My TRIA Review & Diary - Permanent Laser Hair Removal System

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
https://www.triabeauty.com/?half-price#easypay

I came across this system about 2 years ago (I think) when I considered salon hair removal for underarms & legs but the prices are shocking but so is this little system that I quicly pressed [x] within a second of seeing the price but I went back to it a couple of months ago and decided to dig deep in to Google trying to weed out honest genuine reviews I didn't come across much that made my mind up but I adventurely somehow came across a DIY beauty forum with genuine members that were active and were talking about this system including new buyers which was interesting. These people were not 1 post counters they are beauty mad :D Actually very interesting forum & this forum cost my bank £675 ...worth it? I hope so! People seeing difference in the first 2-3 treatments is promising you have to admit?

So today 4th June 2009 my TRIA arrived! It sat in the hallway very nervous to open it, very nervous what I'd just spent.

My first thoughts after opening the box!

Crazy looking gadget :lol:
Heavier than what I thought but nothing alarming
I expected a DVD of some sort but there lay the TRIA, the charger and a mini manual :confused: but I guess we all hate it when you get 10 books on one thing that could be explained in 1 page so the instructions were easy to read and understand!

In America these systems need to be activated by phone or website so I expected to have to do that ...apparantly not in the UK so that was one less hassle.

I read the units battery last to 250 charges ....My booklet says min of 300 so that was a bonus. Doesn't seem much does it? I quite agree as that was my first thought when I was doing my research and of course found discussion on this but when you calculate the treatments over 12 months you could do you whole body and still have half or more charges left. Imagine all these treatments at the salon ...the blow on your bank?

Where am I using the system

Regardless of not recommened on the face this I believe from info I found just has not been approved but are hoping to - Wasn't sure if that was fact but many women are using their TRIA on the face just don't be silly and use it near the eyes or on your ears! So I will be using the TRIA on my hairy chin chin lmao Many women are embarrassed by this added feature some it doesn't bother but my Auntie nicely passed down her one patch that gains course hair :fool: If she wants to use the TRIA she can buy her own :sulk: lol

Under my arms

& legs

So now!

My TRIA sits pretty on the box fully charged & I'm scared to use it! :rofl:

take the plunge! I'm really curious to see how it works! have you got hairy man legs to show us before and after? :lol:

Thats a good point Amy :lol: ....I will try to do some & magnify because it won't have immediate effect and the process is lenghty that I won't start doing my legs for a day or 2!

Might leave them on my PC to post with the after pics!

It is ...If it works its a fantastic price.

We'll see :D

Will you be starting all at the same time? Or will you see how it works on your chin (smallest area) first and then move onto legs/ under arms?

For the amount of money spend, I really do hope it works for you. I'll be checking back in to see the difference =)

I will use on the chin & underarms in one charge then my legs a day or two later.

For first 3 months its one treatment each area every 2 weeks then once monthly after ...on smaller areas some women carry on with every 2 weeks I *might*.

Will be stalking this review hun, lol.
I think its a great price for it as you can pay thousands to have this done private, plus as people say you get what you pay for too!
xx

Yep we needs pics and use the bloomin thing, I'd be like that; afraid of dirtying it :rofl:

So the first treatment

Underarms & Settings

I may not have paid 100% dedication to covering the area but I will wait the 2 weeks as suggested but wanted to try it out. Underarms I would imagine is a sensitive part of the body so after shaving and drying underarms I would personally wait a while before treatment ...have you ever put deodrant on and it stings sometimes? I'd imagine the same reaction. I shaved my underarms this morning and still found this quite intense I used the highest setting (of 3) and moved down to setting 2 (middle) 1/3 of way. It stings and heats but how bareable depends on yoru skin but apparantly you get use to it even those who can only stand the lowest setting will become more use to higher settings ...We will see!

So thats nothing exciting really but an update on how the TRIA felt on my skin.

How I found the system in use

The fan is quite nosiy it goes on and off during use ...OH said it sounded like I was playing tetris! lol Targetting the skin and moving to the next spot is quick but can see this being a lenghty process for my legs.

First treatment on the face

This morning started the treatment on my facial hairs around chin area.

Was not as stingy as the underarms ...again doesn't surprise me so was able to start and finish on the highest setting! It did leave slight reddness but its not not to be expected.

- Between now and Sunday I plan to start my legs I will give feedback on that then it will be a case of reporting back every 2 weeks and telling you if I notice any change between treatments.

Hey
Sounds like it went really well hun. I would of said your underarms would be way more sensitive, i found this with waxing lol.
Does the fan help to cool it down as such? like is it blowing out cold air?
x

Sounds really good! I'll be watching this thread very closely!

You can zap next week dunno if it will help as your not back until October :rofl:

first 3 months its once every 2 weeks and after every month ...i guess you could get away with once every month but your still quite a while away which is a shame really :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->