My IVF Journal

BumpHopes

Reaction score
I do have a TTC journal but now that i will be starting IVF very soon i just wanted to start a new journal (as this is what we have been waiting for for so long and i think its going to take up alot of space lol)

A bit of background about me and DH... im 26 hes 36. TTC for around 6 years (a very long time) we found out that i have borderline PCOS and DH has Azoospermia so will be doing IVF with donor sperm. We have been married for just over a year and together for just over 7 :happydance:

When we was originally refered to a FS by our consultant we had the lot of test they do (US,HSG, loads of bloods etc) but now our IVF is so close we have to do some again. Im going to try and do this in date order to try and keep things as logical as possible (also think will make good reading for when we have our BFP.

28th April 2015
We visited the clinic for a presentation that goes through the IVF procedure and what to expect - a little overwhelming to be honest. Alot of medication and visits back and for to the hospital .. but i cant wait for it all to start.
I was given a blood test to text if i am CMV positive or negative - to help chose a donor. If im negative i can only have a negative donor but if im positive i can have a positive or negative donor. They said it should take about 2 weeks to come back.

Next appointment is 12th May - internal US to check womb shape etc and also have to have a test for chlamydia.

One after that is 30th July which is treatment planning :happydance:

Im going to try and update this as i go. Anyone else doing IVF in July/Aug? Love to hear from you. x

12th May 2015

I had my US done, no problem at all. My womb is normal and they said i had PCOS which I knew about anyway so all great! Did have the day off work after it though cause felt really uncomfortable for the day.

Also found out that i am CMV negative... which seems to be a bit more difficult to find a donor but DH and I will keep looking until we find one thats right for us.

Nothing now until Treatment Planning on 30/7/15 so just waiting for that. I want to lose as much weight as possible and get ready for IVF. I have been taking my pregnacare everyday so nothing more i can do right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->