My OH starts his new job tomorrow and is depressed regarding LO

minties

Complete
Reaction score
OH hasn't worked in a while (stupid recession!), had a job interview Tuesday and starts Thursday (tomorrow).

It was a bit sudden and not much notice or time to get used to the idea.

The hours are a bit odd, 2pm to 10:30pm, so he won't see LO in the evenings.

He's really upset and thinks that LO is going to forget who he is. Right now they spend huge amounts of time together and daddy is LO's favourite person. He always laughs more for his dad than anyone else and they have very good bond.

We figure OH will wake up around 9-10am as he wants some daytime hours. What are some ideas I can suggest to him that he does with our LO that are things only he does with him?

Poor guy is moping about going on and on that LO is going to love me more etc etc. I do feel for him.

Awww bless him! My OH only gets to see our LO for around 2 hours (max 3) in the evenings and has done since the start, because he works, so it's always hard on the working parent.

He usually always gives her her bath and spends around a solid hour just playing with her before bed x

Aww bless him.

Why not introduce a morning shower with daddy? And perhaps swimming or something weekly? He can do a walk to the park a couple of mornings a week, or to the library for books?

:hugs:

Minties,

My DH works the evening shift which is 2pm - 10pm and spends all morning with Aymen then heads of to work which is great!
Aymen goes to bed at 6.30-7pm and i get him up for a nappy change and a bottle at 10pm where he gets to see daddy for 30mins before he goes down again.
You should see the absolute glee and smile froom ear to ear when DH walks thru the door. That reaction will make up for all that time away!
DH and Thomas will appreciate there time together so much more when there apart and after a few weeks of working, he'll soon get used to the routine of juggling work and family time!

:hugs:

Trust me lo's never forget their dad.. If hes living in the same house.. My brother runs several businesses and has 3 kids... Hes always busy n out n about etc.. but when he comes home at whatever time as soon as door opens.. They all run/crawl to it.. Its cute but annoyin for the mum as my sil says.. U feed n clean em, keep em entertained.. And they stil love the dad more it seems! Lol altho its probably just cos they hav seen enough of mum for the day lol

This is not jus when they are older.. His first used to do it when he started crawlin xx

My hubby does those shifts, i'm totally use to it, i like him out the way on the night so i can watch the tv and not football. He spends loads of time on a morning with the baby, he feeds him, plays with him and always gets him dressed. Your LO will not forget him but i bet he gets more excited when he see's his dad. My LO always has the biggest smiles for his dad when he see's him, i get the crying and stinky nappies.

I'm sure he'll be ok when he's used to it. I like the suggestions of weekly swimming and morning baths - and he is there all morning to play with LO!

Maybe you could tell him he is lucky to have all morning with baby - my oh get Lucas up at 7am and has 1.5hrs with him before he goes to work. Then he gets home after LO has gone to bed so see him for 1.5hrs a day + weekends!

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->