

I'm starting to feel like i either missed my surge or its not coming... ugh... My cycle is 26-29 days so I would have thought I'd have it by now. We have been BD-ing every other day for the past week though, so thats good!

Attachments

• opk2.jpg
    opk2.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 18
Jokerette, your OPKs can jump around in darkness a bit. They don't necessarily have to always show a light to dark gradual progression. Mine have been jumping around the whole time and then I finally got a dark one last nigh. So just stick with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->