My OPK as HPT dpo experiment..will it be BFP???

I'm wondering if I should switch the order now... hmmm... Pre-O should go before Post-O! Hmmm!

Okay.. I switched the order of them! Ya know, to confuse you even more! LOL

And, for comparison... The top OPK in this picture is MY version of a "positive" on that brand that I did Friday! These are from Dec though!

https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4011/4435795754_7d2bd4035b.jpg

hey megg huns, i got say yes they looking positive defo could be onto something sticky here keep testing and posting them pics huns. :friends: :flow:

iv also thrown thermom out window for this cycle and am just going to opk but the day i get the pos opk i gonna temp the morning after as i know my ov day temp range and can just confirm the opk is right by that although opks have never been wrong for me b4 and i get a fantastic pos everytime i ov but think the temp is just for my own piece of mind :winkwink:, iv done this coz i need to relax for me temps in post ov mean absolutely nothing every chart iv got looks promising apart from the one that i got preg on in jan this year so i feel if i take the temping out of it i may just be able to relax and wait for af to be late rather than being "ooooo that temp is good" at 9dpo and stupidly going out for a hpt :hissy: so chill time for me, sorry megg huns this month i cannot be stalked but i will be posting my pos opk in here around cd19 for fun :wohoo: roll on ov xxx

Ah just checking this thead. Sorry evil witch got you Charliemarina. Megg looks good hun fingers crossed for you

Awww! I guess I'll have to find someone else to stalk this time! LOL I think less stress sounds fab though! :hugs:

Now, if I can just get an OPK to go even SLIGHTLY positive! LOL

Awww! I guess I'll have to find someone else to stalk this time! LOL I think less stress sounds fab though! :hugs:

Now, if I can just get an OPK to go even SLIGHTLY positive! LOL

:rofl: come on opk dont let us down we need this experiment completed tell them sticks megg!!!!!! :rofl:

yeah less stress is defo the way to go for me this cycle, to be honest at first and for first year even temping was fun but now after 3 MC's and millions of failed cycles its not so fun anymore just depressing if anything so none of that for me this month just opks to obsess over cant not know my ov day it has be temps or opks LOL!

so megg im set on u taking another opk tomorrow lady! dont let me down now :mrgreen: :rofl:

Oh, I'll take another one tomorrow! No worries! I still have like 4 or 5! LOL Plus, I have 2 of the dip strip types from Oz! I could use those too! :D

Funnily enough Charlie ive just posted a thread with exactly the same sentiments, 22 months TTC and 5 miscarriages Ive had enough, ive learnt so much on BNB but all the things like temping updating FF, symptom spotting etc - does my head in !

So im taking a break, gonna get my social life back get pissed now and again, take the kids to theme parks, maybe even join a gym and do some exercise !

Good luck in your journey xx

Now MEGG ! I started doing the OPK thing from CD3 and it went really dark to CD6 then started getting lighter so I stopped cus I knew it wasnt happening ! Its good though that yours are getting darker !! Definately a good sign ! Hope its your month hunni, keep in touch via FB Xxxxxxxx

I will for sure, Heather! Enjoy your more relaxed life! :hugs: You definitely deserve it!

Megg - love you picks. If you need someone to stalk i'm avaliable, i could become your little aprentice:haha: "teach me everything you know master":thumbup:

i did another OPK last night and it came up negative, so i just put neg in my chart. stupid positive test. I'm going insane temping and OPK that i cant understand its crazy. If anyone wants to look at my chart i'ld be happy for some advice. My DH says i'm stressing more than when i was studying and i need to stop. I think i have to much time on my hands. Oh well cooking lasagna today. Have the sauce bubbling away since yesturday. When my friend gets here we'll be making fresh pasta and a cheese sauce. Man i love fresh lasagna:happydance:

Sure, I'll take an apprentice! :) C'mon, hun! Not sure what to make of your chart just yet though! Hmmm...

Today's OPK!

https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2710/4437623045_1a72b5a528.jpg

do i see a line???? im sure i do megg am i right?? ohh this could so be good, ok question megg have u tested with opks b4 upto af coming ? do u get the darkeing line the closer af get or the surge b4 af like i do coz if not this soooooooooooo looks good :yipee:

mine were very fooling the faded in day by day from 6dpo to quite dark day b4 af came them day after that test she showed so thinking opk as hpt not so good for me but i have got a fab piccy from a year ago in a thread i done i also state my dpo wen took them so be good for u see megg here is the thread huns https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-ovulation-test-gallery/92376-used-opk-hpt-look-works-lol.html make sure u scroll to test at bottom of first page at 18dpo its fab :mrgreen: think first one is 10dpo xx

Whoa! That's one hell of a picture from 18dpo! LOL Nice!!!

That is definitely a line! Its the first time I've gotten much of any line at all on this brand. I barely had anything prior to O, if you noticed in the pics! Its the darkest I've seen all cycle... oddly! As far as if I get a surge before AF... I know that I've taken OPKs prior to AF before (but not regularly like I am now, iykwim)... I don't ever remember them being surge like before AF before... definitely not a darker line that I got prior to O. So, maybe it's good?

Hey Megg - I def see the line! I really think that on the basis OPKs are so pants for you that this has to be a positive sign i.e. getting any line at all in the 2ww. It looks about the right darkness for a BFP on an HPT for 10dpo (I assume we can make that comparison seeing as both OPKs and HPTs pick up HCG?). It's a tricky one hun - loving the experimentation but don't let it get you down. x

Thanks! I'm sure you're right! I just know I'm supposed to test in the morning and I was hoping to have a more sure sign by now. But I think AF is technically due on Thurs. Maybe I should wait another 2 days and test Friday? What do you think girls?

From an obsessive POAS-er turned chart-stalker - and on the advice of charliemarina believe it or not (bad girl for starting this experiment!) - I would try and wait it out for temps staying high / AF no-show and test Friday. x

That makes sense! Michelle is going to have my head for waiting though! LOL

Wait Meg... so are you using the OPKs to detect pregnancy or do you not think you've ovulated?! I'm so confused :(

edit: nevermind :flower: The thread would tell me it's for an HPT. :dohh:

Sorry to sound nagative however in the run up to af you would expect a small amout of LH, so I really dont think you can read too much into this! I actually dont understand why people use opks to test, other than for a fun experiment, however if you are seriuosly testing for pregnancy why not use an HPT? Afterall an opk only indicates LH surge, it doesnt definitely confirm ovualtion.

I hope you do get the result you want but I would try an hpt. Good luck!

Nicolalmn, good point maybe I have missed the point here, are you trying to confirm ovualtion, in whcih case the line must be darker than the control. Either way hoep you get the result you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->