My little thread of DO NOT PANIC

Maidenet

Reaction score
I posted something like this in first tri after a lot of posting myself, and lots of reading.

Im not a medical professional, this is my first sucessful pregnancy to get this far after four previous losses..... I have had tests, read loads and asked a lot of questions.

I do the panic for nothing thing big style, but I find it helps if someone tells me facts or experiences....

Lack of symptoms - NORMAL.... Pregnancy books, websites and medical people all say second tri is easy as nearly all women (unless unlucky) loose the sickness, tiredness and sore boobs. The placenta has taken over and your adjusting to pregnancy by now. Most women only come to remember they are pregnant when there tummy starts to grow.
I also read if sickness has continued see your Dr, not because of anything bad, but so they can give you something too help.
Me personally only had sickness for a few weeks in first tri and baby is 100% fine.

No bump - I had this answered on here.... most women don't show with there first until 20 weeks or more.... By now you would of had a scan so, realistically we know baby is ok... It's just all us prego women NEED a bump!

Movement - kind of the same as above..... Some of us have prob had movement but didn't realise! Depending on loads of things such as weight and where the placenta is lying can hide a babys tiny first movements until he/she is kicking you all night long.

pain - My favourite worry... No pain... I worry, pain.... I worry! Back pain, hip pain, left, right and bottom pain... all normal. Our bodys are going through some epic changes at the minute, and what I can gather from the other ladies is that it gets worse before it gets better.

I don't mean too sound funny with this post, its just sometimes we loose our natural common sense as everything has us fearing the worst when some times all it needs is a bit of, stepping back and reading our pregnancy books and everyone else's experiences xxxx

Thanks for this :)

You should add, "Do not panic...if you have eaten deli meat!" to the list.

I want to bang my head into a wall when I see those threads ;)

Thank you! I appreciated your post in first tri, too. I'm a total worrier!

Great post haha. Specially the back pain, hip pain, left, right and bottom pain part... I laughed out loud at that part XD That's exactly how I'm feeling right now. I hurt all over lol.

Apart from that I'm surprised how calm I'm actually feeling about everything now I'm over first tri :) I seem to kind of be "in the zone" haha. As much as I'm still throwing up first thing in the morning and my back feels like it's broken, I'm rather enjoying being a big fat pregnant mummy :D haha (apart from the horrible weight gain, but that can't really be helped a great deal right now. Heck, I'm bloody starving! haha)

XxX

Maidenet - I just wanted to say how delighted I am that another woman who used to post in the recurrent miscarriage thread (I recognised your name) is now here :yipee:

And I'm here AGAIN!!

Anyway, I remember feeling exactly the same as you when pregnant with my son and needed a wake up call to reality every now and again instead of always thinking of the gloom.

Congrats and enjoy xx

Awww Widger, your avatar picture is beautiful!!! What a little cutie!

XxX

Maidenet - I just wanted to say how delighted I am that another woman who used to post in the recurrent miscarriage thread (I recognised your name) is now here :yipee:

And I'm here AGAIN!!

Anyway, I remember feeling exactly the same as you when pregnant with my son and needed a wake up call to reality every now and again instead of always thinking of the gloom.

Congrats and enjoy xx

Hello! xxxx
Yeah... I do it all the time! try convince myself everything isnt normal when i KNOW it is xx

Thanks for this :)

You should add, "Do not panic...if you have eaten deli meat!" to the list.

I want to bang my head into a wall when I see those threads ;)

Ha ha ha and running eggs.... Only 1000's eaten at once is apparently going to put you at risk according to a mw xx

I LOVE this post, it makes me so happy :) Thank you!

Love the post :)

Though, just a warning to "pain" if you suspect your having regular pain, time it and ring the midwife.... I had bubs at 29 weeks but was in labour by 27+3 somewhat and properly at 27+6 (and friends have had bubbies at 23-27 weeks too!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->