My parenting journal through life and adoption!

So glad everything went well, looking forwards to following your journey, followed your journey with your little max was hoping the best for you.xxx

Tag, you are brilliant and amazing and this post filled my heart ALL THE WAY UP.

Your binder story makes me drool ... I love binders of all shapes and sizes and it's pretty phenomenal that you got that done FOUR WEEKS ahead of schedule. Way to go, girl!!! :happydance:

I can't wait for this to move ahead for you. <3

A++, sounds like! :rofl:

Wonderful update! You are nothing short of amazing!

I am glad everything went well, Tara. You are amazing!

Sounds very promising! :) so happy you and DH are such excellent candidates it's all so exciting!

It warms my heart to read your update <3 and of course you had the binder ready to go, I wouldn't expect anything less :haha:

But seriously, this is awesome news. I'm so excited for you! <3

binder ready for her and your own copy....little OCD...lol...nah just well prepared. glad everything went well. hopfully in the next few months you get your little bundle of joy.

Tag, you are brilliant and amazing and this post filled my heart ALL THE WAY UP.

Your binder story makes me drool ... I love binders of all shapes and sizes and it's pretty phenomenal that you got that done FOUR WEEKS ahead of schedule. Way to go, girl!!! :happydance:

I can't wait for this to move ahead for you. <3

A++, sounds like! :rofl:

Yes fellow Marketing Manager...I love binders, page dividers and sticky notes too! :haha:

A little down in the dumps today. My mom sent me a text that her friend's daughter just gave birth to a baby boy. I don't know...just hit me in the gut. I naturally did the mature thing and responded with :growlmad:

She said, "I know I'm sad too, just thought you would want to know."

I said, "thanks all set, LOL."

I hate feeling resentful. The weird thing is I never feel resentful here on BnB...it's like we are this invincible tribe. :flower:

So Wednesday is our 2nd Home Study meeting with just DH and I. Then I meet with her separately and then DH meets with her separately. And then she meets the kids in mid-June. I pray to god 3 year old Lucy doesn't use her new swearword she learned from god knows where. :dohh: Oh right, my DH. :blush:

Oh and wait until you hear this story about S. She has made a couple of new friends at school. So over the weekend she went and saw a movie with them, then they drove to get ice cream and then she asked if they could come back to the house. Which they did. The kids left around midnight after hanging out in the basement. Well while the driver of the car who is 17 was taking the other two kids home...my DH's police department pulled him over for driving not only an unregistered vehicle but for driving without a license. :wacko: For the second time in 3 months. What is wrong with his parents? They knew and didn't care. He never told S that he didn't have his license, and she was so upset. She said, don't you know my dad is a cop??? And you drove me all night and drove your unregistered car to my house? My DH's shift was the one who picked them up. Ugh! Parenting a teenager and a toddler is so different. LOL

Yes fellow Marketing Manager...I love binders, page dividers and sticky notes too! :haha:

These are a few of my favorite things! :rofl: New notebooks, too, and sharpies. I LOVE sharpies. <3

That's can be such tough news to get. :nope: But an invincible tribe... I like that. That very much captures the spirit of this site and how I think a lot of us feel. :hugs:

The next set of interviews and meetings will go well, I know they will. Lucy will have surely forgotten that word by then, right? :winkwink:

And just wow. Wow. Teenagers. How could his parents NOT CARE? What kind of message does that send? I'm glad S wasn't in the car when it happened. That's just so unbelievable to me. Dealing with a new swear word sounds like such a much more straightforward thing to deal with, compared to that. :dohh:

This really is an invincible tribe :friends:

Hope part 2 goes well [I'm sure it will!]

Too funny about L's newest vocab word thanks to DH :rofl: My S learns them all from me :blush: :haha:

Oh my, what is wrong with his parents that they don't care?! And how dumb can he be driving that car to your house with S in it when they must know dh is a cop?! :wacko:

tag thats teenagers for you. to think at one stange you were there and did some questionable things like us all. if the other visits are anything like this one, im sure you will have it all covered.
in this forum its really like a second family, the kind that does not give you the side looks and are truly happy when they say they are and have no hidden agendas.
happy to be a part of your journey

These are a few of my favorite things! :rofl: New notebooks, too, and sharpies. I LOVE sharpies. <3

Yes!!!! Fine tip Sharpies are my favorite! DH can't stand them!

This really is an invincible tribe :friends:

Hope part 2 goes well [I'm sure it will!]

Too funny about L's newest vocab word thanks to DH :rofl: My S learns them all from me :blush: :haha:

:rofl: And she even uses it in the correct context!!!

I know, I feel bad for kids with bad parents. One of the kids sent me a long text apologizing last night. I really respect that. :)

Invincible tribe... that's the best. I totally laughed my ass off imagining your toddler cursing to the adoption lady omg, I'm sure they've seen it all :rofl: Of all the words they could learn, they always learn the inappropriate ones!

I hope all continues to go well with the adoption process. All in all it sounds promising! :thumbup:

If Ashlyn doesn't know every swear in the book by the time she's talking, I will be very surprised. :haha: We try to edit ourselves, we really do but it's a tough habit to break!

Hoping everything continues to go well :)

OMG I can't believe Syd's friend! :nope:

Hi I hope you don't mind me following. Have seen you around and (because I'm a total creep) I actually had a dream about you or rather your username last night. Hope you are doing ok.

Oh goodness toddlers swearing :haha: I'm sure the HV will go just fine!

:hi: Daisy!! Omg you had me cracking up as I was walking in circles to beat my sister in the Fitbit challenge. Was it a good dream???

I ask because- yesterday I spoke with 3 adoptive families, today I talked with 4 on the phone. Each time I was in my driveway pacing and I found a penny yesterday and 2 crystals today. So weird as I never find stuff like that in my driveway. Pennies from heaven??

Anyway- the families were amazing and reassuring. Telling me moms pick families for so many different reasons that we could never write the perfect profile. Maybe they like how you look, or they see you have a horse or a stack of board games in a pic- one birth mom saw the family likes spaghetti and chose them for that!

So for those thinking of adoption - here's the list to remember:
- it's a waiting game
- you will most likely be matched more than once because a birth mom backs out
- you're allowed to pick an allowance you'll pay to help with birth mom expenses- the higher your allowance the more moms you're presented to:wacko:

Oh and then I have a crazy story for you but I'll log on tonight and write from my computer.

Today- our home study went well. More paperwork :dohh: and we watched a video and had to take an online course because we are open to any race and they want to make sure that we understand the barriers with that.

But interestingly....she told us any child would thrive with us and asked us to join their waiting list of 15 families waiting to adopt in our state! They will only charge us for placement - no charge up front- it is still a lot of money but we thought let's let anyone market us and we were thrilled they asked!

Next meeting is next Wednesday for a one on one with me and then DH goes a week from Friday.

I'm so tired already! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->