Mynx's Wedding Journal - *Woohoo I'm married!!!!*

Traditionally I think yes.

But I am making Green Peppermint creams with chocolate drizzeled over the top and some Coconut Ice in green and white. As well as adding some white toffee bon bons and some chocolate things covered in green crispy coating, and putting them in organza bags.

I think you can pretty much have anything you want. some people do a Candy Buffet, were loads of sweets are set up like a buffet and all the guests help themselves to a bag of sweets to take away with them

:flower:

Yer as Shabutie said, traditionally sugared almonds in a netting bag :) Alot of people stick with the traditional but there's a growing trend to have something different for the favours ... as for mine, I've told them that they cant be nutty because of the nut allergie peeps that are coming!
I do like the idea of a candy buffet tho :thumbup: I'd be at that table all night :haha:

Ok :) I'll put my order in now... flying saucers please xXx

Update List time ...

Still to Get
Bridesmaid Shoes
Flower Girl's shoes and frillly socks
Busy Bags
Gifts for the wedding party
Basket/box to put buttonholes in
Wedding Car ribbons
My wedding makeup + lashes
Wedding Undies/lingerie

Still to Pay
£1000 for the venue
£91 for the Registry Office (cant pay this till the wedding day tho)

Still To Do
Lose weight!

Wow. That really doesnt seem alot left to do now :rofl: What on earth am I gonna do for the next 3 and a half months?!?!?!

Ok :) I'll put my order in now... flying saucers please xXx

Gawd knows what our favours will be like! I'm gonna badger Jay's mum into giving me a few clues, I know she's dying to let me in on it :haha:

I'm not going with sugared almonds either...I think I'm gonna go with mini chocolates or like retro sweets (lovehearts, cola cubes, refreshers, palma violets etc lol) in a favour box rather than an organza bag :) xx

hope she lets you in on what the favours are :D

I had to reorder the paper bags for our pick n mix bags as the other ones were mahoosive and I wasn't going to be filling them for people :rofl:

I got Elisha's shoes :happydance: I'm so excited about these because she spotted these on Ebay about a month or so ago and I've been waiting for her size and colour to be available and today they were!!! Woohooo :)
She wanted these so that she can wear them again after the wedding :)

Oooohhh those shoes are lovely, and a brill price too :thumbup:

For those of you girls that are interested in cloth nappies and babylegs, I'm selling a load on here.... loads of Mini Lalas and a couple of Totsbots Easyfits. We've had to give up with the cloth as we just cant find any nappies that work well for Evie anymore :( She pees like a racehorse and we just cant afford to replace them all with something that *might* work :( Here's the thread if anyone's interested!

So after much deliberating, I've made the decision to sell the rest of my stash, so that we can have some extra money to go towards the wedding :cry:

The flowers FINALLY arrived this morning! :happydance: I ordered them in the middle of March and was told I would get them 4 weeks later.... after 9 weeks, they finally got here! :D I cant actually leave feedback on Ebay anymore for them because you have to do that within 60 days of the order, but at least they're here now :D

Pic 1 - Regular rose buttonholes
Pic 2 - Elisha's bridesmaid posie
Pic 3 - My bridal bouquet

Attachments

• P5210073.jpg
    P5210073.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 3
  • P5210074.jpg
    P5210074.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 4
  • P5210075.jpg
    P5210075.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 5
OOO they're stunning hun!

Bit bad about the amount of time you had to wait, good job you ordered them in March! :thumbup:

Thanks hun :) I'm so glad they're finally here now :happydance:

Everything is coming together nicely now, I dont think I'll be buying anything for a while now because most of it is done! Besides, need to wait for some nappies to sell now to boost the PP account :haha:

yay so glad you got your flowers hun :happydance: they're so pretty

Well that backfired on the seller now didn't it? :haha: But they are lovely, and glad you finally got them!

Have you considered selling some diapers on Diaper Swappers? I think they have a UK section, it was my go-to site when I needed new fluff for Claire. :)

Hmmm that might be an idea hun, thanks :flower:

I've had alot of interest in the babylegs, and who wouldnt, they're just sooo cute! :cloud9: Gonna miss Evie's fluffy bum, even if it was wet nearly all the time :haha:

Claire was a heavy wetter as well. We never were able to use cloth overnight, she'd soak right though. Not to mention she's a butterball and has now outgrown all of the BTP diapers we had for her. :( So back to disposables as the larger sized ones didn't work either. We tried! :lol:

I agree, the babylegs are cute as well and there was nothing sweeter to me than seeing her toddle around in a sundress with a fluffy bum peeking out. :cloud9:

Awww nik you floggin ya nappies! All for a good cause tho eh :)
Flowers are luvvlie n all xXx

It sure is for a good cause darlin :) That's what I keep telling meself :haha:

I used them for nearly a year, so I feel I've done some good for the environment :D Back to sposies tho (altho Evie's been back in them full time for a couple of weeks now) but I'm actually glad that I'm not constantly having to change her vests or trousers a few times a day!

Tiff, we always had problems with night time nappies.. we used Close Parent ones at the beginning and soon she was outwetting even ones with night boosters in.. then we went down the fitteds and wraps route and used Ella's House hemp ones, boosted to the max and she was outwetting them within a few weeks, and then trusty Bamboozles and then TB Stretchies :shrug: Tried with a variety of either wool longies (ooo I must put those up for sale actually!) or fleece wraps. Ah well, I tried! xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->