my stillbirth+m/c story- could be upsetting to some people

Uvlollypop

finally a mum
Reaction score
My story.

I was 18 a ‘party girl’ always out having fun drinking dancing until dawn and bumming my way around the country going to festivals/raves etc having a great time being young doing everything to excess. I started to feel odd and ill so decided to take some time out everyone was telling me that I was pregnant this was the furthest thought from my mind. If anyone asked me about kids id reply with ‘yeah they are nice for other people’ or ‘great when you can give them back’
I eventually got bullied into doing a pregnancy test on the 23rd aug I went along with it weed on the stick went to shout out ‘ha negative im ok’ when I read the packet and It dawned on me that two lines ment pregnant.
I walked downstairs put the test on the table poured a glass of wine and cried for three days..
I didn’t want a baby, I wasn’t going to b a teenage mum that wasn’t the plan I was better than that. Well that’s what I thought anyway. Silly me!
I went to my doctor who conferment the pregnancy, I didn’t know how far I was because I was to busy partying to keep track of my AF (fucking silly AGAIN) he booked me in for a scan.
I waited weeks and weeks for the scan, while I was waiting I was made homeless due to being pregnant ( I was living with friends at the time) the father abandoned me completely I still havnt spoken to him since the day I found out I was pregnant!
I was alone
I went to my doctor to ask for an abortion, everything was against me and I could hardly look after myself let alone anyone else.
I had counselling and decided I couldn’t do it.
I had my 12 week scan after what felt like forever, I had convinced myself that I wasn’t really pregnant and that it was all in my head. Sure as sure there was a baby on the screen. I felt like an awful person for even thinking about abortion.
From then on I threw myself into the pregnancy, I got a council flat (grim but meh) worked my arse off even though I had serious morning sickness brought everything did it all alone, went to see my midwife whi mentioned the triple test. She explained to me that its very rare for it to show up bad results in someone my age so I thought id go for it.
I had the test at 16 weeks, 3 days later I had a midwife at my front door telling me that my baby would prob have spina bifida. My world fell down I was booked in for a scan to check everything the next day. I spent the day waiting for the scan finding things out about spina bifida preparing myself for the worse.
I made the decision that I wouldkeep my baby what ever happened.
I went to the scan and everything was ok! The baby had really long legs but the spine was closed awesome.
I had my 20week scan everything was fine again and I found out I was having a girl! Amazingly happy really looking forward to being a mum completely changed my life for the better.
I was booked in for a 28week scan just to keep an eye on things, the baby was low down everything looked ok but they couldn’t see her head clearly so I was asked to come back in a few days to be rescanned and that there was nothing to worry about. I was happy another chance to see my little girl everythings fine good stuff.
I went to the next scan and within seconds I knew something wasn’t right but noone would tell me what had happened. I started to cry they brought more people into the room to look at the screen and the doctor looked at me and said ‘im sorry your babys heart isn’t beating’ he then said ‘its ok your young its not like you were trying’ which was nice
I just wanted to get out of there, but they kept me for ages telling me things I didn’t understand.
I was sent home, I had to come in the next day to take some pills that would induce me to get the baby out. I went for the first lot of pills and walked around the hospital crying for hours I don’t know why. People looked at me but noone asked what was wrong.
The pills made me really sick. I remember ‘feeling’ the baby move I called the hospital telling them they had made a mistake and that I could feel her. They explained to me it was like a tennis ball in a bag of water bobbing around it wasn’t movement.
I went for the next lot of tablets on the next day. I was really ill and I looked like death. I went shopping for a baby outfit to put her in when she was born and also hospital bag things. People asked me when my baby was due, I replyed with never my babies dead.
It was all a cold numb blear of time
On the third day I went into hospital with my bag packed, I was giving more drugs for induction, drips etc. labour kicked in I handled it well without pain relief. Towards the end I got very distressed begging for an epi which I was refused.
I ended up screaming at nurses/midwifes that they should all fuck off cause they didn’t have to give birth to a dead baby, I wanted them to leave me alone and let me get on with it, it wasn’t like there was a life to ba saved and at the time I didn’t care to much about my own.
At 7.19pm on feb 16th 2007 baby Skyela was born.
They left me alone with her, I bathed and dressed her took photos and got to stay with her over night.
The next day I left the hospital with my hospital bag and no baby one of the hardest things ive had to do in my life.
The taxi driver tried to make small talk with me on the way home, I coldly told him I had just given birth to my dead daughter, then I politely asked him to shut up as I was paying him to take me home and not for a conversation.
I don’t remember anything after this until the funeral on march the 6th. I wrote the service myself which ill share another time.
There was people and flowers, I had the coffin home the night before I had some weird idea that they were going to cremate the wrong baby/ or and empty box.
I watched the men seal up the coffin which people had put letters and gifts in.

