• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My IVF (ICSI) diary

Wow! I'm so thrilled things turned around so well for you both. Fantastic news.

Good luck for the Egg Collection (I always called it EC still can't fathom EPU :dohh:)

Are you staying up there while they do the embryo transfer or going back n forth? If so, are you gonna have t'Internet up there? We need updates!

Oh congratulations hun. Your luck has finally changed and hopefully long may it continue. Keep us updated and we'll keep our fingers crossed for you.

x

That's fantastic news hun, I'm so pleased for you. I'm keeping everything crossed for you (well maybe not everything!! lol.)

Thanks girls! Just came on here quickly while eating my toast, its 6:30am and we'll be leaving at 8am, but bloody hell, trying to get all our animals sorted before we go!

We have family friends leaving today and they'll be holding the forte for us. They have to feed and rug our 6 horses, do a bandage change on one of them every 2nd day as she injured her leg a few weeks back, feed and rug 6 dogs while keeping them away from fox bait! And we've just got in 3 poddy lambs from a ewe of ours that died yesterday, so i've been up every 3 hours last night to feed them! They're so cute though!!!

Yes, we will be away until transfer but if I can't find internet (which I should be able to) then I have NeyNey's mobile number and I will text through to her briefly what is happening and she can update you girls!

Thanks so much for all your support, it means so much to me :hugs:

Oh and Helen - EPU = Egg pick up!

good luck sweetheart:hugs:
we all be thinking of you:)

Wish you nothing but the best!!!! I will be looking out for your next post!!!! :hugs:

Oh damn I'll have missed you now :(

So excited for you :happydance:

Hoping for lots of eggies and and a good transfer too, see you when you are pupo!

We'll be thinking about you over the next few days. Wishing you the very best for everything. Hope all goes smoothly. Huge but gentle :hugs:

:happydance:So excited for you huni, good luck with everything routing for you both!!! Will be thinking of you :hugs:

xxx

Hi guys. Just thought i would update you. Fjl text me to say That they got eleven eggs but also discovered a septate uterus which may cause problems . She will text me again tomorrow. She is resting now and still quite sore.

we're thinking of you sweetheart. All the best

:hugs: I hope everything goes ok. Thats great that they got 11 eggs!

11 eggs ! yay!!!

hope you having a good rest sweetheart and can't wait to hear from you:hugs:

11 eggs is fantastic - great news. Lets hope they get lots of lovely embryos ...

:hugs:

BTW - what is a septate uterus?

11 eggs - fantastic. Hope FJL is feeling ok and all the best and more for the next stage.

11 eggs is great news. Fingers crossed that the seperate uterus won't be too much of a problem.

:happydance:fab news about ur 11 Eggs huni!!! Keeping everything crossed and can't wait to hear of ur fantastic embryo's try not worry to much about ur Uterus easier said than done I know:hugs: thinking of you

xxxxxxxxx

Maz here some info

How is the uterus formed?

Stage 1
The uterus begins to form ten weeks after an egg is fertilized by a sperm to create an embryo. The structures which give rise to the uterus are a pair of tubes called the mullerian ducts. At the end closest to the head of the embryo (which will be referred to as the "top"), these two tubes will become the fallopian tubes. They remain separated at a distance throughout development. The other end of these tubes which are closest to the embryo's bottom lie side by side, close together. They will form the uterus by fusing together to become one structure. Fusion occurs between the two middle walls which face one another. They form one central wall - the "median septum" - in the middle of one newly formed, larger tube.

Stage 2
The fusion of the two mullerian ducts at the beginning of week ten produces a cylindrical structure of equal diameter throughout. However, the fully developed uterus is wider at top than the bottom. The next step in the development of the uterus is the widening of the top of this uterine tube. This is achieved by an expansion of the top part of the 'central wall'. As this wall grows, the whole tube becomes wider at the top forming the part of the uterus known as the "fundus". This process occurs in an embryo ten to thirteen weeks old.

During this stage, changes also occur in the lower aspect of the fused mullerian ducts. Here the 'central wall' dissolves leading to a continuous uterine cavity at the bottom of the uterus, but still with a 'central wall' at the top.

Stage 3
The uterus is completed during thirteen to twenty weeks of development. This completion is dependent on the degeneration of the top of the median septum. This septurn separates the two horns ("cornua") of the uterus which are the portions of the uterus that lie at the top furthest from the center. Its dissolution begins at the bottom of this septurn and progresses toward the fundus of the uterus. When it is complete, a single, continuous uterine cavity results.
What happens when things go wrong?

https://www.femme-health.com/images/anatomy/variations.jpg

Legend

A - Uterus didelphys
B - Uterus duplex bicornis bicollis, vagina simplex
C - Uterus bicornis unicollis, vagina simplex
D - Uterus septus
E - Uterus subseptus
F - Uterus arcuatus or uterus cordiformis
G - Uterus unicornis
H - Uterus simplex (the usual form) (also O)
I - Uterus subseptus unicorporeus with septate cervix
J - Uterus septus duplex (uterus bilocularis)
K - Uterus bicornis, unilateral rudimentarius
L - Uterus with closed accessory horn
M - Case: Uterus, small as a thumbnail. Right tube normal. Left tube replaced by a strand of fibrous tissue. Both ovaries appeared grossly normal and were actually twice the size of the uterus. There was no cervix. The vagina was one inch long (2.54 cm) and about three-eighths of an inch wide (0.95 cm).
N - Case: Illustration demonstrating uterus duplex (bicornis) unicollis with a vaginal septum dividing the vagina into a blind pouch and a left normal vagina. Each member had a single normal tube and an associated normal ovary
O - Normal uterus

Septate
A septate uterus results from a problem in stage 2 or 3 of uterine development. The two mullerian ducts fused normally; however, there was a failure in degeneration of the median septum. If this failure was "complete", a median septum persists in the entire uterus separating the uterine cavity into two single-horned uteri which share one cervix. If this failure was "partial", re-absorbtion of the lower part of the median septum occured in stage 2, but the top of the septurn failed to dissolve in stage 3. Hence, there is a single cervix and uterine cavity at the bottom, but at the top that cavity divides into 2 distinct horns. Since this uterine anomaly occurs later in uterine development after complete duct fusion, the external shape of the uterus is a single unit (normal appearing). This is distinct from the bicornuate uterus which can be seen branching into two distinct horns when viewed from the outside.
Effect - The septum which fails to dissolve in the septate uterus is unlike the walls of a normal uterus because the septurn was never destined to be a uterine wall. The septum has lower blood flow than the normal uterine walls and it is believed that when placenta implant on this wall, it is less capable than a normal wall of adequately supplying blood to the placenta. Placental implantation on the septurn may be responsible for the higher incidence of intrauterine growth restriction and fetal loss seen in women with septate uteri. Studies on fetal survival rates have found widely varying numbers from 10 -75%, but a recent study found a live birth rate of 62% in women with septate uteri.

xx

Thank you for the update neyney, please send them both lots of love from us!

Maz - thanks for al that - worrying stuff there, but at least they found out anyway? I know someone with a bicornate (sp?!) uterus who has had 3 children though, although not entireley the same, but still....

Fantastic news about the 11 eggs. :happydance: Hope you get lots of healthy little embies.

Thanks for the info on the septate uterus wannabamum. That must be a worry for them at the moment. You'd have thought that they'd have picked that up in a scan or something though (?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->