My opk arrived today!!

anti

Reaction score
Hi girls. So my opk arrived this morning. Af will be gone today so going to start temping tomorrow (thermometer arrived today as well). I've just come off bcp so I know it will take me a while to get back to normal but I still want to see if I ovulate and how often so I know how quick I'm getting back to normal. Any advice or suggestions?:wacko:

I started using my OPK's from cd11 because my cycle seems to be pretty irregular. It was my 1st month using them and I got a positive on cd14. Only thing I took another one today on cd33 as im late for AF and got another positive so I'm well confused ha ha.

hi bennykins, have you tried taking a pregnancy test? might be coming up positive on the opk because youve got the hormone for pregnancy and i think they pick up the same hormones. You might be pregnant!! :)

That's what I've been wondering whether or not the opk picked up the pregnancy hormone. I've been away the past few days so not managed to get a hpt but will deffo get one tomorrow I'm thinking. I just did the opk as I was late for AF and I just sorta feel a bit like I might be pregnant. All day today I've felt really heavy and full around my pubic area but no so crampy as I have been. My hubby is convinced now I'm pregnant but I haven't told him about the positive opk as I don't want to disappoint him if I'm not and want to Surprise him if I am :)

ah!! so exciting!! let me know how the hpt goes! Fingers crossed for you!! I've just come off bcp 9 days ago now after 8 years on them so not sure how long its gonna take for me to returnn to normal but i hope its soon!! So excited for you!! Let me know how it goes tomorrow. Will be thinking of you!!! :) :) :)

Thanks Anti. I was on bcp for 4 years or thereabouts and came off it last August. We then decided to properly start ttc from this March, then got the OPK's and Conceive Plus to use this cycle so if I am pregnant this cycle then wow! Lol. I'm excited if i am pregnant but I'm more than scared as well as to how I would cope with it all haha. I was shaking when i saw the smiley this afternoon! My stomach is still really heavy and odd cramps. It does feel very strange tbh :-D

That's so exciting!! How long did it take af to return to normal after you stopped bcp? I think I'd be scared to but also very very excited!! Everything will fall into place. Don't worry about that. Just enjoy this special time! Looking forward to hearing from you tomorrow!! :)

I suppose I would have to get used to things if I am pregnant - no going back haha. And if I'm not, then time to start all over again hey! I'm not sure if ovulated immediately after coming off bcp but I had a normal period the following month and have done every month since so maybe I did get back to normal straightaway I don't know. I know I had strange cramps for the first few months but I've also been feeling that a lot lately as I think I'm more in tune with my body and know now when I'm going to ovulate and things. I don't know if I should tell hubby what I'm feeling then test tomorrow with him, or go to the pharmacy on my dinner tomorrow, test the following morning by myself and then IF it is positive surprise him lol. Don't know how to surprise him tho - was going to send a homemade card in the post with the picture of the test and underneath say:- "hello daddy, can't wait to meet you next February. Love you". Does that sound a bit stupid? Haha. Getting ahead of myself here now :-D

HI anti - good luck with coming off of BCP. It took my body about 2 cycles to get back to normal. The first couple of months I had bad cramps, nausea, and I was really emotional. I am not sure if I O'd. I started using OPK's the third cycle and got two days of positives. I was kind of discouraged at first that it took a few months to get back to normal but now I realize that is pretty normal for coming off of BC. Anyways - good luck with everything. And Good Luck Bennykins on your test!!!

Hey Anti,
Last time I came off BCP it took my body 6 months!!! to get back to normal. This time I ended up with a cycle right away and then nothing so far for 43 days and counting. Hopefully your body sorts it self out soon! I'm really hoping mine does!

Thanks girls you're all great help!! I hope my body goes back to normal super quickly! And bennykins, that's a fantastic idea. Not sure I'd be able to keep a positive reading quiet long enough to make a card but if you can id do it!

I suppose I would have to get used to things if I am pregnant - no going back haha. And if I'm not, then time to start all over again hey! I'm not sure if ovulated immediately after coming off bcp but I had a normal period the following month and have done every month since so maybe I did get back to normal straightaway I don't know. I know I had strange cramps for the first few months but I've also been feeling that a lot lately as I think I'm more in tune with my body and know now when I'm going to ovulate and things. I don't know if I should tell hubby what I'm feeling then test tomorrow with him, or go to the pharmacy on my dinner tomorrow, test the following morning by myself and then IF it is positive surprise him lol. Don't know how to surprise him tho - was going to send a homemade card in the post with the picture of the test and underneath say:- "hello daddy, can't wait to meet you next February. Love you". Does that sound a bit stupid? Haha. Getting ahead of myself here now :-D

That sounds such a nice romantic way of telling your husband!! I was thinking when I do get preg, after my 12 week scan I will send all my family a card with a pic inside to let them know they are guna become grandparents, auntie, uncles etc. Good Luck hope you get your BFP x

I've just done a test....... It's BFP!! I dunno what to do I'm so happy, but so scared and I feel so sick!! Did a Clearblue with conception indicator and it says 3+ weeks. Oh my goooooooddddd!!! This is unreal.

Omg!!! Congrats. That's so exciting!!! Let me know how it goes with your hubby!! So excited for you!!! Xxx

I've just done a test....... It's BFP!! I dunno what to do I'm so happy, but so scared and I feel so sick!! Did a Clearblue with conception indicator and it says 3+ weeks. Oh my goooooooddddd!!! This is unreal.

Congrats Bennykins x

Thank you!! I couldn't keep a straight face when hubby walked in from work so I just blurted out "I'm pregnant" and he just looked at me in shock and said "you're not serious?!". I nodded and he grabbed hold of me and gave me a big kiss lol. He's really chuffed! We decided to also tell our parents as long as they don't tell anyone else until the 12 weeks. They're made up too. I'm still in a state of shock! Doesn't seem real at all. Madness :)

I'd totally be the same Bennykins. My husband knows everything - I'm so bad at keeping secrets! Congrats once again :)

Well done. So happy for you!!!! Keep us updated! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->