That’s all I remember really

After the funeral I got really really drunk

The months after were horrendous and I don’t remember a lot. I quite often told people (like the dentist) that I had a daughter because it was easier than explaining what had really happened
I ended up meeting someone and decided to try for a baby I got pregnant quickly, threw myself into it and was very happy, I went for my 12 week scan and there was no heart beat, I was booked in for a D+C the next day which left me with scaring in the womb and a nasty infection.

I wanted to die, I couldn’t understand why al this was happing to me.

About 6 months passed and I decided that I wanted to try again, I got pregnant in march 08 and am now 23weeks pregnant, absolutely terrified but happy.
Everything that has happened to me the last few years has haunted me and will forever but this pregnancy will hopefully be my happy ending.

i thought id share some of my photos too.

first scan
https://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g169/uvlolly/1452817582_m-1.jpg
17weeks
https://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g169/uvlolly/1461497826_m-1.jpg
scrapbook pages
https://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g169/uvlolly/2008_03180073-1.jpg
https://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g169/uvlolly/2008_03180074-1.jpg
flowers
https://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g169/uvlolly/DSCN0740.jpg
coffin
https://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g169/uvlolly/DSCN0754-1.jpg
bump about 3/4months
https://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g169/uvlolly/Picture002-1-1.jpg

https://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g169/uvlolly/LossAware-1.gif

i found this really helpful to write down, ill remove it if it really upsets anyone

omg babe, I wish I knew what to say, *hugs* im here for you, and I know your wonderful little girl is watching over you

sweetheart, your so brave, and skyela's so pretty (some people may judge me but hey i can see it)...
your story made me cry for the pain youve been through, the loss of your daughter and a little bit of guilt for having had my LO with no probs...

hope writting it all down has been cathartic for you :hugs: :hugs:

your amazing Mol xxx

im sorry for making you cry...

it has been helpful for me to write it down, although reading over it it sounds more like a list lol

You are so brave to share your story xx

Thank you for sharing your story with us xx

:hugs: Your one brave women :) I'm sorry for what you've been through, I couldnt begin to imagine the pain. Your daughters the brightest star in the sky, looking down over you and your bump xx

It's very brave of you to share your story. I'm really sorry for all you have been through. You seem a very strong person.
All the best for the future. xx

that was so beautiful to read and understand ur story. u are so brave after everthing u have been though. thank you for sharing ur story molly. :hugs: x

im sorry for making you cry...

it has been helpful for me to write it down, although reading over it it sounds more like a list lol

dont be sorry for making cry hun, im due af so im a bit sensitive atm,

:hugs: x

Oh hun, that is so sad but you are so strong to have beenable to come out the other side. I really hope this time round everything goes well. Thank you for sharing x

Hey Molly, I've followed you on this site for some months and knew about Skyelea's birth, but you have put your story across beautifully. I hope it brings you some peace and you can know that she will be looking down on her little sister /brother. Wishing you lots of love and happiness hun xx

:hug: so sorry for everything you've been through. I had no idea you were so young, yet have been through so much.

Your little girl is beautiful, and i'm sure she'll be watching over you.:hug: I have no idea what it is like to lose a child, and i think you are extremely brave to share your story.

You are so brave for writing this. Thank you for sharing it with everyone, I don't know what else to say except Im sorry and just wanted you to know. x

i've been on B&B since march and watched/read you go through your last cycle with TTC and some of first tri. I never knew your full story but I've always thought that there was something soulful about you. Sometimes when you write I can actually feel the weight of it and now I know why.
I hope that you understand what a strong woman you are for having gone through all of this. I pray that this baby will bring you all of the joy and happieness that you so deserve. Lots of :hugs:
P

What an amazing person you are to be able to come through something like this and i thank you for being able to share your story with us. I agree with welshcakes about skyela being gorgeous. She is looking down on her mummy now and you were truly blessed to have such a beautiful daughter, even though she could only stay with you for a short while. I was so pleased for you getting a BFP again. Thankyou for finding the strength to write your story down

:hug: thank you for sharing your story.

Your such a brave women, u have a beautiful little girl, and i'm so sorry that she is not with u any more hun. thank you for sharing your story hun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->