• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My Miracle Journey

How are you doing today, Sarah? I've been having nausea all day today and drinking ginger ale and eating Saltines! :p

I'm still queasy, but so thankful that Baby Brown is doing great.

24 weeks and feeling nausea?!? oh no, did this just happen out of the blue? I pray that by the time you see this, you are feeling a whole lot better :hugs:

Sweetheart Sar, my heart is with you right now as you venture through your 7th week of pregnancy.
It's not easy being pregnant, nor being a christian either. When life makes you hold dear to your faith and what you know of God and your relationship with him, it challenges us and moves us closer to where God wants us to be with him.
I pray Jesus you will continue to comfort Sar as she travels along her pregnancy, full knowing you shaped this child within her to be a happy and healthy baby.
Encourage her to keep sharing with us and other people of her miracle wonder and her love for you, so she can continue influencing and positively affecting others, for good and for God.

Love you Sar & lil bean xxx

Thank you sweetheart :hugs:

This journey definitely tests you...lol! I thought once I got pregnant, it was going to be smooth sailing...boy was I wrong!

I know that I have to continually walk in faith no matter what I see, that God hasn't brought me this far to just leave me hanging.

The good thing about knowing all of you ladies that have been pregnant or currently are, is that I get to learn from you. That is a gift in itself!

Yes just out of the blue. I'm still dizzy and not feeling great! Wondering if baby is pushing on my stomach or something!

This weekend was tough for me, we watched my 2 nephews..Isaiah who is 2yrs old and Simon who is 1. We had them for 2 nights while their parents went for a little marriage get away.

I was constantly feeling queasy and couldn't really do to much with the kids. Thankfully Tay was able to help entertain them for me. I still can't really eat anything, everything sounds horrible. I've lost 5 lbs since this started a little over a week ago. My go to foods have been crackers, plain bagels, apples, oatmeal and cereal. The time I feel the best is when I'm sleeping :haha:

I work with about 10 other people in my department and only 2 of them know I'm pregnant. It's sometimes hard to put that smile on and act like everything is fine and dandy. I know my queasiness doesn't even compare to what other ladies have gone through. It just feels weird not feeling like my normal self.

This weekend was tough for me, we watched my 2 nephews..Isaiah who is 2yrs old and Simon who is 1. We had them for 2 nights while their parents went for a little marriage get away.

I was constantly feeling queasy and couldn't really do to much with the kids. Thankfully Tay was able to help entertain them for me. I still can't really eat anything, everything sounds horrible. I've lost 5 lbs since this started a little over a week ago. My go to foods have been crackers, plain bagels, apples, oatmeal and cereal. The time I feel the best is when I'm sleeping :haha:

I work with about 10 other people in my department and only 2 of them know I'm pregnant. It's sometimes hard to put that smile on and act like everything is fine and dandy. I know my queasiness doesn't even compare to what other ladies have gone through. It just feels weird not feeling like my normal self.

First tri is definitely hard! I lost about 10 lbs during the first tri. It's hard because it seems like there is literally nothing you can do to make yourself feel better, other than sleep like you said! Hope you get a little bit of a reprieve and feel a bit better soon. :hugs:

Yes just out of the blue. I'm still dizzy and not feeling great! Wondering if baby is pushing on my stomach or something!

I'm sorry my dear. Do your best to take it easy and not to make and sudden movements. I just read that during the second trimester, diziness may be caused because your growing uterus puts pressure on blood vessels.

Here is something I found that can be helpful...

What remedies exist to prevent dizziness during pregnancy?

There are a number of things you can do to reduce the amount of dizziness you may experience. Here are some helpful suggestions to reduce dizziness during pregnancy:

Avoid standing for long periods. If you must stand, make sure that you keep your feet moving to help increase circulation

Get up slowly from either sitting or lying down (This is very important when you are getting out of the bath)

Eat regularly. Avoid long periods between meals; it is better to snack throughout the day

Avoid hot baths or showers

Avoid lying on your back once you reach the middle of your second trimester

Wear loose, comfortable clothing to avoid restricting circulation

I'm sure you know most of this already :winkwink:

Lord, I ask that you touch my sisters body, from the top of her head to the soles of her feet. Let her have a wonderful, symptom free day. In your name I pray...AMEN!

I just made an appointment for Amaya's spring photos and I started thinking about you...

You should get a maternity shirt or a shirt that is stretchy/large enough to fit you throughout your pregnancy and take a picture each month/week! It is amazing to see how your body grows despite the queasiness and losing weight.

