Mynx's Wedding Journal - *Woohoo I'm married!!!!*

Just ordered Elisha's and the little ones' thank you gifts.. they're not much but it's a little keepsake to say thanks for their jobs on the day :)

Nik, DONT LOOK AT THE LITTLUN'S ONES!!!!

They'll all be engraved with their names :)
Elisha's..

Evie and Jessica's

Just ordered Elisha's and the little ones' thank you gifts.. they're not much but it's a little keepsake to say thanks for their jobs on the day :)

Nik, DONT LOOK AT THE LITTLUN'S ONES!!!!

They'll all be engraved with their names :)
Elisha's..

Evie and Jessica's

LOL Nik, you might have well have said LOOOOOOOK NIIIIIIK!
They're lovely :p xXx

They're not much I know, but I thought they'd be a nice little thing to keep her first tooth, lock of hair n that kinda stuff in :)

We've had a bit of a rethink about the ceremony and have been doing some working out of finances....

We're not getting married in a registry office now, we're going to do it at the venue. It works out better (more expensive yes, but better) because my dad has been very ill recently and he and his wife will have driven all the way from Swansea to the hotel the night before, then coming to my place in the morning, then on to the registry office, then back up to the hotel. It's also something we wanted from the outset but it was too expensive (registrar would have cost an extra few hundred pounds) so we settled with the cheaper option of a registry office.
Of course this means that our notice of marraige is null and void now as we want to change the venue so we'll have to go and see about a new one of those, and we'll also have to inform all our daytime guests. Thank goodness we dont have many to inform!! :haha: I also have to inform the hotel that we are actually having the ceremony there after all - a civil wedding levy charge is actually included in our package deal so we'd have had to pay that, regardless of us marrying there or the registry office!
It also means that we wont be getting married as early as we'd thought, it'll probably be around 1pm or 3pm so that means the meal will be later now, which means we dont have to cater for quite as many people for the evening buffet now, so we'll be saving some money on that too... I think in all, it's going to cost us an extra £200 which we can scrape together by then, no problem :thumbup:
I much prefer the thought of getting married in our venue!! I cant wait to get it sorted out now lol!!

Sorry girls, I had to get it out before I burst! I want to get things sorted out before informing all the guests - apart from Nik of course, she'll see this and know ;) But Nik, you're the first one to know about the changes hehe :D

Woooohoooo :D I likes being numero uno :p
Glad you have managed to work it to exactly how you want it Nik, so will you be asking more peeps to the ceremony? or sticking to those you have already asked? Keep me updated Cola xXx

We'll be sticking to the ones we've already asked.. the cost per head for the meal is £54.95 so we dont want to go over that budget.. especially with the added cost of the registrar on top of it now!

It's just gonna make it so much easier for everyone involved I think .. no worrying about parking in the Civic Centre and then worrying about getting everyone from there to the hotel... just makes much more sense this way :thumbup: Besides, the Civic Centre is such an ugly building, I'd feel a bit of a tit rolling up in me big frock outside what looks like a prison :rofl:

Hello :wave: Officially stalking you :D
Your wedding is really not far away now,nervous or just excited?
It looks like it makes a lot of sense to get married at your venue, I really like the idea of being in one place for all of it, I bet that will take a lot of stress and hassle out of it for you! Xx

Hey hun :hi:

I'm excited! I cant wait! I'm a little nervous tho, but only because I'm worried that something will go wrong in between now and the wedding :haha:

I rang the hotel today and they've made a note of that on our file, and said that the most ideal time for the ceremony would be 3pm - the registrars usually have scheduled times of 1pm, 3pm and 5pm, so now I'm just waiting for a call back from the registry office about booking a registrar and sorting out a new Notice of Marraige. Once these are booked, I'll be happy and not quite so nervous! x

Does it have gardens nik for the kids to run about on? A later time would be better for the girls too, not so much hanging about xXx

Glad you've got what you wanted now :) and only for an extra £200! sounds like a good price to me :)

The thankyou gifts are lovely :) And so are the flowers!!! This is gonna be a stupid question, but are they real? xx

Yeah there's like a patio area that we're hoping to have the drinks reception on (as long as the weather is nice!) and a grassy area too, so the kids should be able to have free reign there... within reason :haha:

The later time just works out better really for everyone, especially the little ones! They'll get so restless otherwise. And my dad too.. he's been so poorly recently what with one thing and another, having the ceremony early would have just been too long a day and too much faffing around you know? Better for all I say :) xXx

Glad you've got what you wanted now :) and only for an extra £200! sounds like a good price to me :)

The thankyou gifts are lovely :) And so are the flowers!!! This is gonna be a stupid question, but are they real? xx

Hehe not a silly question hun, no they're not real :) They're silk ... got them from a seller on Ebay (Polly's Pretty Petals I think?)
I got the bridal bouquet, the bm posie and 25 regular buttonholes for about £65 including delivery.. I thought that was a pretty good price! :thumbup:

Wow that is a really good price! And you can keep them too :) xxx

I'm not sure yet! I'd like to, but I'd want it back so I can keep it :haha: Do ya think that whoever caught it would mind handing it back?!

Finally got thru to the registry office... we have to put it in writing that we're changing our venue for the ceremony and we now have a new Notice of Marraige booked for 17th June and a registrar has been provisionally booked for 3rd of September at 3pm :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->