My first TWW!

Well my temp went up another .3 this morning, and I took an hpt with a blaring BFN. I have more spotting that I'm pretty sure is just early AF. (Supposed to start in 5 days) This has only happened to me one other time in my life, and if course it's when we have our first month of ttc! Oh well, I guess the bright side is I can have more time to chart and really figure out my norms. My question is, when do I say it's cd1 again? I had spotting on the 10th, 12th, and now bright red today (13th) I've heard some say to count it as cd1 on the day you get your normal flow. Aaaaaa! So confusing sometimes...

Devans, wait it out a couple days and if you keep bleeding count today as CD1. If you bleed off and on, count whatever day you have full flow as CD1. What day are you on now? I wouldn't count yourself out just yet unless it's decently heavy. Sorry you're in limbo.

Alicia - I'm cracking up at your post because I just had my first pregnancy laugh-cry. I started out laughing hysterically with OH and at some point, it went from a laugh to bawling my eyes out! :haha: I was just looking at baby names, sheesh! Probably has something to do with the lack of sleep and hormones.

Sooooo happy for all you ladies with BFPs!!! Grow babies, grow!!!

AF showed up last night. She is in full force today. If I remember (I better!), I will start temping tomorrow morning. I'm really hopeful that October will be my month!!! :)

Tori- FX for an October BFP!! :)

Devans- if I were to guess I'd say to count the first day of your period as the first day you get any spotting/bleeding at all. It starts & stops sometimes and sometimes varies in length but it's the start date that's important to nail down. I think.

LiLi- haha I just cracked up re-reading my post too cuz I feel fine now and reading back over it I was listing out all these things that were wrong and the whole time I was reading it just thinking "ooooor maybe it's just the hormones Alicia.." Haha. Thank God for patient loving husbands <3

Well I ordered some special decaf tea that's safe online. I can't wait to get it in the mail!!! Hopefully that'll take the edge off these withdrawals I'm going through.

I officially made it 2 days past AF! I think I'm in the clear! Hope is rising! :cloud9:

Sorry the witch got you, Tori. :( Keep us updated this cycle!

I finally got some rest last night. 5 or 6 hours probably. I'm still exhausted though. I feel pretty normal today other than some pinching down there and being so tired.

Hello everyone!
Well still no AF, today I'm 3 days past her:thumbup:
I've been having lower abd cramps and pains though that give me a scare sometimes. I don't think I'll really feel like I'm in the clear even a little bit until my first doctor's appointment in 3 1/2 weeks.

LiLi, you have a docs appointment coming up right? Let me know how it goes!!

Making homemade chocolate chip cookies and packing up our apartment today :) It's a good Sunday with my love :) Even decided to eat some cookie dough (such a rebel). I ALSO ordered some decaf tea from online that's safe without the trace chemicals that are often found on other decaf coffees/teas.
Can't wait for it to arrive!!

Hello everyone!
Well still no AF, today I'm 3 days past her:thumbup:
I've been having lower abd cramps and pains though that give me a scare sometimes. I don't think I'll really feel like I'm in the clear even a little bit until my first doctor's appointment in 3 1/2 weeks.

LiLi, you have a docs appointment coming up right? Let me know how it goes!!

Making homemade chocolate chip cookies and packing up our apartment today :) It's a good Sunday with my love :) Even decided to eat some cookie dough (such a rebel). I ALSO ordered some decaf tea from online that's safe without the trace chemicals that are often found on other decaf coffees/teas.
Can't wait for it to arrive!!

Yay for being late! Heck, I'm a week late and I still don't feel in the clear. lol Where did you order tea from? I almost drank some chamomile tea the other night, but decided to look up whether it was safe or not for pregnancy... I read mixed things on it so I ended up just smelling it instead of drinking it. :haha:

I have my first appointment tomorrow. I'm so nervous. I am just praying so hard that everything goes well and we get good news.

Alicia, there is a private facebook group that someone over in First Tri just started for babies due in May/June. I just joined it - you should too! So far, the few ladies on there seem very nice and supportive. :)

OH and I had a fight earlier... my emotions are kind of a mess. It wasn't so much a "fight" as both of us having a stress-breakdown about money. But now of course I'm stressing out about being stressed! I need to relax.

Nice! Could you send me the link to the facebook group? I'll join in! As long as it won't show up on my newsfeed... it won't right? Private? No one knows I'm preggo yet!! That'd be a terrible way for people to find out!

Sorry about the fight. Anything that causes stress (I think money has got to be in the top 3) are hot topics for arguments cuz emotions are on-edge from all the stress. Hang in there, stay patient, talk it out openly and honestly. You're a team and everything will work out in the end.

I'm sure with a baby on the way the thought of the money it's gonna cost is daunting... I know the thought was scary for my hubby and I. Especially because we'll be going from a double-income-no-kids to a single income when the baby comes because he really wants me to be able to stay home with the baby and any future kids (as do I). But also remember they don't cost nearly as much as advertisements want us to think they do. There's so much unnecessary stuff that new parents get sucked into.

Food, clothing, shelter, healthcare, and love :) that's it!

Hang in there! Relax for the baby, and just keep reminding yourself of all the blessings in your life and don't let your mind dwell on the worries--it's wasted energy!

Making a delicious batch of homemade cookies does wonders as well :)

Message me with your name as it appears on FB and I will add you to the group :) Yes, it is a "secret" group so nobody can see it except for you.

I am trying really hard to just relax. Going to church in a couple hours and just took a little nap snuggling with my dogs.