I'm not happy that you are experiencing queasiness, but I thank God for all those pregnancy hormones at work in your body! I'm praying that you feel better so that you can move beyond a BRAT diet.

I just made an appointment for Amaya's spring photos and I started thinking about you...

You should get a maternity shirt or a shirt that is stretchy/large enough to fit you throughout your pregnancy and take a picture each month/week! It is amazing to see how your body grows despite the queasiness and losing weight.

I'm not happy that you are experiencing queasiness, but I thank God for all those pregnancy hormones at work in your body! I'm praying that you feel better so that you can move beyond a BRAT diet.

Aww, how sweet! I'm sure she is going to look beautiful in a pretty little spring dress.

That's a good idea, my pants are definitely getting tighter and I have recently bought some maternity pants to help me out when I can't fit into my regular ones.

Amen! I too am happy to know the hormones are at work...lol! It's funny, because I know if I didn't have any symptoms I would probably wonder what's wrong and if the baby is ok. It's sort of a comfort having these symptoms.

Oh gosh GJ. I thought once I got pregnant that it would be smooth sailing too, but I think I worried more after I got pregnant than before, lol. I will say it chilled out a bit after 1st tri. I didn't even want to announce for fear of feeling like it would be taken away, but then I realized two things. First I was taking that away from hubbs cause he did want to tell the world, but more importantly I wasn't trusting God like I should. I think it will ease up for you too once you're out of 1st and settle into your pregnancy a bit more.

That's a good idea about the clothing. I took pics but unfortunately not in the same shirt. But it will be so much fun to look back at yourself and see your progession!

Oh gosh GJ. I thought once I got pregnant that it would be smooth sailing too, but I think I worried more after I got pregnant than before, lol. I will say it chilled out a bit after 1st tri. I didn't even want to announce for fear of feeling like it would be taken away, but then I realized two things. First I was taking that away from hubbs cause he did want to tell the world, but more importantly I wasn't trusting God like I should. I think it will ease up for you too once you're out of 1st and settle into your pregnancy a bit more.

That's a good idea about the clothing. I took pics but unfortunately not in the same shirt. But it will be so much fun to look back at yourself and see your progession!

We definitely didn't have a problem telling our family and some close friends. I would love to shout it out to the whole world or maybe put it up on a billboard so everyone driving by can see what God has done...lol! Ok, I wouldn't really do that, but that's how I feel. I'm still very much in amazement that there is a precious life developing everyday in my womb. It took so long to get here, but so worth the wait.

We will be waiting to tell my coworkers and others friends once we hit the 12 week mark....about 4 more weeks to go :thumbup:

I've been taking self portraits with the same shirt in hopes of seeing something pop out :haha: It's funny, Taylor keeps looking at my belly to see if anything is developing...I told her...not yet, that's just my fat :haha:

I was sick from about week 6 to week 14. I didn't lose any weight per say,but because i ate very minimal during those initial weeks, i wasn't exactly looking pregnant until i was 4.5+ mths. Consider it a blessing that it's mother natures way of balancing out your body as those final stages of pregnancy when bub gets bigger and bigger inside your belly, you would of wished you were looking unnoticeably pregnant at the start for longer.. haha.

My suggestion is to keep eating the foods that dont make you feel sick. Keep eating the crackers, apples, cereal etc, and stay away from all the foods thats making you feel ill. I remember i could not stand meat, and my diet (as i dont eat rice, bread, pasta.. any of those carbs) was 60% meat, 40% fruit & veg. Which left me with gluten free crackers to eat 24/7 aswell! haha. I remember i could only eat from midday onwards as the acid in my tummy would make me so sick. But in saying that, it made me so happy that i was sick, as it felt so good to be experiencing pregnancy symptoms and in saying that, made the experience enjoyable haha.

Please oh please will you start tracking your pregnancy with a pregnancy journal? My mum bought me one, it had everything you could think of from sections you could write how you're feeling, to information about how bub is growing to reminders in preparation for bubs arrival. I also printed alot of BnB forum msg's (yes would you believe some are from you!). It will be the best gift i will give to little Ciara baby when she's older, so you will have to do one too!

It's hard keeping your news from your work friends hey? I had just started work at a new job, i could of sworn they picked up my pregnancy vibes :p it's such a relief when you can let everyone know when you feel it's time to do so.

