• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My IVF (ICSI) diary

hey FJL :hugs:

What protocol are you on? could they change it to another?

GROW FOLLIES GROW!!!

Whats AMH?

They have me on an agonist and FSH. There was no mention of upping the dosage. I thought they would for sure but nope, no mention of it.

I cannot stop crying this morning, i'm just so sick of getting my hopes up only to be kicked in the guts. I have to go to work but I REALLY don't want to, its only for a few hours so hopefully I can hold back the tears for that time.

I feel convinced that this cycle will be cancelled. I can't think positive, i'm just too scared of getting my hopes up with anything. I know negative thinking isn't good, but i've done a shit load of positive thinking before and thats done sweet fuck all.

Thanks for your support girls.

The AMH test tells ovarian reserve etc and depending on the level that comes bk that gives clinic the best idea on what drug package is best suited to them, I will b keeping everything crossed for u that things get better over weekend, so sorry huni wish could take some of the pain away 4 u.:hugs::hugs:

xxxx

So sorry to hear this FJL!!!! I will pray for you so that those follies grow to the correct size over the weekend!!! Lot's of luck!
:hugs::hugs:

:hugs: FJL
a couple of days can still make a big difference.my follicles grew alot over two days.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you

How are you doing today chick? :hugs:

Hey Loula, still feeling like shit. Have spoken to a girl on an Aussie IVF forum as she's had a few cancelled cycles and she said that if that happens they generally do a long down reg (which is what i've just fucking well done) with a months break inbetween.

So if she's right that means that if indeed this cycle is a bust, I will have to wait another 2 1/2 months to get back to where I am now.

I am so bloody sick of waiting :hissy:

It was only 4 days ago that I was starting to feel really well, I was being positive, getting back to doing things I used to enjoy etc, and now this and i'm a bitter, negative, angry soul again...

:hug:just wanted to let u know I'm thinking of you and hope things are growing nicely for you wish I could do more 4 u

xx:hugs:

Hiya hun

I just wanted to wish you SO MUCH luck for this cycle - I don't understand IVF much but I do hope your cycle will not be cancelled https://www.babyandbump.com/../images/smilies/eusa_pray.gif

When will you find out if that was to happen?

x

Hey Wobs, I should find out tomorrow, or at least have more of an idea. I have a scan and bloods in the morning so hopefully the clinic will ring me late tomorrow arvo or Tuesday morning.

I will update when I know.

Thanks for all your well wishes girls, I hope my follies listen to you lot coz they sure as heck haven't listened to me!!!

I actually had a thorough look at my scan disk tonight and these are the active follies I had as of last Friday. Keeping in mind they need them to be between 18mm - 22mm for egg collection. I think they were hoping mine would've mostly been 12-14mm by last Friday, they were (for my own records and any one thats interested):

Left Ovary
10, 9, 9, 9, 24 (too big now) 8, 8, 8 & 5 (all in mm)

Right Ovary
9, 9, 8, 7, 7, 7, 7

Don't yet know enough about it to comment really FJL! I'm on a learning curve ;)

Sprinkling some Miracle Grow on your follies :dust: :dust: :hug:

Had my scan today and while my follicles have grown a bit, still not what my FS had hoped.

He wants me to have another scan and BT on Wednesday and I think that will be the deciding day...if not, Friday for sure.

Not looking good though :cry:

The nurse told me tonight that they want at least 3 (but preferably 6+) follies that are between 18-20mm. Today, my biggest one was 13mm and I only have 1. I have 3 at 12mm, 2 at 11mm and its all downhill from there.

I feel really pissed off at my body. I know this is out of my control but I feel like my body has failed me somehow :cry:

Thanks for your well wishes girls, and wannabemum, thankyou for your thread, for some reason it wouldn't let me reply, but I reall appreciated it :hugs:

Sorry they havent grown as much as you were hoping. :hug:
They have grown though, I will be willing them to put on an extra growth spurt over the next two days. Wishing you lots of :dust: and :hugs:

xxx

I assume there's nothing you cna do to help influence it, that it's just either going to grow or not? That miraclegro sounds like a good idea

They HAVE grown though, maybe they'll put on a late spurt. is Friday the last chance then, would they then cancel?

Well the thing is that they're supposed to grow 2mm everyday, and mine seem to be around 1mm at this stage.

Loula, if they still think there is a chance on Wed, then i'm guessing i'll have another scan and BT on Friday and that will be the final decider.

I just want to know one way or another you know?

As far as things I can do to make them grow, not much I don't think, but I did read the other day that a high protein, low carb diet can help low responders. I will cook myself a big steak tomorrow night!!!

Hi FJL, Yes, Proteins are really good for the ovaries inc. meat, chick, fish, cottage cheese, beans, nuts etc. When I get my scan I'm supposed to go in on CD 12 and they are never big enough so I always now book for CD13 but the couple of times when I have been there on CD13 they are still not big enough. I just think that I'm a slow starter(with everything) or maybe it was 'cos I took clomid on CD3or 4 instead of CD2. When did you take yours (I assume your taking clomid)

Anyways, good luck and keep munching on thoses proteins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gosh what a marathon you are going through at the moment. :shock:

I really hope things come good over the next few days and it's all systems go for you. You deserve it after this roller-coaster! :hugs:

and some of this for the follicles:

:dust:

Pixielou - no, i'm not on clomid, i'm on an agonist + FSH shots.

Thanks Helen, hopefully i'll have better news to report tomorrow.

Got everything crossed for you hun, I know how hard this journey is at the best of times. B thinking of you here some more :dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:
:hugs:

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back