My New Year's Resolution: Get pregnant. Anyone else? SIX BFPs so far!!!

:haha: One more day! Feeling pretty confident, but I do want the official confirmation.

Sis, is that your temp spike finally?

I'm guessing PBL had sharp pains last nite but my temp usually goes up to 98.2 after O so I'm not sure what to make of it!!!
I had pains on both sides and my temps are lookin similar to last month when I Od from both but I would think that was impossible W out meds!!! :shrug:

Hope u hear Great Numbers Tom!!! :)

I'm guessing PBL had sharp pains last nite but my temp usually goes up to 98.2 after O so I'm not sure what to make of it!!!
I had pains on both sides and my temps are lookin similar to last month when I Od from both but I would think that was impossible W out meds!!! :shrug:

Hope u hear Great Numbers Tom!!! :)

Not impossible! The effects of Clomid and Femara can linger in your system for up to 2 cycles AFTER you stop taking it. I know it certainly did for me! The first non-clomid cycle it was like I was still taking clomid. I O'd early and had a strong post-ovulation phase with high temps. (not my norm without Clomid) The second non-clomid cycle I still O'd early for me, but not AS early as before... and my post-ovulation phase still had great temps and was still 14 days. Then this last cycle, my third non-clomid cycle... it all went south. Back to the pre-Clomid norm. Ovulation on day 27, very weak post-ovulation temps, and AF showed up within 11 days of ovulation.

That's why they say a lot of women get pregnant on their first month off of fertility drugs. All of them (oral, injectables, etc.) can linger in your system for a cycle or 2. :thumbup:

I know Clomid can stay in your system but I was Told Femara has a short after life like a few days or so!!!

Who knows I wasn't monitored so I have no idea whats going on in there :shrug:

Guess only time will tell...... When do u go back for a scan??

Good luck today, Pbl !!

I've read a good bit of this post over the last couple days, though I'm new to the TTC journey and haven't joined in the conversation. I sincerely hope you all get good news this cycle.
:dust:

Sis - I have read Femara does have a much shorter 'after' life but it can still effect your cycles for a cycle or 2. Not exactly sure how all that works, but it's possible.

I had an U/S and blood work yesterday morning. There was 1 - 10mm follicle on the right ovary and then there was a 9mm and a 12 mm follicle on the left ovary. The nurse and I both thought my RE would bring me back on Saturday for another u/s and blood work. However, when she called yesterday afternoon, it turns out my estradiol was only 76.5. So he wants to wait to bring me back in until Monday morning. I was disappointed, because I thought I was progressing faster than that. Apparently my Estradiol needs to reflect 150-200 for each mature follicle. My follicles need to be 18mm-20mm to be considered mature. So my math says I need my estradiol to be 450-600 for trigger, but it's all a gamble dependent on how many lead follicles there are. So now the earliest the IUI will be is next Wednesday, which will be cycle day 19 for me. :dohh: IF it happens then.

No idea about Femara and Clomid affecting future cycles, although I do know Femara has the shorter half life. :shrug:

Sis, looks like your work is done! Welcome to the TWW! :haha:

Elphaba, I think you're doing great. Not long til IUI now! :dust:

Milty, I missed it - are you TTC again? :shrug:

Sweet, Teva - :hi: and :hugs:

AFM
I called it. This is officially a bfp!:thumbup:

I think I spammed enough happy emoticons in your journal PBL so I won't do it again here. :haha: Okay... maybe just at least one :happydance:

Yayeeeeeee!

I love the new thread title. :happydance: You did it pebble! Happy and healthy nine months to you! :cloud9:

Elphabaa .... I want to say last month w 3 Follies my E was 450ish I think!!!!

U would think they would boost the amount in your injection but maybe slow and steady is best!!!
Maybe that why I can't get a BFP I'm never slow to O!! :(

Elphabaa .... I want to say last month w 3 Follies my E was 450ish I think!!!!

U would think they would boost the amount in your injection but maybe slow and steady is best!!!
Maybe that why I can't get a BFP I'm never slow to O!! :(

Different bodies, different things. They said they never want to start off too aggressively because as the nurse put it 'Some women just SNIFF the Follistim and blow up!' :haha: My first thought was of PBL. :rofl: Honestly, my RE starting me at 75iu was higher than it seems a lot of REs start patients off. I have seen lots of women starting at 50iu. We gave 75iu a 5 day shot... then he bumped me up. I am actually just very thankful 150iu is all it takes for me to get a mature follicle. This stuff is expensive and I read of some women needing 225iu-300iu just in a IUI cycle!!!

I have heard of these meds 'slowing' things down a little in the early O'ers like you though. Just like Clomid and Femara can do too. However, in my case, I need them to speed things up! :thumbup:

You were just doing Femara and you got 3 mature follicles? That's fairly amazing... Femara seems to be known for being the better choice over Clomid if you DON'T want multiples. It seems Femara mostly only matures one follicle. At least from when I was researching all of that and trying to make my case for Femara over Clomid. Did no good though because my OBGYN refused to give me Femara. If hubby's sperm didn't have issue, my RE would have gave me Femara. However, he told me with hubby's issues it would likely just be a waste. :shrug: He was not a fan at all of us doing Femara with timed intercourse and I am guessing he must not do Femara with IUI cycles. He just jumps straight away to the injectables. Of course, that may be because of my PCOS too.

I also think if my RE boosted my dose again we ran the risk of things happening too quickly, since the office isn't open on Sunday.

Yes I know how expensive those Injections can be that's why I was kinda glad my FS said I didn't need Em that we need to work on DH!!!

Last cycle only 2 of my follies where mature but the last wasn't far behind .... Prob another reason why my FS is afraid of me and Injections..... I'd prob be like PBL!! :haha:

GL on getting a nice ripe Follie!!!! :)

Well I would say I deffinetly Od now got a BIG temp Jump!!!! :)

No idea about Femara and Clomid affecting future cycles, although I do know Femara has the shorter half life. :shrug:

Sis, looks like your work is done! Welcome to the TWW! :haha:

Elphaba, I think you're doing great. Not long til IUI now! :dust:

Milty, I missed it - are you TTC again? :shrug:

Sweet, Teva - :hi: and :hugs:

AFM
I called it. This is officially a bfp!:thumbup:

Pbl I'm at the end of my first shot. If my body comes out of this on time I should O around Dec 5 th!

Congratulations PBL!!! Happy and healthy 9 months!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->