I am going to write you up a list of the 'must buy items' i found EXTREMELY useful for bubs arrival, it's items i use everyday with bub. Just so you can have a look at what you think you might need or can mention in your baby shower list suggestions. (i know might be a little far ahead of time, but you never know when is too early to start buying baby items right? hehe) half of the things people buy you dont need so i wish someone had given me the list instead of me having to figure out for myself! lol

Also, do you have viber? a free phone msg application? i want to add you, so you'll have to fb msg me your number xxxxxxx

The pregnancy journal is a wonderful idea! I didn't do how faithful said, though in retrospect would be nice. I did however write to Virtue, still do. I started when ttc, but plan on writing to him forever. Same with any other children we have. I plan on giving it to them when their older and can appreciate it, before they have their own children. I went them to know how much they are wanted and loved. Especially in those times where mommy seems like a tyrant, lol.

Writing a journal is a great idea! My husband and I used our wedding website as an online journal so that our family near and far could keep up with my pregnancy. I answered the same questions each week and tried to include a picture or video of myself or an ultrasound.... How far along, total weight gain, how big is the baby, maternity clothes, sleep, movement, Food cravings, food aversions, symptoms/things that have crossed my mind, best moments of the week, and what I'm looking forward to. We got rid of the website in 2013, but we made a dvd out of our journal posts and all the pics and videos.

My husband likes to sing and play the piano. He recorded a song for our daughter two months before she was born. After she was born we played the song in the room and it was really sweet moment. I know she will come to love that song as she grows older and can understand the words.

I didn't keep a journal, but used the Belly Book, which allows you to give weekly updates and put a weekly bump pic. It asks about cravings, how you feel, etc... here is a link :)

I also put my postive pregnancy test in there and lots of u/s pics!

https://www.amazon.com/The-Belly-Bo...TF8&qid=1366740802&sr=8-1&keywords=belly+book

Yeah, I wrote a journal as well it asked what you did that week how you felt etc. As well as help plan out what to bring, what you should do for each step etc. And I lost weight during my pregnancy at first because I was so sick. Then because I ate pretty healthy and all the weight was the baby.

Bec, sounds like I have a very similar journal as you. It tells you everyday what is going on with the baby, has sections for notes, asks certain questions about your mood...morning sickness..etc., and every so often it tells you to write down your belly size and weight. It's a great journal :thumbup:

My eating has gotten a little better and the queasiness isn't as bad, but yesterday I threw up in the morning and right before going to bed and then again this morning. I'm just praying it doesn't happen at work.

My mom keeps sending my pictures on my phone of little things she is making for the baby shower. She is already starting to make a diaper cake and a floral arrangement with wash cloths. I'm sure she is so happy that Pinterest is around :haha:

Today would of been my 8 week ultrasound, but since I went in last week for that bleeding episode, I now have to wait to see my little miracle on May 1st, 9 weeks.

How's everyone doing? How are all the babies?

Bec, sounds like I have a very similar journal as you. It tells you everyday what is going on with the baby, has sections for notes, asks certain questions about your mood...morning sickness..etc., and every so often it tells you to write down your belly size and weight. It's a great journal :thumbup:

My eating has gotten a little better and the queasiness isn't as bad, but yesterday I threw up in the morning and right before going to bed and then again this morning. I'm just praying it doesn't happen at work.

My mom keeps sending my pictures on my phone of little things she is making for the baby shower. She is already starting to make a diaper cake and a floral arrangement with wash cloths. I'm sure she is so happy that Pinterest is around :haha:

Today would of been my 8 week ultrasound, but since I went in last week for that bleeding episode, I now have to wait to see my little miracle on May 1st, 9 weeks.

My mom started doing things immediately too! She bought the crib when I was like 8 weeks! haha

She has been making diaper cakes too and she also made this really cute diaper wreath for the baby's door! It's so cute and looks very classy. :)

I am doing well, baby Fig (my last name is Figenscher :haha:) is kicking away this morning! I can't wait until you feel your first kicks! :)

Hope you don't have to get sick at work! Feel better :)

My mom started doing things immediately too! She bought the crib when I was like 8 weeks! haha

She has been making diaper cakes too and she also made this really cute diaper wreath for the baby's door! It's so cute and looks very classy. :)

I am doing well, baby Fig (my last name is Figenscher :haha:) is kicking away this morning! I can't wait until you feel your first kicks! :)

Hope you don't have to get sick at work! Feel better :)

Wow, your mom was definitely on top of things :haha:

I would love to see the wreath, are you able to take a picture of it and post it for us to see?

Do you know what you are having? I bet feeling the baby move is the best thing ever! Taylor is going to be stuck to my belly once that starts happening :haha:

We are team yellow so we will be surprised with the gender!
478062_968396144419_327814705_o.jpg

Here's a photo of the wreath. Let me know if it doesn't work! I'm not too great with attaching photos!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->