• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My IVF (ICSI) diary

FJL

Heartbroken after m/c
Reaction score
Well i'm back.

I've had some pretty intense counselling sessions and am now feeling better and able to carry on I guess you could say.

I'm currently down regging, been on lucrin injections for 7 days now and I have a BT tomorrow to see how i'm responding. All going well i'll be starting FSH injections within a few days.

For the most part the injections haven't hurt, the needle is tiny and its only a subcutaneous injection BUT the last few days the needles have really hurt! I thought it was just my tummy so switched to my thigh this morning but it was still a little painful. Thats fine, i'm tough!

As far as side effects I thought I was super lucky by getting none until yesterday. Now dealing with bad headaches and i'm SO tired and have a general sick feeling. Nothing I can't deal with though!

Just feeling in major limbo right now. Wednesday we find out DH's sperm test (this will be the 5th one but 2nd SCSA one) so see the damage rate with no abstainence. If its not good then he will have the sperm surgically retrieved from the testes on egg collection day. Then we hope like hell that they can find at least a few viable sperm. Its the not knowing that is so hard to take.

Anyway, I thought i'd do a diary for anyone that is interested and for me to hopefully look back on one day (with child) and see what I went through.

:hugs: so happy to c u bk huni!!! Really happy u feeling better and have got started :happydance:. I'm currently on FSH + Antagonist (I never down reg) bk at clinic tom to c how progressin (started diary it in ttc journlas section) So glad u bk and have everything crossed 4 u huni.

xxxx:hugs::hugs:

I'm glad to hear things are moving along for you both, and will be keeping my fingers crossed that it works for you.

Wishing you lots of luck FJL *hugs*

I hope the side effects slow down for you x x

Best of luck FJL, I will be following your progress closely. :hugs:

good luck hun, glad your feeling a bit better xx

Hi FJL,

I've been reading your post on here for a while and from what you written sounds like it's been quite difficult. I acn imagine the not knowing part is hard. I really hope that this works for you and will be keeping fingers crossed.X

I'm glad to hear you are not giving up and I wanted to wish you all the luck in the world. I see we have currently 3 IVFer here. I hope all our dreams come true :)

:hugs: Best of luck with this FJL!! I hope the side effects give you a break soon! We are all keeping everything crossed for you!

I'm so pleased to see you back FJL.:hugs:

You do sound so much more positive. I'm keeping everything crossed for your DH's tests.:hugs:

Thanks girls :hugs:

We got DH's test back this morning and with daily ejaculation the damage rate has dropped 20%, so at this stage no surgery required which DH is thrilled about LOL

I got my BT results back my nurse and Dr are happy, they say that i'm right on track. I start my next lot of shots of Friday, then BT the following Monday, then BT and U/S the following Friday.

All going well and if I respond properly i'll be having egg collection on my birthday :shock:

fantastic hun, so happy for you, some good news at last!! :happydance:

glad to see you back wishing you the best of luck you go girl x:hug:

Wonderful news! Surgically retreiving sperm sounded painful, I'm glad he doesn't have to do that :D

I'm so pleased that you've had some good news hun. I hope everything goes well from now on. Keep us updated with how things are going for you both.

xx

Good luck! Down regging drugs made me feel awful & the headaches were nasty so I sympathise there. When I started to stimm I felt a whole lot better!

Glad your hubbies results were good :)

Glad all going well so far. Great news about DH.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you both. :hugs:

hiya, how are you going on? I hope you aren't suffering with side effects too much?

I'll be watching your thread with interest Best of luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"