Homemade cookies sound awesome... if I had the energy to go grocery shopping, I would make some. I might have to now that I'm thinking about them. lol

Hi ladies, glad things are all going well! It'll be so handy to have all this info here to check back on when I get my BFP!!

AF left thurs/fri, so I'm just chilling out and waiting to see if I O sometime next weekend - 30 more OPKs arrived yesterday, so my POAS addiction will be sated again soon!

Hi ladies, glad things are all going well! It'll be so handy to have all this info here to check back on when I get my BFP!!

AF left thurs/fri, so I'm just chilling out and waiting to see if I O sometime next weekend - 30 more OPKs arrived yesterday, so my POAS addiction will be sated again soon!

Yaay! Round 2 coming up!! :)

Speaking of POAS addiction...

for the first time the test line was darker than the control line!!! Yaay progress!

It was my last HPT. No mas for me

Attachments

• 18dpo.jpg
    18dpo.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 8
FX for you this cycle, SadakoS! And check in with us often :)

Nice test, Alicia! I think you're pregnant. I stopped peeing on sticks when the control and test line were equal last Tuesday. But that's only because I ran out of tests. :haha:

How're my ladies doing today?

Hi SadakoS!
All is well with me! I've been staying super busy working 50-60 hours/week and in the middle of moving!

Gotta save up for the baby! (that's probably the most optimistic statement I've ever made reguarding believing everything will be ok! progress.)

My first appointment is in 3 weeks! It's so hard for my hubby to free himself from work but he got some coworkers to cover for him so he could be there with me! thank God!

How are you? When do you ovulate next? Can't be far from now! :)

Hey ladies! I forgot to update here...

I had my first scan yesterday. I really like my doctor and he found the gestational sac very easily (in my uterus, where it should be - yay!). It appeared immediately when he inserted the probe, which was a shock. I was expecting him to have to look around for a bit. It wasn't bad. I was expecting discomfort, but I honestly wasn't even thinking about what was happening because I was too nervous. lol

Well, he took measurements very quickly and didn't take any time at all in there. He was done in probably 40 seconds after finding the baby, then taking a look at both ovaries. The sac measured 6mm, which according to him was 4w1d but according to every study and online article I've read means 4w6d (I was approximately 5w0d, so 4w6d would be almost right on). I got really paranoid and asked to come back for another scan in 2 weeks and he was like "absolutely, come on in and I'll do a quick scan on the house", which was so nice. We won't even have to pay for it. Anyway, there wasn't much to see, just the sac and a small lighter area which I think is the beginning of a yolk sac. I was so nervous and overwhelmed that I forgot to ask any questions at all and by the time he was gone I said to OH "but... I didn't ask any questions!" lol Next time. I have a scan in 2 weeks, then another 2 weeks after that.

I honestly don't really feel any more at ease. He said 25% of pregnancies still fail at this point and that didn't ease my mind at all! But he didn't seem concerned about anything, so I guess that's good.

How are you SadakoS? And you other ladies?

holy cow, 25%?!?!?

I don't like this doc's odds. Geez.

He sounds very nice. I understand how not seeing much doesn't provide much comfort. I've been googling "what a 4/5/6/7 week baby looks like on ultrasound" to see what to expect. I'm almost tempted not to even do it unless it's necessary until further along..

I read somewhere that getting too many ultrasounds is bad for the baby so now I'm worried about that. :p always somthing.. ha.
I'll talk to the doctor and see what she says

Dot worry, Ultrasounds are not bad for the baby. If they were done every day it might be a bit too much disturbance, but high risk pregnancies get scanned every 1-2 weeks and they wouldn't do that to an already at-risk baby if it were harmful. :) my mom is a sonographer and told me the only way they could hurt the baby is if they kept pressure from the probe on it for a long time. If you can get one at 7 weeks, I'd do it. You will be able to see the heartbeat by then, which will give you peace of mind as m/c chances decrease once the heartbeat is observed.

I have horrible indigestion/heartburn tonight. I am ordering a pregnancy tea sampler box from vine.com that has several different types of tea such as nausea tea, heartburn tea, and anxiety tea. I'm excited to try them :) I've never shopped at vine.com but it's so great... Everything is organic and the organic cleaners we usually use are so much cheaper. Plus you get 20% off your first order and they have all sorts of pregnancy stuff. Neat!

The doctor sounds good, LiLi, very nice of him to offer you another scan for free! Things are so different in the UK (well on the NHS, probably different again if you have private healthcare!), I'm pretty sure you don't see a doctor until about 8 weeks, and first scan isn't until after that, maybe at 12 weeks? I don't think the vaginal type scans are common here at all, unless, like you say, there's a high-risk with the pregnancy.
I'm going to check out that Vine.com as well, I wonder if they ship to the uk...
Alicia, I know what you mean about work, I'm working crazy hours at the moment because my work is sooo busy! Time will go quicker this way though, so that's one bonus!
I'm CD10 today, so I'm going to start checking with OPKs again now, since I don't know how long this part of my cycle is going to be. I'm guessing I'll O sometime at the weekend or just after, which is great, more time for BD! :haha:

Yay! Glad you're getting close to O!! I have my fingers and toes crossed that this is your cycle! Have fun and enjoy your OH. Do you use preseed or anything? :)

Well ladies... Drumroll please!

image.jpg

I couldn't resist. My doctor said that since we aren't doing betas or anything that I could use the clearblue conception tests and if they progress, that's is a very good sign as they are quite accurate unless you have multiples. So yay! I'm 3w2d since conception and only 5 days since I took the one that said "2-3", so this is good! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->